Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
countersteer
countersteer

Re: Haas - American team in F1

Haas Automation has signed on as a sponsor for Ferrari through the end of 2015. Interesting....
http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/sponso ... ia-ferrari

Bob Brown

That's smart!

1. Exposure
2. Most likely getting a Toro Rosso - Red Bull style relationship for 2016.

60DShim
60DShim

Powerslide wrote:USA are not to be underestimated. They are responsible for the existence of the very first carbon fibre monocoque chassis designed by then McLaren's John Barnard. In the 90's CART suspension patented by a canadian, that reactive 3rd spring with a triangular central crank came to Formula One, experienced by USA racing first hand. I think Chapparal were playing with ground effect when the others were still tinkering with suspension. They seem pretty good with experiments and race obsessed. If they are approaching this from small then towards expansion they this could be promising. If they do a Toyota then its going to be short term.
HANS device was also developed in the US. People like to not give America credit for the things we have done, instead like to make fun of us for things like Nascar and our love for guns. A lot of technology that's in F1 has US origins.

Moxie
Moxie

countersteer wrote:Haas Automation has signed on as a sponsor for Ferrari through the end of 2015. Interesting....

North American Racing Team reboot?

MOWOG

Yes, please. =D>

Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

strad

Well according to the talking heads on NBC that might be close to what you get. As in that Haas would be a sort of Ferrari junior team much like Toro Rosso.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Bob Brown

Here's a thought........ what if Luca had the foresight to see this happening and is just giving Matiacci some experience before letting him run Haas Racing/NART and then have Brawn become the new team principal at Ferrari?

Cam

Nice thought. Or Brawn to Hass? Then it becomes "the Ferrari team you're running, when you're not running a Ferrari team"?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Sombrero
Sombrero

and the team Haas could easily replace the Scuderia... when they leave in 2020 ! (Luca Di M, Washington Post)

MOWOG

And Flyboy says people here have no sense of humor! :twisted:

Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Bob Brown

And then Brawn will once again win with a team that built up such a great car the year they decided to leave the sport lol.

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Moxie wrote:
countersteer wrote:Haas Automation has signed on as a sponsor for Ferrari through the end of 2015. Interesting....

North American Racing Team reboot?
Haas logo now on Ferrari cars.

Racer X

Well didnt Ferrari offer to also build a chassi for its customers along with the engine if they wanted them to?
I mean if all these rumors are true i can see Haas coming into the season and fighting in the Midfield right away.
Whos to stop them from giving them alot more aid then a customer team like Sauber.
one question tho. Haas wants to bring in an American driver along with some one already in the sport.
Who will be their American driver whos ready by 2016 from the drivers here to compete in F1. There is such a big pool of drivers available to them in NASCAR and INDY that i can see them bringing a strong driver and it looks like Ferrari would help them get the proper Licensing for such a driver.
But who would they take if we say they take a top American driver from INDY who are the top 3 right now in INDY?

Ill research it and then put what i find on this post when im done. in an EDIT.

Top American Drivers in INDY Car right now..

5th Ryan Hunter-Reay - AGE = 33
7th Marco Michael Andretti - AGE = 27 Grandson of Mario Andreitti
15th Charlie Kimball - AGE = 29

American Drivers are not exactly dominant in the Indy car series

Top American Drivers in NASCAR

1st Jeff Gordon - AGE 42
2nd Dale Earnhardt Jr - AGE = 39
3rd Jimmie Johnson - AGE = 38

American Driver are extremely dominant in the NASCAR series BUT their not exactly young or light weight for a Formula 1 car and their pretty tall. Also have have spent most of their careers turning Left all the time so i dont think they would do good in Formula 1 where you have to turn right occasionally. Thats a joke people dont take it the wrong way..... #-o

Then theres this gal

Danika Patrick 32

she has gotten 1 pole position and finishes in the top ten 3 times.
In NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

in INDY car she has
1 win 7 podiums and 3 Poles

but this all added up and her age.

She doesnt exactly have more achievements then your average GP2 Racer and even the top 3 are all better drivers atleast in stats then Danica Patrick.

How ever she drives for HAAS in NASCAR so sitting her in their Formula 1 car atleast for promotional reasons would make sense.

I mean its not like anyone would expect them to win on their first seasons so if their number 2 driver could be some one like Danica who will bring American viewers to support HAAS Racing in Formula 1 i think that its probably the smartest move and at the same time you could look for the best 18-20 year old you could find and sponsor them in GP2 to develop your future. In the mean time as a start up i really see Patrick as the best option.

Even if she will be a bit older.

Another one i liked alot is
Marco Michael Andretti
Hes not too old i mean why not but i doubt they will even consider him........ :cry: but it would be nice.... Do if for that last name atleast....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Moxie
Moxie

Racer X wrote:Well didnt Ferrari offer to also build a chassi for its customers along with the engine if they wanted them to?
I mean if all these rumors are true i can see Haas coming into the season and fighting in the Midfield right away.
Whos to stop them from giving them alot more aid then a customer team like Sauber.
one question tho. Haas wants to bring in an American driver along with some one already in the sport.
Who will be their American driver whos ready by 2016 from the drivers here to compete in F1. There is such a big pool of drivers available to them in NASCAR and INDY that i can see them bringing a strong driver and it looks like Ferrari would help them get the proper Licensing for such a driver.
But who would they take if we say they take a top American driver from INDY who are the top 3 right now in INDY?

Ill research it and then put what i find on this post when im done. in an EDIT.

Top American Drivers in INDY Car right now..

5th Ryan Hunter-Reay - AGE = 33
7th Marco Michael Andretti - AGE = 27 Grandson of Mario Andreitti
15th Charlie Kimball - AGE = 29

American Drivers are not exactly dominant in the Indy car series

Top American Drivers in NASCAR

1st Jeff Gordon - AGE 42
2nd Dale Earnhardt Jr - AGE = 39
3rd Jimmie Johnson - AGE = 38

American Driver are extremely dominant in the NASCAR series BUT their not exactly young or light weight for a Formula 1 car and their pretty tall. Also have have spent most of their careers turning Left all the time so i dont think they would do good in Formula 1 where you have to turn right occasionally. Thats a joke people dont take it the wrong way..... #-o

Then theres this gal

Danika Patrick 32

she has gotten 1 pole position and finishes in the top ten 3 times.
In NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

in INDY car she has
1 win 7 podiums and 3 Poles

but this all added up and her age.

She doesnt exactly have more achievements then your average GP2 Racer and even the top 3 are all better drivers atleast in stats then Danica Patrick.

How ever she drives for HAAS in NASCAR so sitting her in their Formula 1 car atleast for promotional reasons would make sense.

I mean its not like anyone would expect them to win on their first seasons so if their number 2 driver could be some one like Danica who will bring American viewers to support HAAS Racing in Formula 1 i think that its probably the smartest move and at the same time you could look for the best 18-20 year old you could find and sponsor them in GP2 to develop your future. In the mean time as a start up i really see Patrick as the best option.

Even if she will be a bit older.

Another one i liked alot is
Marco Michael Andretti
Hes not too old i mean why not but i doubt they will even consider him........ :cry: but it would be nice.... Do if for that last name atleast....

Don't forget Scott Speed :wtf: ****snicker****

cossie
cossie

Right now there is no one in Indy car worthy of a F1 drive, Danica no. American open wheel racing is still broke, hopefully Rossi and Connor Daly stay across the pond and put in their dues. They need to hire one that has experience, knows how to develop the car so the veteran driver will have a lot on his plate. Haas already said he wants one driver to have experience with this generation of cars and power unit IMO