2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

Another ez weekend for merc. gl hf till next year.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Henne wrote:
skoop wrote:i guess the whole "might lewis lose his title" Thing is just an eye catcher to get klicks. nobody reads storys about a Routine engine check. i'm 100% sure there's nothing more to it.
I think you nailed it with that.

If they would find it illegal and would take his Championship away, that would hurt the sport even more. They can't risk losing even more fans over this.
I can see the headline now: Mercedes and Ferrari excluded from the 2015 results. Bottas wins his first title.

:lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

turbof1

Just_a_fan wrote:
Henne wrote:
skoop wrote:i guess the whole "might lewis lose his title" Thing is just an eye catcher to get klicks. nobody reads storys about a Routine engine check. i'm 100% sure there's nothing more to it.

If they would find it illegal and would take his Championship away, that would hurt the sport even more. They can't risk losing even more fans over this.
I can see the headline now: Mercedes and Ferrari excluded from the 2015 results. Bottas wins his first title.

That would be awesome. And very terrible at the same time. Imagine Bottas oversleeping, waking up due all the loud noises just outside his mobilhome, opening the door in this underpants and getting questions like "Bottas, how does it feel?", while not aware of what happened.

We would also instantly know why Pat Symonds dropped his case against the FIA :lol: . "Hey Todt, you know what? We'll drop our case. Just DSQ both Ferrari and Mercedes for this year and we'll call it even."
#AeroFrodo

iotar__

Juzh wrote:Another ez weekend for merc. gl hf till next year.
What did you expect? I thought that Ferrari had a chance in Mexico but not here. Same applies to 2016 unless McLaren miracle happens. Ferrari might have reserves (nose?) but they'd have to design +0,3 quicker car to be competitive, RB - same, Merc have better drivers.

It's a good time to judge new starting procedures invented by Ecclestone, as expected it changed nothing. Racing didn't become more exciting and driver dependent #-o. Similar "pure racing" gimmick and marketing sound bite - ban of radio communication - changed nothing. KERS ban? Helped to kill Lotus and probably bothered Merc and benefited others (Ferrari?) but overall impact - close to zero.

Sevach
Sevach

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosbe ... ings-hard/

Rosberg suppousedly with less power this weekend.

Does anyone have the speed traps?

Phil

Just_a_fan wrote:
Henne wrote:

Actually, assuming the engines might be all the same, the title would go to... yes, you guessed it, a RedBull with a Renault engine (Kvyat). Or maybe Dan. He's only 10 points behind. NOW THAT WOULD BE A STORY. :lol:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GoranF1
GoranF1

If i were Ferrari and Redbull i would be very worried about 2016 Mclaren. They keep reducing the gap and they have a part of PU that is almost non functional.
They seem to have made another big step whit their chassis here in AD
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Jordan44

GoranF1 wrote:If i were Ferrari and Redbull i would be very worried about 2016 Mclaren. They keep reducing the gap and they have a part of PU that is almost non functional.
They seem to have made another big step whit their chassis here in AD
There is literally nothing I can see for them to be worried about with the position McLaren are in. There is no way they're gonna close the gap to Ferrari in one season. You're being far too optimistic.

henra
henra

GoranF1 wrote:If i were Ferrari and Redbull i would be very worried about 2016 Mclaren.
Are you sure you have been watching the same races as everyone else? :mrgreen:

If I were McLaren I would be very worried that even with a radical aero concept and umpteen changes to the engine I can only dream of scoring points when multiple mid-fielders run into serious trouble.

It's the last one to two seconds that are the really difficult ones. Just ask RBR and Ferrari. Or Merc pre 2013 for that matter.

GoranF1
GoranF1

I disagree 100%
I do not belive in the theory big gains can not be made over single winter,i think it can and it will be done if Honda does its homework,chassis is good and driver is like no other team has.

Joseki
Joseki

I think Honda now it's so bad that they will gain at least 1 full second just from the PU, but they can probably gain more, so big gain in one winter are possible (just look at Ferrari). I don't believe they'll struggle like this year given how much money and people they are throwing at the PU.

I've read in a recent article posted somewhere in this forum that every 8 hp more you gain 0,14 seconds, so they need to gain "just" 60 hp.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"Quantum leaps" are not possible is a myth i read 100 times on this forum and yet pure facts from F1 past are proving it is nothing else but bullshit.
Maybe before when Ferrari,Merc and co. had to find 0.7ish just in chassis and aero to catch RB but now it is very much possible.
Ferrari did it this year and both Renault and Honda will do.it next year....engines will be very similar in power by the end of 2016
Last edited by GoranF1 on 27 Nov 2015, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

GoranF1 wrote:"Quantum leaps" are not possible is a myth i read 100 times on this forum and yet pure facts from F1 past are proving it is nothing else but bullshit.
Maybe before when Ferrari,Merc and co. had to find 0.7ish just in chassis and aero but now it is very much possible.
Ferrari did it this year and both Renault and Honda will do.it next year....engines will be very similar in power by the end of 2016
lol. :lol: Keep dreaming dreamer.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Juzh wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:"Quantum leaps" are not possible is a myth i read 100 times on this forum and yet pure facts from F1 past are proving it is nothing else but bullshit.
Maybe before when Ferrari,Merc and co. had to find 0.7ish just in chassis and aero but now it is very much possible.
lol. :lol: Keep dreaming dreamer.
Ok Brawn GP

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Brawn came out of equalised engines and a major rule change. That always shakes up the pecking order.

Other than years with major rule changes, when have we seen a team find a second or more?