2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 15:42
The Honda VW clash seems worrying, but its not, really. 2026 is enough time for things to be cleared up and sorted before VW comes in to work at RB powertrains.
I think the only IP Honda gave to RedBull are the rights to rename the engine and build it and manafucture a few select parts and thats about it, so they shouldn't worry about VW sleuths stealing secrets for now.
But that would still mean that it is a VW engine, not a Red bull engine and when VW pull out RBR are back to square one.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

First thing's first, tomorrow is going to be a few degrees warmer than today, and more sun is expected so higher track temperatures. Hopefully the track evolution will bring the car into its window and it'll be fast later on in the race. Front end grip should improve as the race goes on so the team will need to be ready to take off front wing should the situation call for it.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

The Making Of Our Race Suits | The White [Honda] Edition.

The whole story behind designing the white Honda race suit in an 11 minute video.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... RaceSuits/?
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

The pit lane exit is a slippery one, don't get a penalty rushing out of the pits, then crossing that white line.
Saishū kōnā

Juzh

Fact of the matter is since silverstone update mercedes has been ahead by significant margin in every race apart from Zandvoort, but circumstances prevented them from capitalising on that massive pace. Anyone still not accepting that is a dreamer at this point. Sooner or later this run of less than optimal results for mercedes will come to an end and I fear Hamilton will just run away with it at that point.
Hamilton overtaking Verstappen on track tomorrow is entirely feasible scenario. Red bull has not been fast at all on back straight and DRS + slipstream is worth something like 30 kmh on this track.

TNTHead

I think one should not be too carried away about WDC chances for Ver. ..Monza, Russia and Turkey are all clear Merc tracks. With for instance Mexico and Brasil coming I expect there will be tracks where RB can shine again. Although the new tyres seems to fit Merc better than RB.

With the long back straight HAM will have lots of overtake possibilities. A VER win would be majestic. Let's see.

basti313
basti313

I think the difficulty is the start. If the grip on the inside line is really as bad as reported, then there is a good chance that Ham is behind Ver quite quickly.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

basti313 wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 22:27
I think the difficulty is the start. If the grip on the inside line is really as bad as reported, then there is a good chance that Ham is behind Ver quite quickly.
RB is not having a good weekend at all, and i doubt tomorrow will be any better.
Obviously Hamilton will be there fast, especially with a brand new engine, they're going to capitalize on that and run an entirely different strategy. On track, undercut or overcut, i doubt Verstappen will stand a chance. I also fully expect Hamilton to have dibs on pitstop, as he's running a different strategy compared to Bottas. All Bottas has to do is keep it in front of Verstappen, but how he has been driving recently, i fear the worst.

That said, again, RB is not looking that strong at all this weekend, so again, i doubt they're going to manage to be very strong here. And as for Bottas not being very defendant recently, it must be said Perez has been similar - however, in Perez' case, he usually manages his driving in such manner that it'll end up him being right there at the end.

A podium for Max should be guaranteed though, a win imho unlikely.
Perez should manage a top 5 finish imo.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 21:17
Fact of the matter is since silverstone update mercedes has been ahead by significant margin in every race apart from Zandvoort, but circumstances prevented them from capitalising on that massive pace. Anyone still not accepting that is a dreamer at this point. Sooner or later this run of less than optimal results for mercedes will come to an end and I fear Hamilton will just run away with it at that point.
Hamilton overtaking Verstappen on track tomorrow is entirely feasible scenario. Red bull has not been fast at all on back straight and DRS + slipstream is worth something like 30 kmh on this track.
Redbull was a very fast race car in Russia. For what it's worth we may see the same in Turkey. biased for race pace. Mercedes did not have any advantage in russia and thats why Bottas was so easily passed. Max was up to 9 seconds behind lewis at some point in russia, so i disagree with your very exagerated assessment. The races have been close. Even Monza during the race, as we saw that Mclaren had genuine race pace.
For Sure!!

Jambier

I think Mercedes is dominating again indeed

Silverstone basically killed the championship as well as Hungary

Now it will need some miracles to have a hope for the title, sad.

Another Ham and Mercedes title is not interesting at all

NathanOlder

Jambier wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 09:00

A 24yr old European driver winning his 1st title in a team that was European owned but had headquarters in UK, that had not won championships for years has been done before.

A driver winning an 8th title for a team winning their 8th title in a row has never been done.

Surely this makes it interesting enough?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Gillian
Gillian

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 10:10
Jambier wrote:

A 24yr old European driver winning his 1st title in a team that was European owned but had headquarters in UK, that had not won championships for years has been done before.

A driver winning an 8th title for a team winning their 8th title in a row has never been done.

With that logic we should be happy for Hamilton + Mercedes winning the next 5 years. Surely you can see how some would not find that interesting?

max_speed
max_speed

Let's have trust in Gasly ,Perez and for sure in Alonso. i just hope Verstappen gets bottas and wins. 10+ points lead in championship will for sure put pressure back on hamilton and mercedes.

Jambier

Gillian wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 10:15
NathanOlder wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 10:10
Jambier wrote:

With that logic we should be happy for Hamilton + Mercedes winning the next 5 years. Surely you can see how some would not find that interesting?
Agreed. The Merc domination is way too long, hurting F1

For the race let’s see if Perez can be a blocker but I think Hamilton will have a too big advantage in pure pace.
He should win the race easily, VES needs to be second though and beat BOT waiting for better days

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

ringo wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 04:33
Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 21:17
Redbull was a very fast race car in Russia. For what it's worth we may see the same in Turkey. biased for race pace. Mercedes did not have any advantage in russia and thats why Bottas was so easily passed. Max was up to 9 seconds behind lewis at some point in russia, so i disagree with your very exagerated assessment. The races have been close. Even Monza during the race, as we saw that Mclaren had genuine race pace.
RB were lucky in Russia else they would have finished in P7 or P8. They cannot even overtake Alpine. Not sure how RB was fast in Russia?