2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Re: 2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

Looks dry for the race. Small chance of some precipitation towards end of race but that’s clutching at straws

Pyrone89

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 12:00
Looks dry for the race. Small chance of some precipitation towards end of race but that’s clutching at straws
Yeah I am now seeing around 1,5 to 2 mm of rain during latter part of race. But dont know how much that is with regards to F1. Is that like FP2: still able to use slicks?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

With these type of track temps it’s hard to predict. My guess it would be potentially inters. Depends how quickly that falls in an hour

mkay
mkay

It’s not going to rain. Only wildcard is high track temps (mid/high 50s like in qualifying).

Schuttelberg

Internet forums and social media are getting tiresome as hell. May be, it's my age.

Lewis and Max have had on balance pretty much equal cars and chances on the face of it. It is impossible for the highest ranking engineer of both teams to even ascertain if their rivals are faster/slower because of so many human elements involved in a sport dictated by tiny margins and details.

At this present time, Max is deservedly ahead because he has made lesser race ending errors compared to Lewis but we have only done 7 races. There's a whole heap of throttle peddling and brake pushing to do before we judge either of them. A bloke has won 7 championships against a very talented grid. You just don't fluke into that sort of stuff. Instead of enjoying the best championship since 2012, there is continuous tirades of which car is better and what not when it's so close that nobody can really fairly judge what is going on.

May be, let's just enjoy this fight?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Sevach
Sevach

I thought Perez would have 2 sets of (fresh)mediums, i don't think he's going to stop twice anymore...

Big Tea

Schuttelberg wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 12:50
Internet forums and social media are getting tiresome as hell. May be, it's my age.

Lewis and Max have had on balance pretty much equal cars and chances on the face of it. It is impossible for the highest ranking engineer of both teams to even ascertain if their rivals are faster/slower because of so many human elements involved in a sport dictated by tiny margins and details.

At this present time, Max is deservedly ahead because he has made lesser race ending errors compared to Lewis but we have only done 7 races. There's a whole heap of throttle peddling and brake pushing to do before we judge either of them. A bloke has won 7 championships against a very talented grid. You just don't fluke into that sort of stuff. Instead of enjoying the best championship since 2012, there is continuous tirades of which car is better and what not when it's so close that nobody can really fairly judge what is going on.

You are turning into an old grouch.

I have been one for several years now :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

Schuttelberg wrote:
Imo, it's not your age, it's the attitude and arrogance of some members of the younger generations. They feel safe hiding in the anonymity the internet provides so they feel they can say whatever they want.
197 104 103 7

siskue2005

dans79 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 13:00
Schuttelberg wrote:
It's not your age, it's the attitude and arrogance of some members of the younger generations. They feel safe hiding in the anonymity the internet provides so they feel they can say whatever they want.
Its also the internel social media culture which has turned in to this mess; The driver of the day voting is perfect example of it.
i joined in this forum 14 years ago; the mods then were very strict about trolling and flaime baiting, now its just free for all... i know many many members here who have left this forum for good... soon many will follow suit when this forum turns completely like planet f1 or autopsort forums

djones
djones

It is very (very!) cheap and easy these days to set up a forum.

If anybody is so upset/angry about taking part in a public forum, go and start your own and run it how you want?

That's a serious post by the way. People that just moan with no action or motivation to do a better job themselves get no sympathy.

mkay
mkay

Schuttelberg wrote:

Not sure what season you’ve been watching, but it has become abundantly clear over the past month that RB just has a marginally better car/package in every area over Merc, bar perhaps tyre preservation (and even then the gap has narrowed tremendously since).

That’s not to take away from Max, but this is the new reality.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mkay wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 13:24
Schuttelberg wrote:

Not sure what season you’ve been watching, but it has become abundantly clear over the past month that RB just has a marginally better car/package in every area over Merc, bar perhaps tyre preservation (and even then the gap has narrowed tremendously since).

That’s not clear. Still just your opinion. Not saying it’s right or wrong. But your reasoning is still totally subjective

Mansell89
Mansell89

Really hope we see a super aggressive Bottas today- he qualified well and is pretty strong at this track.

He and Perez could be crucial in how this plays out today.

djones
djones

Mansell89 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 13:30
Really hope we see a super aggressive Bottas today- he qualified well and is pretty strong at this track.

He and Perez could be crucial in how this plays out today.
Bottas will be aggressive for about 10 laps then fizzle out like 95% of his races.

Perez I can see being a factor later in the race in terms of taking 2nd place away from Hamilton.

Unless Hamilton gets past on the first lap, I can see Max walking away in this race, especially if it's getting hotter (I read somewhere it was quite hot now).

mkay
mkay

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 13:28
mkay wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 13:24
Schuttelberg wrote:

That’s not clear. Still just your opinion. Not saying it’s right or wrong. But your reasoning is still totally subjective
Feel free to believe whatever you want. My “opinion” is based on both teams’ form across a wide variety of tracks (Monaco, Baku, France an Austria). Credit is due to RB; they’ve done very well to adapt to the new regs and have actually developed their car very well during the season too, unlike Merc.