2014 season - Ugliest noses ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
henra
henra

Re: 2014 season - Ugliest noses ever?

CBeck113 wrote: I prefer the cameltoe designation better, just because the double meaning fits to the general XX & XY theme of this season.
:lol: :lol: =D>
+1

monsi
monsi

I must say that I find all the different design solutions very refreshing. Lots of evidence of engineering teams picking different design solutions. I would love it if the prescriptive regulations were more flexible so we could see even more variation between the cars.

autogyro
autogyro

monsi wrote:I must say that I find all the different design solutions very refreshing. Lots of evidence of engineering teams picking different design solutions. I would love it if the prescriptive regulations were more flexible so we could see even more variation between the cars.
It is still only irelevent aero design and not even that it is design within narrow regulations.
Compared to F1 of the past it means zilch.

Daliracing

i wonder if they going to sencore al the d*** noses on tv lol :lol:

Holm86

The FIA has definitely tried to reach out to a larger female crowd :-)

Holm86

If they contract/expand according to temperature then they will be movable aero right?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

can't wait for the rearending gifs to pop up after the first races and willies snapping off or hanging half after damage :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Daliracing

A crash will be called bangkok :lol:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Daliracing wrote:A crash will be called bangkok :lol:
:lol: :lol: yes, this year will be great. very suggestive year :mrgreen:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

321apex
321apex

General comment to the F1 regulation regarding engines or as they are now called "power units":

"The power unit is deemed to consist of six separate elements, of which five of each are available to each driver per season before they are penalised. The elements are the engine, the motor generator unit-kinetic (MGU-K), the motor generator unit-heat (MGU-H), the energy store (ES), turbocharger (TC) and control electronics (CE). Should a driver use more than five of any one component he faces a penalty ranging from a five-place grid drop, a 10-place grid drop, or (if the entire power unit has to be changed) starting the race from the pit lane."

In my view, barring any last minute FIA regulation amendments and changes in this regard, the F1 world championship will be determined solely by the reliability of the Power Units. Specifically I would venture a prediction in that half the field will use TWICE as many "Power Units" as is allowed during the course of a championship season. As a result, all drivers will at some point suffer more or less severe grid penalties, which may make a mockery of what we used to know as competitive Formula 1. Driver having least amount of such penalties will be the World Champion in 2014.

Too many unproven elements in this puzzle to lock them into such reliability regime. To that extent, it may be unfortunate to all of us, that the next F1 World Champion may not be the best driver.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

321apex wrote: the next F1 World Champion may not be the best driver.
so, another in row for the man with the finger?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

321apex
321apex

Manoah2u wrote:
321apex wrote: the next F1 World Champion may not be the best driver.
so, another in row for the man with the finger?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No, that is not what I had in mind. Rather it could be any driver out of the top 5 teams. Just "roll the dice mister".

CBeck113
CBeck113

My wife predicted the shape of the noses before most others here:

Don't think like that - it's a corn dog!
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

void

Why not use some nose art to make they funny?

Daliracing

I think the Ferrari nose isn't so bad, now children can use it in their Ferrari themepark as a slide :lol: