2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ryar

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

fritticaldi wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 05:42
Here is an example : FIA can penalize Mercedes by not allowing them to score points for the first two races in 2022 as punishment for not attending the prize ceremony.
I don't think there are provisions in rules/contracts for any action like that. Penalties for actions off the race track, would/should be stuff that has no bearing on race results. Unless those actions have benefited race outcomes, which is not in this case. Some hefty monetary fines at best and a slap on the wrist at a minimum.
Hakuna Matata!

ringo

fritticaldi wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 05:42
Here is an example : FIA can penalize Mercedes by not allowing them to score points for the first two races in 2022 as punishment for not attending the prize ceremony. What Wolff and Hamilton did was selfish, arrogant and unsportsmanlike. Mercedes , Wolff and Hamilton need to learn how to lose. They had it good for so many years and must realize that their dominance was going to end at some point. The new FIA president will make his entry and presence felt right away. Unforgiving is the key word. So what if Hamilton quits? Nyck de Vries is more than capable as a substitute.
I think people didnt realize you were saying this is an example and downvoted you. haha

However if this is the case then it is worth leaving as it would be pure politics and no longer sport.
Hamilton should just then drive to an 8th title and then leave, then go start his own racing series.
Or he can go win lemans then indy.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

proteus wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 12:15
Well as it seems by the emerging videos thatToto managed to get himself in the good mood quite quickly after the race.
He had a duty to celebrate with the team after a hard year. The WCC was won after all. Perfectly fine.

I notice Bottas dipped in the pool post race, could be a sign of his self-disappointment. He gave away a bunch of free points and pitstops to Max towards the end of the season. A rather poor year for him this year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

siskue2005

proteus wrote:
Well as it seems by the emerging videos that Toto managed to get himself in the good mood quite quickly after the race.
Could you please post link for that? or a video?

proteus

siskue2005 wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 18:07
proteus wrote:
Well as it seems by the emerging videos that Toto managed to get himself in the good mood quite quickly after the race.

In the comments there are claims Mercedes wanted this video to be pulled (but i will take that with a grain of salt since i dont know if it is true)
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Big Tea

proteus wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 18:40
siskue2005 wrote:
proteus wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_miMvzJlmG8

In the comments there are claims Mercedes wanted this video to be pulled (but i will take that with a grain of salt since i dont know if it is true)
That looks like Kimi's good bye party ( I want an invite)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

proteus

Big Tea wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 18:57
proteus wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

That looks like Kimi's good bye party ( I want an invite)
Who wouldnt 😁
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

wunderkind
wunderkind

I would never allow two full size adults to sit on the tonneau cover of a Mercedes R129 SL. The car in the video is a pre-facelift model at least 25 years old and the said tonneau cover is easily damaged and is listed as ‘NLA’ i.e. no longer available even from the Mercedes classics center. Excessive weight placed on the cover is known to cause damage to it and the micro switch/sensor in the movement mechanism underneath. Just another bad call by Mercedes :))))))))))))))

I’m just kidding! Wish Valtteri well even though his 2021 season is a forgettable one. There were just so many races where he could have, and should have done better. Granted he did not always had the same parts as Lewis, but some of his performance were just woeful and disappointing. He was rarely there to take points away from Red Bull in the crucial phase of the season.

siskue2005

proteus wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
proteus wrote:

Looks like he just drowned his sorrows in alcohol :cry:

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

ringo

I hope next year's car and engine is dominant!!
And the team has less trouble with what will be 18 inch wheels. The lesser rubber should be more predictable to warm up and less sensitive to hard driving.
For Sure!!

west52keep64

proteus wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
proteus wrote:

That video was all over twitter the day after the GP, so I'd hardly call it "emerging".

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

ringo wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 23:35
And the team has less trouble with what will be 18 inch wheels. The lesser rubber should be more predictable to warm up and less sensitive to hard driving.
Can you really enjoy a season were one teams driver from pole to a +30s finish clear of the rest, for almost every race? Come on, that is boring, no matter who that driver will be.

Big Tea

NL_Fer wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 11:37
ringo wrote:
Can you really enjoy a season were one teams driver from pole to a +30s finish clear of the rest, for almost every race? Come on, that is boring, no matter who that driver will be.
I hope there will be internal battles in some teams next year. Russell pushing Hamilton Checo pushing Max and the Ferrari duo and Mclaren duo a 4 way todo. Possibly AT and AM allowed to get involved. Alonso will be there all the time too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ringo

NL_Fer wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 11:37
ringo wrote:
There are 20 cars in the field. I think so.
I dont think F1 knows how to be impartial if there are 2 cars fighting at the front.
Last season was good in terms of suspense, but the stewarding was atrocious. The FIA need to work on that as i think they have really spoiled the competition by meddling with the race to artificially make it close.
They seem to be less partial with the midfield battles, which i find more exciting.
But Mercedes is owed a championship, so i am okay if theyre dominant for 1 last year. Thereafter when the fia get over shumi's records being broken outright i think the racing and stewarding will be better.
Next year is a new regulation. The racing will not be close. Racing only gets close when regulations are stable.
The engines will be closer but the chassis will spread the field.
For Sure!!