Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Thinking about Michael's career, in the first one he not always had the best car, but they were more or less competitive. He never sat in and never knew what it is to drive a Minardi. Now he knows if we are looking for some positive side of the second career.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

FoxHound

Dragonfly wrote:Thinking about Michael's career, in the first one he not always had the best car, but they were more or less competitive. He never sat in and never knew what it is to drive a Minardi. Now he knows if we are looking for some positive side of the second career.

So Mercedes are Minardi now? :lol:
JET set

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Not yet thanks to the presence of HRT, Marussia and Caterham. But the latter are already on par with them speedwise.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

FoxHound

Dragonfly wrote:Not yet thanks to the presence of HRT, Marussia and Caterham. But the latter are already on par with them speedwise.
Oh right, So you are only taking into account the last 4/5 races when judging the last 3 years?
JET set

McMrocks
McMrocks

Dragonfly wrote:Not yet thanks to the presence of HRT, Marussia and Caterham. But the latter are already on par with them speedwise.
I can't remember that Minardi was winning race like Mercedes did this year

Vasconia

Dragonfly wrote:Thinking about Michael's career, in the first one he not always had the best car, but they were more or less competitive. He never sat in and never knew what it is to drive a Minardi. Now he knows if we are looking for some positive side of the second career.
Not in terms of speed but with his first Ferrari he suffered several mechanical failures.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

FoxHound wrote:Daimler may not directly give them cash, but....from what I have heard the last 4 months Coca Cola is looking to plunge 30million + into a team that will run their Relentless energy drink to compete with that of Red Bull.
I'm not saying Mercedes have Relentless lined up, but with the Lewis Hamilton signed up and his huge profile and time spent in the states, Mercedes are a good candidate for them.

McLaren are due to lose Vodafone apparently, but Carlos Slim would want some of that action with his boy riding shot gun in a macca.

Ferrari is keeping Santander and Shell.

Lotus, a possibility.

Sauber, not really likely they can maintain this years form into next. And they are still behind Mercedes.

So maybe this is a possibility, but no one really knows....and they are probably still negotiating with a couple of teams etc which is why we havent heard anything yet. But, the rumours have been circulating for some time so let's see what happens here too.
Lotus it is, good choice Coca Cola.

I guess after Michael left, all his personal sponsors and all who joined Mercedes because of him will leave (Monster?), Aabar is only the beginning.

clipsy1H

Monster will stay for sure because they need to have contact with F1 so others team already signed with others so in this war with red bull they can't afford to lose a scene like F1.
But they find another door to other team (more competitive) for sure will leave Merc. And about Coca-Cola ... you're right
FoxHound wrote:
Oh right, So you are only taking into account the last 4/5 races when judging the last 3 years?
where was Mercedes in last 3 years? 2012 is the best season for them and they failed very very hard! it's a shame what happen with team this year and also huge shame for company like Daimler.
But maybe next year Brawn will bring something :o and with a guy who bring 0.5 just because he is in the car :wtf: Mercedes can win few more races or maybe Championship?
Lewis is a super-fast driver and i hope he will not end his career with just 1 title.

FoxHound

Ganxxta wrote:it is, good choice Coca Cola.

I guess after Michael left, all his personal sponsors and all who joined Mercedes because of him will leave (Monster?), Aabar is only the beginning.
Aabar was only ever short term.

And Mercedes have good sponsors anyhow, I got a response from Joe Saward mentioning that they wanted to be a title sponsor, not secondary and that Mercedes where never in the picture, nor where McLaren, Ferrari or Red bull of course.
Mercedes already have a peachy title sponsor in Petronas that is around 25 million a year.
JET set

FoxHound

clipsy1H wrote: where was Mercedes in last 3 years? .
Higher than the ridiculous Minardi comparison. I never saw Minardi finish 4th 4th then 5th in the Constructors cup!

But bravo to the person making the comparison =D> Quite the attempt at getting debate rolling towards the toilet again.
JET set

Imido_30
Imido_30

clipsy1H wrote:Monster will stay for sure because they need to have contact with F1 so others team already signed with others so in this war with red bull they can't afford to lose a scene like F1.
But they find another door to other team (more competitive) for sure will leave Merc. And about Coca-Cola ... you're right
FoxHound wrote:
where was Mercedes in last 3 years? 2012 is the best season for them and they failed very very hard! it's a shame what happen with team this year and also huge shame for company like Daimler.
But maybe next year Brawn will bring something :o and with a guy who bring 0.5 just because he is in the car :wtf: Mercedes can win few more races or maybe Championship?
Lewis is a super-fast driver and i hope he will not end his career with just 1 title.
My friend I don't think Hamilton is faster than Rosberg and surely Schumacher. You're over-exaggerating. 0.5s in F1 is some distance. A slow car will always be a slow car and with the Perillis you can't do an extra effort (as schumacher used to do in his early days with Ferrari) to compensate. I hope the idea is clear enough.

Nando
Nando

Imido_30 wrote:My friend I don't think Hamilton is faster than Rosberg and surely Schumacher.
I´ll just quote this for the future. It will come in handy.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

clipsy1H

Imido_30 wrote: My friend I don't think Hamilton is faster than Rosberg and surely Schumacher. You're over-exaggerating. 0.5s in F1 is some distance. A slow car will always be a slow car and with the Perillis you can't do an extra effort (as schumacher used to do in his early days with Ferrari) to compensate. I hope the idea is clear enough.
](*,) ok ... i'll stop to be ironic.....

@foxHound
Minardi=Mercedes!! if you compare budgets you'll see that there's no difference. Sure a team who invest 200 millions can be in top 5 few times but for Mercedes Brand it's a SHAME!!! even if we compare Caterham and Marussia progress over this year ... both team advanced more than Mercedes.

@Nando.
Maybe Lewis will be a bit faster but a slow car is a slow car... depends what happen with team this winter!! like i said before maybe Brawn will bring something :roll:

Nando
Nando

clipsy1H wrote:@Nando.
Maybe Lewis will be a bit faster but a slow car is a slow car... depends what happen with team this winter!! like i said before maybe Brawn will bring something :roll:
Speed of the car is irrelevant as we are comparing team mates, not the car vs another car.

Lewis is undoubtedly the naturally faster driver.
He´s already had Rosberg as teammate before so Rosberg knows full well what Hamilton brings to the table.

I´m actually a bit shocked people use words as "maybe" or "i don´t think he´s faster then Rosberg or Schumi"
Seems people don´t really know that much about Hamilton and his career and why he jumped straight into a Mclaren in the first place.

but i guess most people have 2011 fresh in their memory, which is laughable.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Imido_30
Imido_30

Nando wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:@Nando.
Speed of the car is irrelevant as we are comparing team mates, not the car vs another car.

Lewis is undoubtedly the naturally faster driver.
He´s already had Rosberg as teammate before so Rosberg knows full well what Hamilton brings to the table.

I´m actually a bit shocked people use words as "maybe" or "i don´t think he´s faster then Rosberg or Schumi"
Seems people don´t really know that much about Hamilton and his career and why he jumped straight into a Mclaren in the first place.

but i guess most people have 2011 fresh in their memory, which is laughable.
I think you should also have in memory the Chinese GP 2012. Where was Hamilton?