Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:08
dans79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:55
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:49
What’s the problem with ‘power’ at the top since DM passed?
internal struggle for power and control!
What about competence for the job? Does that count anywhere?
power struggles are rarely about competency!
197 104 103 7

Farnborough
Farnborough

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:44
Wouter wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:36
AMG.Tzan wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:13
As much as I would love to believe these stories and want Horner to get fired…if any of these “photos” accusations were real he would have already resigned by now…

So probably just rumors and negative comments…
These false accusations are from The Bild, the biggest gossip newspaper/site in Germany, worse than the Daily Mail!!
We don't know wich is false
It doesn't make sense for redbull to investigate something like this if it wasn't big, and marko refusing to defend or say Horner is innocent says alot
A proper investigation should establish the facts in believable conclusion, without which no parties can logically move on.

An independent analysis is of value.

Different situation (opposite scenario) having a full and independent representation of say a murderer, to most thorough examination will ultimately reinforce any sentence handed out and make it secure. There's no suggestion of anything so strong here, just that you can have confidence in the outcome by proper investigation, and see how that process will support ongoing decisions.

Symptomatic of the rise in interest of F1 and it's "popularity " is that anything like this is blown sky high by the general press that has no real interest in our sport, except for sensationalism to boost their own income.

That's the same for the Wolfs and any other personel that find themselves in the cross hairs of tabloid press attention. They really couldn't care less what happens to these people after false accusations are dispelled, as many are.

Don't think anyone can judge it clearly until statement of facts is fully established.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Farnborough wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:13
Venturiation wrote:
Wouter wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:36

These false accusations are from The Bild, the biggest gossip newspaper/site in Germany, worse than the Daily Mail!!
It doesn't make sense for redbull to investigate something like this if it wasn't big, and marko refusing to defend or say Horner is innocent says alot
A proper investigation should establish the facts in believable conclusion, without which no parties can logically move on.

Different situation (opposite scenario) having a full and independent representation of say a murderer, to most thorough examination will ultimately reinforce any sentence handed out and make it secure. There's no suggestion of anything so strong here, just that you can have confidence in the outcome by proper investigation, and see how that process will support ongoing decisions.

Symptomatic of the rise in interest of F1 and it's "popularity " is that anything like this is blown sky high by the general press that has no real interest in our sport, except for sensationalism to boost their own income.

That's the same for the Wolfs and any other personel that find themselves in the cross hairs of tabloid press attention. They really couldn't care less what happens to these people after false accusations are dispelled, as many are.

Don't think anyone can judge it clearly until statement of facts is fully established.
The problem here is that redbull told him to resign

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Venturiation wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:20

And broke the news to the press.

mwillems

Venturiation wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:20
Farnborough wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:13
Venturiation wrote:

It seems more likely than not. But has this been confirmed? I'm sure the truth is in the noise, but there is a lot of noise around.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

organic

I read the following: "Horner was gently advised to resign" as part of the reporting from motorsport-total.com however it was not clear where that advisement came from

dans79

organic wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:34
I read the following: "Horner was gently advised to resign" as part of the reporting from motorsport-total.com however it was not clear where that advisement came from
Imo his ego is far to large for that, either nothing will come of it, or he will go down in a flaming ball of fire!
197 104 103 7

mwillems

organic wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:34
I read that too, but I don't feel like I trust what I'm hearing right now. If it is a series of co-ordinated leaks, I'm sure there will be bias in there. If not, how much of it is spurious claims from "anonymous" sources. Or maybe it is mostly true. It's not possible to understand right now. Feels like we are being played, it's just a question of whether it is RB GMBH or the press.

-Bandit

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Could be leaks, or it could be a series of soft releases to prepare people before the big news.

langedweil

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:08
What about competence for the job? Does that count anywhere?
Not really in this day and age ...
HuggaWugga !

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

DM's passing was a great shame because clearly, he was the one who maintained the law and order in the organization.

mwillems

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 01:27
DM's passing was a great shame because clearly, he was the one who maintained the law and order in the organization.
I suppose the complainant(s) may have thought he was upholding the wrong laws, when it came to RB F1 Team and certain individuals.

It seems a little patience and we may find out.

-Bandit

mwillems

-Bandit

organic

Transcript of Erik van Haren interview with Telegraaf about the Christian Horner allegations

mendis
mendis

mwillems wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 02:49
Aggressive management style? Unless this is a case of sexual harassment (zero tolerance) or he choke slammed someone to ground for not listening to him, I don't see how this is different from most people managing things. High profile and high intensity jobs puts a lot of stress on people who are accountable to deliver results and if there is an individual who is annoying and doesn't exactly do what you want, the frustration and aggressive behavior is perfectly understandable. I have seen physical altercations at work place for which people have been remanded and warned, not fired.