MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
gray41

Re: MotoGP 2013

It will be interesting to see how much it could improve Yamaha, it could be to the point they cannot be beaten.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

allstaruk08 wrote:so the Honda has a average advantage of 0.029 each gear change. so if there is about 40 gear changes per lap that 1.16 seconds advantage the Honda has over the Yamaha. its going to be fun once the Yamahas get the seamless box lol
They aren't standing still for that length of time, clearly the yamahas are not 1.6secs off the Honda times. Even with that advantage that a seamless gear shift causes, isn't it the yamaha that does best at circuits with lots of flowing turns?

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:4 bike teams for 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108975
Will any of the times dare field more than 2 riders though.

I would love to see Cal move to either Honda or Yamaha, and maybe a stoner return.

Goodness me that would be awesome.

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

allstaruk08 wrote:so the Honda has a average advantage of 0.029 each gear change. so if there is about 40 gear changes per lap that 1.16 seconds advantage the Honda has over the Yamaha. its going to be fun once the Yamahas get the seamless box lol
Quote from the first paragraph.
The system used by Honda on the RC213V allows the riders to shift gear while the bike is still leaned over, without upsetting the machine. It is an important factor in the Honda's better drive out of corners, as Dani Pedrosa, Marc Marquez, Stefan Bradl and Alvaro Bautista can shift gear earlier and make optimum use of the rev range to accelerate harder.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Crutchlow to Ducati?

I can't help but feel that is a big mistake.

SectorOne

His career depends on if Ducati will build something that is possible to work with.
Like Stoner. If it´s the same one like this year he will be forgotten pretty quickly.

I actually thought he was the given successor to Rossi when he finally put the gloves on the shelf.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gray41

Ducati won't get anywhere unless they get the tyres they want, good for a few laps then about as much use as a glass eye.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

According to parish, Yamaha tech 3 were talking to espargaro, and that pissed cal off.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23546501

Maybe it's because I'm a Brit, but I think cal is one of the fastest riders out there, I see no reason why his tech3 Yamaha should be anywhere near the front, and out qualifying the factory teams. The only reason why that bike is near the sharp end is because of the driver. He gets the hand downs from the factory teams, his bike is clearly not on their level.

I hope Ducati get their act together, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. I was hopeful that Honda and Yamaha would have added a third driver to their line up in 2014. Not to be apparently.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

http://vimeo.com/71945179

Stoner back on the Honda.... anyone else starting to think he might actually be coming back?

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Brilliant race again.

Too bad we don't have a big following on these forums.

MadMatt
MadMatt

Agree, the race was really good, although in MotoGP it looked like as if the Hondas were just following nicely Lorenzo before pulling away in the closing stage of the race easily. But the battle was really intense! :D

Shrieker

That was another great race. M&M is fantastic to watch and I hope he doesn't blow it like Lewis did in 2007. No rookie has ever won 5 premier class races before.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Marquez style is fantastic to watch, I love watching him come into the corner with the back wheel trying to slip out. He seems to be a perfect for that Honda. The Yahama seems like an inferior bike this year, I think Lorenzo is perhaps the best overall rider, he seems to be comfortably ahead of all his team mates, but I don't think he has the bike beneath him to beat the Hondas. Rossi, still trialling the front runners, which is irritating... I wonder if has lost that hunger.

SectorOne

Yea it looks like he´s breaking physics on corner entry. I had no idea you could even do that sort of thing without crashing :)
Yea the Honda is clearly superior and unless Yamaha pulls something out of their hat it will be a Cinderella story for Marquez.

Rossi is a tricky one.. he´s probably got the best racecraft out of anyone, ever. it´s just ridiculous how he finds openings sometimes.
But his raw pace is gone, they say it´s because he can´t get heat into the tires but it just seems like he´s too slow over a lap these days.

Given the right circumstances he can win but that´s about it. Personally i would have liked to see Cal, he´s been on form lately.