Honda returns to F1 in 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
enkidu
enkidu

Re: More Honda Rumor Fuel

Remember Honda love Jenson!

wunderkind
wunderkind

enkidu wrote:Remember Honda love Jenson!
But the stock market does not love Honda!

OppositeLock
OppositeLock

:| Honda has been out of the game for too long. Their last engine was nothing special. Honda's return to F1 matched up pretty evenly with Renault's in 2001. Honda lost the battle in every aspect. I wonder if Honda will continue their tradition of bringing in new engineers every season to give them the F1 experience. :|

Clew

Well, maybe they'll do better as an engine supplier than as a team. I wouldn't mind seeing BMW as an engine supplier too. The more the merrier :lol:
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

Nando
Nando

yea we need BMW back, they have a history of producing absolute monsters :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

turbof1

Nando wrote:yea we need BMW back, they have a history of producing absolute monsters :)
Back in the day they were insane. They pulled 1300hp out of a v6 turbo (qualy spec). Imagin how much they would be able to get now with the same regulations as back then.
#AeroFrodo

Nando
Nando

True, they also built some rather astonishing V10´s as well,

I think the engine would fith very well with their new engine philosophy in the real world seeing as pretty much every engine they make now is turbo charged.

lotus7
lotus7

turbof1 wrote:
Nando wrote:yea we need BMW back, they have a history of producing absolute monsters :)
Back in the day they were insane. They pulled 1300hp out of a v6 turbo (qualy spec). Imagin how much they would be able to get now with the same regulations as back then.
That was an inline 4 cyl, cast iron block , lots of urban legends about that one

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:

Was'nt it 1500hp in quali trim. But the regulations are not even near the same as back then. Too bad.

Raptor22
Raptor22

1500bhp in quali set up on quali fuel. BAscially a qualifying engine. this the was BMW 4 cyclinder.
the Porsche was etting around 1450bhp in quali trim.
Race trim they were more conservative around 900bhp

Nando
Nando

did they not hang up the engine blocks for a year to let them rust etc?
Can´t remember what engine part it was but think i heard one of those urban legends.
And that they had been doing some milage in regular cars as well.

lotus7
lotus7

Nando wrote:did they not hang up the engine blocks for a year to let them rust etc?
Can´t remember what engine part it was but think i heard one of those urban legends.
And that they had been doing some milage in regular cars as well.
The one legend goes that they put the blocks outside in the rain to rust and encouraged the staff to pee on them to accelerate the rust .

turbof1

Raptor22 wrote:1500bhp in quali set up on quali fuel. BAscially a qualifying engine. this the was BMW 4 cyclinder.
the Porsche was etting around 1450bhp in quali trim.
Race trim they were more conservative around 900bhp
Yes, it was a 4 cilindre. Incredible. Forget current V6 turbo's; I think a V4 with 1500bhp makes quite a nice sound now does it?
#AeroFrodo

Nando
Nando

lotus7 wrote:The one legend goes that they put the blocks outside in the rain to rust and encouraged the staff to pee on them to accelerate the rust .
I actually laughed out loud reading the last bit :) I wasn´t expecting that lol.
thanks,

dren

Honda!