Making a Wind Tunnel.

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
KeithYoung

Re: Making a Wind Tunnel.

Let me know if you'd like any help. Obviously it will be impossible to do things like matching Reynolds Numbers etc, but there is still a lot you can do with that little fella.

Any updates?

luminado
luminado

that is good. Nice working. I remember my wind tunnel with my fellows and it was not easy either. But what i like the most that effort we made. We mostly used the RC magazines and also asked to our seniors for help. It was tough but still good memories.

MadMatt
MadMatt

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if you ever managed to play with models and get results? I am seriously thinking about making my own wind tunnel with parts made from CAD and built using a 3D printing machine so it would be replicated, but the main issue at the moment is flow strengthening, as I have to find a process that will take as little man hours as possible.

P.S.

MadMatt wrote:...I am seriously thinking about making my own wind tunnel...

Can you explain what you exactly mean with flow strengthening? I´m building my own wind tunnel too. Inspiration has been the videos from Yoshi Suzuka that I saw in this thread the first time.