2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

HPD

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

:lol:
Gasly:
“As soon as I started to arrive behind the Williams, I think [it was] actually the first time I saw blue flags for cars ahead of me.
“So when I saw that, I thought, ‘F***, it means I am doing a good race now’.
“Usually the blue flag is for me, [to move aside] for the Ferrari or the Mercedes, but that was a pretty good feeling.
“I’ve been lapped in Bahrain [where he finished fourth]. I didn’t lap other cars. It may be the first time I haven’t been lapped and I’ve lapped other cars.”
"Since the beginning of the year, the engine is simply more mobile," says Pierre Gasly. "It's very good and much more consistent than Renault's drive last year." Especially when cornering, when the drivers need to accelerate, the Honda engine would provide more power and stability. "When it's wet, you expect a constant engine that does exactly what you want to do with the pedals," adds the Frenchman. "Honda is really good at that and now we just have to increase the overall performance so we have to improve."
https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... t-18080104
"It is certainly promising, but we also knew that Budapest is a place where power plays less of a role, which makes it all closer", he adds. "But the Honda did very well in the rain on Saturday, the controllability of the car was great, mainly because of the accelerating and the torque of the engine, as a rule you want to have those things constantly and have to be done exactly what you ask for with the pedal, Honda is very good at this. "
https://www.gpupdate.net/nl/f1-nieuws/3 ... gen-nodig/

etusch

super cool
super cool

Well I always had my suspicion that Honda PU did indeed had low end grunt in last two years as cars with low df had performed quite well in corner exits, both STR and McLaren.

Mattchu

Love this! Honda seem to be enjoying racing/Formula 1 again...

etusch

According to article that @HPD shared, they tried new engine parts and I couldn't see any issue report. So it is very good test for both side. I hope there is some performance gaining there

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

Indeed everything is getting better and things looking more reliable than before. I hope next year all our faith in Honda will be rewarded.

techman
techman

i think the honda engine is driver friendly , due to it smooth driveability. the grr, or cylinder deactivation in off trottle position helps for smoother power delivery compared to renault. good job on honda. next year both ric and max will love the driveabiliy

HPD

"The collaboration with Honda is fantastic, we are very happy with them, Honda is a very good and very serious company, they have improved a lot compared to last year, we sat down in November to see the steps to take and, in terms of development, everything It's a good combination and it's a good combination with Toro Rosso, and next year with Red Bull, the goal is quite simple: to win races, with Toro Rosso being difficult because of our structure. Everything is on a different level, Honda is a very successful company that wants to win races, in Canada we had an improvement that gave us three tenths, we will have another one in the GP of the Americas, by 2019 there will be more and I am convinced that that the power unit will be very competitive "

"The collaboration is very successful, the lack of competitiveness is sometimes due to the chassis, we brought aerodynamic packages that did not work as expected, with Honda it's a long-term project, Honda is improving, bringing small updates."

"As far as I know, Carlos is in a top team, Renault, they are Toro Rosso's rivals, you have to ask Red Bull, yes, they have a choice over him, having one option is one thing, exercising it, another. "

James Key will go to McLaren by 2019. "We know this since last week, of course, it's a big loss for Toro Rosso, he's the team leader, now our story continues, we have to talk to him before he leaves. McLaren, "he said. It is worth remembering that the teams are already testing things for the coming course and then it will be another enemy so the logical thing is to close the tap to know certain information

http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/201 ... b45a2.html

etusch

What another one means? Another 3 tenths, one tenths or just another update

HPD

etusch wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 19:23
What another one means? Another 3 tenths, one tenths or just another update
Yes, *another update

etusch

Thanks

techman
techman

i hope another 2 tenths, with some more aero updates could do them big favours

etusch

21 oct. two months from now. I hope it will be big one

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 11:32
21 oct. two months from now. I hope it will be big one
The strategic penalties makes even more sense now, since the next update is billed for COTA. Both drivers should have enough components to see them through till then. Ferrari already introduced a 3rd Spec, Renault had mentioned Monza, I don't know about Mercedes.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.