Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

Maelstrom wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:This year's been 2009-esque bonkers so far. I'll reserve judgment until after FP2 at the very least, though I suspect the pecking order in race as well as qualifying will be similar to Australia
But both Mercs weren't even in the points in Australia. :lol:
Your point? ;)

Teams should be already there or arriving today. Gear, maybe tomorrow.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

raymondu999 wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:This year's been 2009-esque bonkers so far. I'll reserve judgment until after FP2 at the very least, though I suspect the pecking order in race as well as qualifying will be similar to Australia
But both Mercs weren't even in the points in Australia. :lol:
Your point? ;)

Teams should be already there or arriving today. Gear, maybe tomorrow.
Oh come on.. Merc will do better this time. :)

SiLo

I'm hoping for a Mclaren win, don't mind who :) I think they are due to get their strategy right this time though, fourth time lucky?

Merc pole is a possibility, I think qualifying will be tight, cant wait!
Felipe Baby!

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

I have a feeling it will be Hamilton on pole again.

montes
montes

The most intriguing finish order I believe would be this:

1. Kimi Räikkönen
2. Sergio Perez
3. Nico Rosberg
4. Sebastian Vettel
5. Mark Webber
6. Fernando Alonso
7. Kamui Kobayashi
8. Bruno Senna
9. Jenson Button
10. Lewis Hamilton

The reason why would be intriguing is that then, the driver standings (top 10) will be:

1. Lewis Hamilton 46
2. Mark Webber 46
3. Jenson Button 45
4. Fernando Alonso 45
5. Kimi Räikkönen 41
6. Nico Rosberg 40
7. Sergio Perez 40
8. Sebastian Vettel 40
9. Bruno Senna 18
10. Kamui Kobayashi 15

and constructors (top 6):

1. McLaren / Mercedes 91
2. Red Bull / Renault 86
3. Sauber / Ferrari 55
4. Lotus / Renault 49
5. Ferrari 45
6. Mercedes 41

Eight drivers within 6 points of each other after the first four races and before the first in-season test and the "European" season, would set things "on fire" wouldn't it?
Same as Sauber classified third, and the top 2 constructors within a hair of each other and the next best 4 within a breath.

volarchico
volarchico

If you get all 10 right, I'll give you a dollar!

NathanOlder

I will double that, 2 bucks!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Maelstrom wrote:I have a feeling it will be Hamilton on pole again.
Going by the 2010 and 2009 Q3 results..

Top qualifiers for this track are:

Hamilton
Rosberg
Alonso
Vettel
Massa

Of course Massa and Alonso are out of the equation for this year. so it is going to be amongst HAM, VET, ROS.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Ral
Ral

ESPImperium wrote:One other factor that this track will have that some others dont is that KERS will be worth roughly 6 tenths here due to the 4 straights and the ammount of KERS harvest avalable with arround 4 big stops and 3 other stops that arent as large but as good for harvest.
How does the number of KERS energy harvesting points affect the return in time? I was under the impression there are very few tracks, only Monaco comes to mind, where they have trouble collecting the full allowable amount each lap.

That's a genuine question, I'm fully open to being corrected on that assumption :)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Ral wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:One other factor that this track will have that some others dont is that KERS will be worth roughly 6 tenths here due to the 4 straights and the ammount of KERS harvest avalable with arround 4 big stops and 3 other stops that arent as large but as good for harvest.
How does the number of KERS energy harvesting points affect the return in time? I was under the impression there are very few tracks, only Monaco comes to mind, where they have trouble collecting the full allowable amount each lap.

That's a genuine question, I'm fully open to being corrected on that assumption :)
Most tracks they get arround the alloted ammount, however there are tracks that have more and some that have less. Monaco, Singapore and Monza have the least KERS avalable; Monaco is due to speed tot being high enough, Singapore due to the quality of corners as they are all low to mid speed, Monza is due to the fact the harvest events are almost too far appart for where they want to use the KERS.

Bahrain has the spread of harvest spread perfectly, Turn 1, 4, 11 & 14 all mean that a good KERS charge is avalable for the driver. 8, 10 & 13 all are points for a good top up ready for when it is needed.

Each driver still has 6.67s a lap, however they wont need to worry about running out sometimes. Alonso has the green LEDs on his wheel tell him when he has used all 6.67s of KERS, however sometimes he may only have 40% that avalable as he hasnt got a full battery.

We saw in China, Kimi used all his KERS on the back straight to defend against the DRS guys. He was also making sure he had a full charge for this as well, as if he had 20% less KERS that would mean 1.3 seconds less KERS, whitch could be the 2 or 3 tenths that lure him into the DRS guys overtaking zone. In the end it was the Pirellis that gave up first. Whitch will be much more under pressure and a key factor in this race.

clipsy1H

qualifying prediction.

1.Hamilton
2.Button
3.Rosberg
4.Schumacher
5.Kimi

Race prediction.
1.Button
2.Hamilton
3.Rosberg
4.Vettel
5.Webber

*note (if Michael finish this race without problems he can be in top 4 but i'm not sure! probably a STR or Sauber hit him)

donskar
donskar

clipsy1H wrote:qualifying prediction.

1.Hamilton
2.Button
3.Rosberg
4.Schumacher
5.Kimi

Race prediction.
1.Button
2.Hamilton
3.Rosberg
4.Vettel
5.Webber

*note (if Michael finish this race without problems he can be in top 4 but i'm not sure! probably a STR or Sauber hit him)
Close.
1-Button
2-Hamilton
3-Webber
4-Perez
5-Alonso
Vettel DNF
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

godlameroso

Does anyone remember that Grosjean was a Pirelli tester and drove the Pirelli tires in this very track, I think Lotus has an advantage going into this weekend, especially with the car setup. Here's hoping it's their turn for a win, I'd like for Raikkonen to win one, but that's what Spa is for.
Saishū kōnā

Websta

n smikle wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:I have a feeling it will be Hamilton on pole again.
Going by the 2010 and 2009 Q3 results..

Top qualifiers for this track are:

Hamilton
Rosberg
Alonso
Vettel
Massa

Of course Massa and Alonso are out of the equation for this year. so it is going to be amongst HAM, VET, ROS.
Aside from Massa, those are the top qualifiers at every track

ferndal
ferndal

I figure that the Mclaren boys must be very nervous at the moment – because : if Mercedes have solved their tire issue – they will be a serious thread for the championship! And Bahrain will answer this.

The Mclaren team must be thinking:
RBR – “no threat”
Lotus – “no threat”
Ferrari – “hell no”
Mercedes – “no....? hmmm yes? Mmm don’t know”

Anyway – My feeling is that Merc operate in too narrow operating window to get it right all the time to be a serious threat. And it is too soon for them to know what the car would do under different conditions.
So Prediction:
My heart says : Mclaren 1 - 2 with Rosberg 3rd.
My Brain says : Mercedes 1-2 with Hamilton 3rd again!. (If they, Merc got it right)
Last edited by Richard on 19 Apr 2012, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off topic comments