2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Surely Red Bull does not have that history, reputation and speciality of Mclaren for now but I won't say they will "never" earn it. They contributed great drivers and moments to the sport, saying this as a Fernando fan, witnessed two titles slipped away to a quicker Red Bull.

On topic, I definitely do not have that pessimism about Mclaren and their current development effort and process. I am sure they will earn success again but I can't hope more for it to come as soon as possible.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Alonso car has some problem he is 0.5 slower than Vandoorne all the time.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Darth-Piekus

Yes maybe they might earn it but will it be the same ? Is it the same seeing a Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams winning and can you think the same if you see a Drinks Team win?

dp12
dp12

What's up with Alonso???

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

He couldn't do a lap, traffic and red flag

BrunoH
BrunoH

when you realise that toro rosso honda are way better than Mclaren at Monaco with 2 rookies that never driven an F1 here before.... vs alonso and stoffel... the chassis must be way worse than we thought.... something is really not working well.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

GoranF1 wrote:
26 May 2018, 12:48
Maybe he's just slower?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ground Effect wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:08
GoranF1 wrote:
26 May 2018, 12:48
Maybe he's just slower?
Impossible
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

BrunoH wrote:
when you realise that toro rosso honda are way better than Mclaren at Monaco with 2 rookies that never driven an F1 here before.... vs alonso and stoffel... the chassis must be way worse than we thought.... something is really not working well.
When you say they've never driven here before, are you talking specifically about F1? Because they've both raced around here in other series, which counts for a lot.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Alonso Fan

BrunoH wrote:
Yet mclaren were 0.7 faster at Barcelona...

You do realise different tracks suit different cars right?

Mclaren lacks traction and mechanical grip. We could see that from sector 3 at Barcelona. Those are basically the two most important things at monaco.

For this reason I'm also not looking forward to Hungary either
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Darth-Piekus

Considering how faster than Vandoorme is Alonso he could be close to the 2 Mercedes's and way clear of everyone. I say wait till the Qualifyings and see who is faster and who is not.

Also Bruno I dont want to burst your bubble but please stop with that fixation with Torro Rosso Honda. The results speak for themselves. They are eating Mclarens's dust at the moment. One Free Practise doesn't change that fact. Honda had their chance to impress Mclaren They failed and it's now in the past.

BrunoH
BrunoH

Ground Effect wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:11
BrunoH wrote:
When you say they've never driven here before, are you talking specifically about F1? Because they've both raced around here in other series, which counts for a lot.
did you read what i wrote!? i said never driven an F1 here before.....

Alonso Fan

The only saving grace Alonso has is if he actually has pace but got stuck in traffic. He's not the type to find half a second in qualifying like Hamilton does
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

BrunoH
BrunoH

Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:16
BrunoH wrote:

Mclaren lacks traction and mechanical grip. We could see that from sector 3 at Barcelona. Those are basically the two most important things at monaco.

yes i do, do you realise they said they had best chassis!? even if second best or third best... monaco and hungary supposed to be at the top!? cars chassis is terrible then...

Alonso Fan

BrunoH wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:28
Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:16
BrunoH wrote:

yes i do, do you realise they said best chassis!? monaco and hungary supposed to be at the top!? cars chassis is terrible then...
Yes I realise they said that about LAST year's car. Note the capitalised word. Please get it into your head.

And its marketing and hype anyway. Don't know why you people take it so seriously.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord