Alpine A522

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Alpine A522

radosav wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 12:33
Alonso said tyre degradation was huge problem, and battles in first stint destroyed his tyres, what was reason of degradation he didn't say.
Lack of downforce will usually do it... They were over 2 seconds off the pace of the leaders in the first laps.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 19:02
radosav wrote:
Alonso said tyre degradation was huge problem, and battles in first stint destroyed his tyres, what was reason of degradation he didn't say.
Lack of downforce will usually do it... They were over 2 seconds off the pace of the leaders in the first laps.
Pretty sure Alonso said they need to figure it out.

I mentioned that they could be losing DF in corners for whatever reason.
Could be a suspension issue or Configurations. Remember these suspensions are new and no hydraulics. So tieing what the suspension does going into a corner isn't an easy thing with rubber bands instead of hydraulics.

The Ferrari and it's Children seem to have that working.

Redragon

diffuser wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 20:24
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 19:02
radosav wrote:
Pretty sure Alonso said they need to figure it out.

I mentioned that they could be losing DF in corners for whatever reason.
Could be a suspension issue or Configurations. Remember these suspensions are new and no hydraulics. So tieing what the suspension does going into a corner isn't an easy thing with rubber bands instead of hydraulics.

The Ferrari and it's Children seem to have that working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eh5lZu2JqM
He is great but drive me nuts where he wears his watch.

radosav
radosav

TheRace article on A522 sidepod update.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/alpine-u ... aris-lead/

Kamel
Kamel

I think the new sidepods are just a drop in the ocean of updates that Alpine is preparing. As for these sidepods, they are not yet fully implemented, have to use tape to fix, and after the finish Alonso even tried to touch/ wash this part of the carcase.
Interested how they gonna manage the oversteer and tyre deg. Maybe on Thursday we'll hear Permane

diffuser

radosav wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 12:20
Wow didn't see the floor upgrade. Not sure when it came in.

diffuser

Best Picture Icould find of the new floor.

They Moved the cut out that was just behind the Binance further back. Where the cutout was before they've inserted a wave in the floor there that is about the same size as the cut out.

Blackout

radosav
radosav

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

radosav wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 17:11
Updates coming in Miami GP.
https://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp ... b45ef.html
And the engine?
The new engine is offering good data in terms of top speeds on the main straight and sectors, but its performance must be placed between questions. It was clearly inferior to ferrari and Honda engines (these with serious reliability problems, as seen) and only appeared to be ahead of Mercedes customers. At this point it is speculated that from the matrix of the star they could choose a somewhat conservative map for everyone, seeing that Hamilton and Russell would not see the fifth and sixth in the race endangered and that it was the maximum without abandonments. Then came the final gift with the breakdowns of Verstappen and Checo Pérez.

Blackout

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 18:19
radosav wrote:
And the engine?
The new engine is offering good data in terms of top speeds on the main straight and sectors, but its performance must be placed between questions. It was clearly inferior to ferrari and Honda engines (these with serious reliability problems, as seen) and only appeared to be ahead of Mercedes customers. At this point it is speculated that from the matrix of the star they could choose a somewhat conservative map for everyone, seeing that Hamilton and Russell would not see the fifth and sixth in the race endangered and that it was the maximum without abandonments. Then came the final gift with the breakdowns of Verstappen and Checo Pérez.
That's based on nothing, so complete BS. And marca is the least reliable source on earth for this kind of infos. Insiders are confident and think they are very close to the top and say the PU is just not fully optimized yet regarding mapping etc.

hollus

Just a reminder. Car stuff in the car thread. Performance, future updates, etc in the team thread; please and thanks. Some posts have been moved and a few more probably should have been moved as well.
Thunder wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 12:25
https://i.imgur.com/R86vIUw.png

This is the official Alpine A522 car thread. The thread has been created to facilitate discussion specifically about the A522 car.

Please, ONLY discuss technical items of this car. Refrain from speculation.

General discussion about the team, its drivers and performance can be posted in the team thread.

Livery discussion also belongs in the 2022 Alpine F1 Team thread.
Rivals, not enemies.

Alonso Fan

radosav wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 12:20
I really like the race as a yt channel but the website is a bit cringe for me. The whole article talks about alpine copying ferrari but in actual fact the side pods were probably signed off months/weeks ago likely before they knew what ferrari was doing. I think it's their very own design. Can they really design, adapt and manufacture something that big in a matter of 3 or 4 weeks? I doubt it. I remember scarbs saying that mercs new side pods were signed off in December or something. That's a good 2 months lead time
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Redragon

Blackout wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 19:07
AR3-GP wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 18:19
radosav wrote:
And the engine?
That's based on nothing, so complete BS. And marca is the least reliable source on earth for this kind of infos. Insiders are confident and think they are very close to the top and say the PU is just not fully optimized yet regarding mapping etc.
Marca might be a bad source but it is based on an interview Alonso gave where he was talking that the main update will come on Miami. And I think he is a good source.

vorticism

𓄀