2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Nomore
Nomore

Re: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

Philledan wrote:
Nomore wrote:
Well in Barcelona we had 4 stops in 2011 in Barcelona 2013 we had 4 stops also...

Only the name of the one that is first is different...guess who is complaining

u too sir..:)
If you are implying that tires are only a small factor, and did not define this race; then you need to wath the race again my friend.I think 95% of all onboard communication we heard had something to do with the tires.
I am a huge fan of F1, and have been for many years. But to see Mr. Vettel, the reigning word champion fyi, leaving the door open to KIMI and let him pass without a fight, because he is racing his own race against his tires; that is no longer racing. Comments like 'i can not drive any slower' should never be said during a race, let alone an F1 race, the pinnacle of motorracing. Yesterday was just a sad day for the sport, including all the fans i must imagine.
Nevertheless, great race from alonso who was able to manage the situation at its best. Congrats to him
I didn't say that the tires are a small factor i said that they are the same for everyone and who loses should not complain but accept the situation.

The radio communication were also in 2011 and 2012 about...dive careful, save tires, be careful at x turn, we have to do 15 laps with this....etc The main difference with this year is that : a Team (guess who) and a driver (guess who) ... :D that in every single interview, he complains from A to Z about tires. We will see the next interview, he gives a interview every single week in the official F1 page... :lol:

It wasn't Mr. Vettel who let Mr. Raikkonen pass, but it was Mr. Raikkonen who overtook him fair and square. Vettel did everything to stop him and nearly crash but in the end Raikkonen got him.

'i can not drive any slower'--this was in the race, but you probably missed the interview with Hamilton post race when he said we have to go back to drawing board and make drastic change. He was blaming the car not the tires.

I guess your favorite team or driver did not win yesterday... for me it was a great day of motor racing i enjoyed the race like in Bahrain and China and also in 2011 and 2012.

Sure in the past i have seen better years, but i don't complain...i like what i see

Nomore
Nomore

CHT wrote:Now Pirelli is saying they are doing this because they dont want RBR to dominate the championship.
Where did Pirelli said that they dont want RED BULL to dominate...link pls

aral
aral

Nomore wrote:
It wasn't Mr. Vettel who let Mr. Raikkonen pass, but it was Mr. Raikkonen who overtook him fair and square. Vettel did everything to stop him and nearly crash but in the end Raikkonen got him.
Not in the race that I was watching! Kimi was catching Seb, and Seb made no effort at all, to try and block Kimi. He realised that he had no hope of fending him off, and left the door wide open, a fact remarked on by the Sky commentary team.

Nomore
Nomore

a fact remarked on by the Sky commentary team
This didn't make this a fact or a proof...i respect commentary sky, but this it doesn't mean nothing.
They nearly crash one lap earlier.

andartop
andartop

As far as I am concerned this has nothing to do with who is winning or not. As I said (for the newer members) I am a Ferrari fan since the 1990s, and I do agree radical changes in the tires at this stage would be unfair for the teams who got it right. Having said that, what I watched yesterday was not fun for me, and certainly not exciting. If the challenge nowadays is to overtake someone who is 4 seconds per lap slower because of the tires then yes, I'd rather have processional pole to finish races where at least there may be some real fights further back the grid... I don't expect anyone to agree with me, and I am not trying to change anyone's mind on this, just stating what I thought of the race.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Pierce89

kooleracer wrote: But most important thing is that the drivers can chose to push or the save there tyres now days there is no choice. I want to see a RACE!!!. You the one where drivers actually drive on the limit and make it hard to pass each other......
Alonso chose to push. I'm not going to go back and find the interview, but Alonso said he pushed until the last stint and then went 90% . In the first race of 2009(Melbourne) we had high degradation on Bridgestones. The god awful 2009 BMW nearly passed Vettel for second due to tire strategy because the Bridgestone options were dying quickly(actually Kubica would've beat Vettel, but Vettel wrecked them both).

I truly believe most of the complaints here are because Ferrari beat Red Bull, and "RED BULL JUST HAS TO HAVE A BETTER CAR THAN FERRARI BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE FERRARI".

I've not seen one scintilla of evidence the Red Bull is actually better than the Ferrari.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

CHT
CHT

Nomore wrote:
CHT wrote:Now Pirelli is saying they are doing this because they dont want RBR to dominate the championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107415
"We don't understand why you [the media] are all so excited.

Red Bull F1 2013"It is a bit bizarre - unless you all want us to give tyres to Red Bull to help them win the championship, which appears to be the case.

"I think it is pretty clear. There is one team who will benefit from a change and that is them."

reallydumb
reallydumb

This was not a race. This was caca!

CHT
CHT

Esteban Gutierrez who qualified 16, was the fastest man on track, about 1 sec quicker than pole position Nico fastest lap.

hendrix
hendrix

Stop crying please! All the teams had tests in BArcelona with these tyres and they should have learn about them a little more.
So:
1. To all Hamilton fans: Choosing Mercedes, the worst car in the f1 saving tyres, is a little stupid when you are not very good taking care of your tyres. Next time, think better, let me see, ... maybe renault would be a good option.

2.To all Vettel or RBR fans: Remember Silverstone and the EBD banned? All the big teams crying because Ferrari was the winner of the race with the EBD banned? And do you remember what happened then? The difference is that EBD was against the spirit of the rules, and the tyres are not a rule, you can´t fool them, like Newey use to do every year.

3.To the rest: Barcelona is traditionally the most boring race over the year. It is only a saturday race to know who will have the pole. This is the first year than a car wins starting from the 3th row. And now you say that you want a tyre that let the driver push all time, but the truth is that with a Bridgestone, in Barcelona, the only car that could push all the time was the one with clean air. What do you want: 20 cars pushing but separated 10 second of the next car?
Come on guys, it is only a race in a particular circuit, I did not here all those people crying 3 weeks ago.

Let´s see how is the race in Monaco with these tires at least, next year all will be different, well not all, we will keep a lot of fans crying for pirelli, turbo, 1600,cc etc but the only truth is was Kimi said: this is the same for all, if you don´t like : F...

Nomore
Nomore

CHT wrote:
Nomore wrote:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107415
"We don't understand why you [the media] are all so excited.

Red Bull F1 2013"It is a bit bizarre - unless you all want us to give tyres to Red Bull to help them win the championship, which appears to be the case.

"I think it is pretty clear. There is one team who will benefit from a change and that is them."
Thanks for the link. =D>
He didn’t say that but he was a little bit more clear about this tyre situation :

"It is rather bizarre because we are only doing what we did in the last two years,"

One guy above asked for a interview with Paul Hembery when he says that the tires are the same as 2011 or 2012…here you go … or also this it’s wrong translated..?!?

Back in our discussions, Hembrey didn’t said that we have MADE these tires to stop RB from domination… I asked for this but still waiting for a response?? Still waiting …

Hembrey just said that there is a pressure from the media (some media pushed by RB) to change the tires in favor for RB, because RB is the only team that is asking changes … i.e they are the only to think that can benefit from changing

You (and also certain fans here) should understand that is not Pirelli that should adapt to RB, but RB that should adapt to Pirelli. i.e. is not the problem that should adapt to RB, but RB to the problem.

If Pirelli start changing and satisfies the request of RB than it will create a case … a very wrong and an infinite case…a loop … then every team will ask for specific changes in their favor and Pirelli is obligated to satisfies them all. If they do not satisfy them all, then they have influenced and manipulated the result of the championship.
And this will never happen my friend.

There are only two solution for RB:

1) Accept the problem and adapt to it
2) Leave the sport.

As for my personal opinion, I would agree with whatever decision they will make

Neno
Neno

Nomore, Red Bull have even third, today most popular option: whine and cry more :mrgreen: It's seems it's working everybody talking about tires, even Pirelli they get in tempted. They are like snake who tempted Eve to eat a apple. :roll:

Nomore
Nomore

Neno wrote:Nomore, Red Bull have even third, today most popular option: whine and cry more :mrgreen: It's seems it's working everybody talking about tires, even Pirelli they get in tempted. They are like snake who tempted Eve to eat a apple. :roll:
:) i know they will try to every last resort to change tires , i bet that in the next 2-3 days a interview of Vettel (crying) in the f1 official page... :lol: ...but they will fail

They will make only minor changes maybee passing from 4 to 3 pits...but it will depends on tracks.

My only question is when RB will lose also with 2 pit stop, what they will say...who has the fault then? the Sun..the centre of gravity of the earth, the Pope...

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

hendrix wrote:Stop crying please! All the teams had tests in BArcelona with these tyres and they should have learn about them a little more.
The majority of teams agreed that due to the conditions they didnt learn much in Barcelona.
hendrix wrote:The difference is that EBD was against the spirit of the rules, and the tyres are not a rule, you can´t fool them, like Newey use to do every year.
There is no such thing as 'the spirit of the rules'. Something is either legal or illegal. The EBD was legal.

henra
henra

Redragon wrote: If you think that the first two stints were done at 90% that Ferrari must be a real beast and not showing of the real potential.
IMO Alonso in the first 2 stints was pushing really hard to make that strategy of 4 stops work.
Comparing his laptimes with the qualifying laptimes might be enlightening. :idea:
In his best laps he was about 6-7s slower than in Quali.
Do you really feel that is 100% of the performance the car could achieve??? Is that a beast in your view?
For me the laptimes during the race compared to quali are solid proof that noone, read not a single one of the drivers was driving at the ultimate limit of their cars.
If that is good racing for you more power to you.
For me I have to say: No thanks.