2013 British GP - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: 2013 British GP - Silverstone

komninosm wrote:Did they really have to put out a second safety car for Vettel? It seemed out of the way to me, they could even push it to an exit easy.
Yeh, I didn't really understand why they didn't just leave it there either.

munudeges
munudeges

If I were Lotus I would grab di Resta and Hulkenberg.

Morteza

munudeges wrote:If I were Lotus I would grab di Resta and Hulkenberg.
That would be a sane thing to do considering how Grosjean is doing...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

beelsebob
beelsebob

That or DiResta and Riccardo, but yeh, that's very sane.

iotar__

Morteza wrote:
Considering he's getting B spec car, updates, set up; TEAM ORDERS, strategy calls, numerous f.. up qualifying sessions and everything else and if you think that he forgot to how to drive (Malaysia, Bahrain or even Canada) or lost his speed, and other driver under these circumstances would be doing great job than your understanding of F1 is below a basic level or you simply don't watch or follow races closely enough.

All this started long time ago, Bahrain 2012, but more strongly around Germany, starting with sudden "set up problems" wonderful race when they left him with a broken floor instead of pitting and getting free gearbox change. Worked like a charm with a 5 places penalty in USA where despite that and spin he ended right behind Raikkonen. But you probably know all that.

Current situation is simply a result of horrible driver management and not some driver shortcomings. Ask former technical director:
Q: Tell us about Romain and the problems he’s having with the car.
JA: The truth is that it’s certainly not Romain causing the problem. Romain is fast, smooth and good at looking after tyres, however we have not yet managed to give him a consistent car that lets him bring his talent to bear. It’s not him; it’s that we haven’t got it quite right for him yet [...]
All this after test, base set up and updates situation in the first three races.

You can't push marketing wise your chosen driver when he's out-raced and out-qualified by a rookie. When it comes to Raikkonen Lopez lost the plot. Mostly because it was his idea, and he HAS to be right no matter what, two: marketing value. The problem is that he is not worth the kind of money, car and results they're throwing away on him. Without a car marketing value means little but it' s a different story.

So Lotus turned into one driver team and those who don't agree leave the team. It's funny how at the same time same people who are firing Grosjean are dissecting some bogus breaking problems by Hamilton. How about tyres, updates, car design and set up towards one driver? Also It's funny to see so many fans of team orders, even pathetic ones like Singapore for 2 points and fifth place.

enckboaz
enckboaz

what did alonso says during the Pre-podium procedure?

myurr
myurr

If I were di Resta I'd consider staying at Force India. I know that they still have a lot to prove, but currently they're showing just as strongly as Lotus and Lotus don't have the funding to take on the top teams any more than Force India do. They're building a solid team and seem to be getting stronger whereas Lotus appear to have faded somewhat over the last couple of races where they're no longer a threat for the race wins. He knows the team and is putting in some strong performances where he would have a good case for the team to build themselves around him.

The interesting seat for me next year though is going to be at Ferrari. Massa has had some bad luck and has shown some strong pace at times, but he's also binned it three or four times in practice sessions now. If he doesn't start picking up some strong points to help take the fight to Mercedes in the constructors then I can see Ferrari letting him go. Now that would be a seat worth fighting for, much more so that the Lotus which I see as a fading star for the foreseeable future.

TheRMVR

'Kimi is faster than you'

Nobody doesnt really seem to care if it's not Ferrari..

fenix4life
fenix4life

Rosberg appears to be under investigation for ignoring yellow flags.

http://www.eurosport.fr/formule-1/rosbe ... tory.shtml

turbof1

TheRMVR wrote:'Kimi is faster than you'

We do, but it's legal to do so now.
#AeroFrodo

TheRMVR

turbof1 wrote:

Ferrari got attacked on a moral basis, just like Mercedes this year for ordering Rosberg to stay behind Hamilton.

turbof1

I don't agree with it; team or not, they should fight for the position. And I do praise Mclaren in that aspect. Though I would judge the hamilton-rosberg a little bit heavier, due being way too obvious. That took several laps; now the kimi-romain situation only lasted a moment, so it didn't got the same exposure. Perspective is everything.
#AeroFrodo

LionKing
LionKing

Morteza wrote:
Even Massa has performed much better than him so far season....

beelsebob
beelsebob

TheRMVR wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

Ferrari got attacked on a moral basis
Yes, the moral basis that it's immoral to break the rules and cheat at sport.

piast9
piast9

LionKing wrote:
Morteza wrote:That would be a sane thing to do considering how Grosjean is doing...
Even Massa has performed much better than him so far season....
Grosjean must have had some problem at the final part of the race. For long time he was close to Kimi but then dropped back. I think there was some technical problem because they retired him at the penultimate lap.