2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Here we go again... let's wait until the car hits the track. We had this exact same discussion when the car was initially revealed.

Vanja #66

Seanspeed wrote:
10 May 2024, 14:51
I guess I'll keep it here then when I say the update is somewhat underwhelming so far, given all the talk of it being some '2.0' and how 'conservative' the launch car was. Very much looks like a decent set of detail changes rather than any kind of heavy overhaul. Which might be fine, I dunno, just think there was clearly too much overhyping of this.
Agreed, which is why I said the hype is not justified. :) The hype helps no one, but the media has to sell the clicks... It's a decent set of changes, arguably as much as McLaren changed when it comes to bodywork. As for the floor we are yet to see the new one, although we won't see the main tunnels of course. Rear wing tips are a nice touch, shows Ferrari is leaving no detail to chance as they are chasing the Bulls. This was not the case last year, a lot of details were left unchanged since their performance improvement was very small and the gap wasn't.

Overall, it's not a bad thing for Ferrari to avoid making massive bodywork changes for the 3rd time in the last 12 months. Small evolution and step-by-step improvements mean they know what they are doing and how they are doing it. With these cars, it's all about the floor (now that all the sidepods are of the same nature) and improving the floor will always yield the most improvement.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Cs98
Cs98

Put it this way, what we've seen is not worth 3-4 tenths, probably not even worth 2 tenths. Yet to see the floor obviously, that will be the key.

yooogurt

Cs98 wrote:
10 May 2024, 15:59
Put it this way, what we've seen is not worth 3-4 tenths, probably not even worth 2 tenths. Yet to see the floor obviously, that will be the key.
How do you expect to see the floor? It's impossible without an accident on track, no?
FORZA FERRARI!

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

This is always so much fun. Reading pretend aero guys online who can measure performance improvements with their naked eye.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Come on guys, is this were we are at, the car has to look completely different for it to have any gains?
Fix the tyre warm up issues and that fixes qualification, fix the in-race tyre shortfall and the car fully uses a tyres peak performance and finally Improve how the car handles certain corner types, just those 3 without the car looking any different at all would add around 3 tenths!

ferkan
ferkan

I dont get it, if the floor is updated as well what did anyone expect? Looks ~ Mclaren size update, which was quite big and impactful. RB brought update to Suzuka which was considerably smaller, I expect some new bits for them at Imola, but smaller then Mclaren had last week or Ferrari is rumored to have.

Timtim99
Timtim99

Sphere3758 wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:15
This is always so much fun. Reading pretend aero guys online who can measure performance improvements with their naked eye.
I am really getting bored of the so called expert here who just waffles to get point on board, someone already know the upgrade is not worth 3-4tenth, how did they knows this things without seeing the data?

deadhead

It’s the media’s fault calling 2.0 evo new car b spec

Timtim99
Timtim99

Cs98 wrote:
If you know this without seeing the data today, you need to be in a formula 1 team.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Timtim99 wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:53
Cs98 wrote:
If you know this without seeing the data today, you need to be in a formula 1 team.
Even other formula 1 teams can’t predict this with any certainty haha .

Teams cannot get a setup consistently right with all the possible data in the world on their OWN car, eyeballing gains on other cars is nonsense

dialtone
dialtone

Sphere3758 wrote:
Timtim99 wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:53
Cs98 wrote:
Even other formula 1 teams can’t predict this with any certainty haha .

Teams cannot get a setup consistency right with all the possible data in the world on their OWN car, eyeballing gains on other cars is nonsense
Mercedes has been trying to fix their car for 3 years.

Meanwhile some forum goers know exactly how much this update is worth from a still picture from far away.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

ferkan wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:48
I dont get it, if the floor is updated as well what did anyone expect?
Well so far the floor looks the same.

And it's seriously wild that we've spent the past couple months all talking about the huge B-spec/2.0 version coming, and now that it doesn't turn out to be the case, most people are suggesting that this was always some unrealistic expectation?

Maybe people have a very different idea of what B-spec means or something?

By no means am I claiming this is a disaster(please stop all the strawmanning already going on) and of course I know nothing of what the performance will be, but surely y'all cant just gaslight everybody into pretending people weren't expecting something at least a bit more visually significant than this, right?

Besides, I never believed Ferrari would catch Red Bull this year no matter what. RB have a big upgrade coming as well, along with it already being their 2nd of the season. I expect the competitive order to remain fairly similar to what it's looked like most of the season so far.

jambuka
jambuka

Did they test floor ? Remember even launch spec car looked conservative but performed good. So it’s okay if the upgrades don’t look fancy. They just need to find good performance.

jrdls
jrdls

Sphere3758 wrote:
10 May 2024, 16:15
I remember someone had a signature that said "CFD eyes of Sauron". I thought that was hilarious and very tongue-in-cheek. I plagiarised the name for my f1 fantasy team.