2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

Ray wrote:If Grosjean didn't want to be treated so harshly he shouldn't have made a habit of ramming or otherwise making unavoidable contact with other cars so often and early in his career. He's STILL unable to stop making rookie mistakes. Formula 1 is no place to learn how to not hit other people on a consistent basis and he deserves the penalties he's given. The simple solution to not being treated harshly is to give the stewards and the FIA no reason to penalize him. Until that happens there's absolutely zero reason to be upset with the decision levied against him, he's deserved every single one handed to him. Don't hit people or break the rules, you can't be punished.
Firstly name those incident from this season, "on consistent basis".

Secondly:
If we're counting all incidents, fine, rookie type too, some of them from 12 and off the top of my head: Rosberg broke Massa's wing, drove into RG, crashed with Marussia(?), Alonso drove into Vettel and created danger by driving with damaged car, Raikkonen drove into Perez 2 times and has qualy penalty for blocking, Massa spun, Webber drove into Massa/Maldonado/Rosberg, Button banged wheels with Perez, Hamilton pushed Webber off the track, Perez pushed Button, Di Resta/Alonso had dangerous pit release, Di Resta collided with Sutil, Hulkenberg sped in the pitlane (well, this was penalised) and Raikkonen went off the track on several occasions.

No penalties but clearly dangerous, poor standards driving, let's include these next time they get involved in ANY accident and use it against them. That's not how it works, no one's counting, even dishonest stewards cannot pretend that when applying penalties. They don't need to, they can do whatever they want anyway. Webber causes clearly two collisions in Abu Dhabi, nothing, Perez-Raikkonen drive into each other, nothing, Grosjean-Button bang wheels, one cuts the corner - causing a collision, perfect. No, it was a racing incident. As for comparing Massa overtake to Vettel Germany last season, it's silly, there's no comparison at all, but fine, rules are rules let's wait for another one and no gain interpretation.

Funny: Hamilton pushes Webber off the track, local commentator: "he's given him some space but just not enough". Yeah like zero space, off the track or crash. :lol:

theformula

@ iotar__ . Hamilton was taking the normal racing line and the best person to judge as to how harsh it was is Mark Webber himself. And he didn't seem to have any problem with it as we didn't hear any complaints on the team radio or after the race. There was nothing wrong with the overtake.
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

SectorOne

It´s all about claiming corners. Hamilton claimed that one because he was on the inside and Webber not being ahead while at the same time side by side.
If Webber was ahead by half a car length he´s the one dictating the arch of the corner and Hamilton is the one who has to follow john and ultimately lose out because the wider arch (outside lane) enables a higher entry-apex-exit speed.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Mika1
Mika1

Mark Webber vs Hamilton: https://vimeo.com/71332548
The boss follows me on twitter.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Actually it's more because you have to leave space on corner entry but not on corner exit. Webber had plenty of room at the apex, he lost the corner and so had to fall in behind hamilton.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

iotar__ wrote: Funny: Hamilton pushes Webber off the track, local commentator: "he's given him some space but just not enough". Yeah like zero space, off the track or crash. :lol:
If you watch the pass from on-board with Webber, you'll see that Hamilton was fully in front of Webber by at least half a car's length before he moves across towards the outside of the track. Webber went on to the dirty stuff all by himself.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Mika1
Mika1

Nothing wrong with Lewis Hamilton's overtakes, it's racing guys.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

beelsebob
beelsebob

Interesting, what I gain from that is that Raikonnen lost the race by being stuck behind Massa.

Hamilton really did win this race because he managed the key overtakes, and his competitors didn't.

SectorOne

beelsebob wrote:Hamilton really did win this race because he managed the key overtakes, and his competitors didn't.
Honestly the way the Merc looked i think he could have held everyone back regardless of problems.
Like last year, last corner was the only thing that mattered. Solid exit = no chance of overtake.
You can effectively save tires in S2 without any problems.

I think that to solidify Mercedes as a top top contender you need to watch the upcoming races.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Mika1 wrote:Mark Webber vs Hamilton: https://vimeo.com/71332548
Dude great video! those overtakes on Mark are more impressive than i rememberd :shock:

That was suuuuperclean,new tyres or not he came from faaaarr faaaar away (Shrek voice) on that first one.
He was in beastmode Sunday. Electric. =D>
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

gray41

So Lewis will keep this might pretty trophy? :mrgreen:
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

beelsebob
beelsebob

SectorOne wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Hamilton really did win this race because he managed the key overtakes, and his competitors didn't.
Honestly the way the Merc looked i think he could have held everyone back regardless of problems.
The point I was making was that had Kimi not been held up behind Massa, he would have been ahead of Hamilton on the track after Hamilton's second stop.

Mika1
Mika1

Emerson.F wrote:
Mika1 wrote:Mark Webber vs Hamilton: https://vimeo.com/71332548
Dude great video! those overtakes on Mark are more impressive than i rememberd :shock:

That was suuuuperclean,new tyres or not he came from faaaarr faaaar away (Shrek voice) on that first one.
He was in beastmode Sunday. Electric. =D>
Thanks mate, it was a great race, so I decided to make a video :mrgreen: .

beelsebob
beelsebob

I'd forgotten how similar the moves were – you would have thought webber would have learnt to defend the outside around 2.