Italian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Lightspeed wrote:A driver on a warm up lap yields to one on a fast lap. This is clear to everyone, except when its their darling losing.

And I'm still wondering what Schumi had to do with it as some conspiracy theroists resson ... :roll:
Who was on warm up lap?! Alonso was seting his own best sector times when this happened!!! Should I translate it... he was flying, driving extremely fast, giving the best of him - that was called RACING before cheating and lying started bringing titles instead of RACING!

:roll:

This is exactly how Schuey became "greatest ever" and it goes on! He isn't trying to beat rivals but to get rid of them - that is his everlasting policy!

Ferrari & FIA menagement aswell as Ferrari drivers are the most pathetic creatures that ever existed in world of motor racing!

Lightspeed

manchild wrote:This is exactly how Schuey became "greatest ever" and it goes on! He isn't trying to beat rivals but to get rid of them - that is his everlasting policy!
So what did he do today ? Braked earlier and pushed Alonso off the track into a run-off region where Schumi had sprinkled nails earlier .. thus puncturing FA's tyres, etc ... ? :?:

pRo

manchild wrote:Who was on warm up lap?! Alonso was seting his own best sector times when this happened!!! Should I translate it... he was flying, driving extremely fast, giving the best of him - that was called RACING before cheating and lying started bringing titles instead of RACING!
Exactly.

He was actually going so fast, that he must've worn his tires out during that "slow" lap and his actual timed lap sector times weren't as good.

He was really in a hurry to make it into the timed lap before the time run out. IIRC, he made it by a second or two.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Lightspeed

manchild wrote:How can a driver be penalised for blocking during qualifying session when that lap was his best!!!

Who was on warm up lap?! Alonso was seting his own best sector times when this happened!!!
You've got your facts wrong..
The full decision of the stewards :

A report was received from the race director that stated that the driver of car no. 1, Fernando Alonso, had impeded another driver during qualifying, namely Felipe Massa, car no. 6.

The stewards, after hearing the explanation of both the drivers, their team managers, and having seen video evidence and data supplied by Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, find that:

1. Fernando Alonso was on his out-lap and, having been caught by Felipe Massa, did impede him;

2. To impede another driver during the qualifying practice session is an offence (Article 116b of the 2006 Formula 1 Sporting Regulations);

3. Such actions may not have been deliberate.

The stewards determine that a breach of the regulations has occurred during qualifying practice and by virtue of the provisions of the 2006 Formula 1 Sporting Regulations Article 112 order that the best three laps set by Fernando Alonso in the third period of qualifying be deleted.

Signed by Tony Scott-Andrews, Enzo Spano and Alessandro Tibiletti.
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37287

Better check on the facts before you & your cohorts shoot out crap.
Last edited by Lightspeed on 09 Sep 2006, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

pRo

Lightspeed wrote:Better check on the facts before you & your cohorts shoot out crap.
Read the last posts more carefully.

Yes, he was on his outlap.

No, he wasn't slow.

He was faster on his "slow" outlap than on the next timed lap.

manchild
manchild

Lightspeed wrote:blah, blah, blah... Better check on the facts before you & your cohorts shoot out crap.
So, you've checked sector times?

You can like Schuey and Ferrari as much as you want but that including Mosely's steward's decision won't change the fact that when a driver is making his best sector times he isn't blocking anyone. Period!

Figures are backing up Alonso's claims while this shameful punishment is backed only on opinion of stewards belonging to one corrupted organization - FIA. Check sector times measure by that same FIA and than tell me what was Alonso doing.

O.T.

This is pure politics and corruption having nothing to do with nobility of racing and racers or with engineering masterpieces that existed before that got me attracted to F1. I really hate politics and corruption and F1 has turned into nothing but those two. :(

I hope Mosley will get a call this evening from Renault Group bosses threatening to give up on all Concorde agreements, further participation in F1, engine supply for GP2 etc. FIA villains use force and they can only get frightened if someone more powerful stands up to them and this seams to be the perfect moment for that. :(

FLC
FLC

ohhh, manchild and freinds crying :(

Like I said in my first post here, Massa was on a hotlap and alonso was on his outlap, which was set right after they fixed his right-rear wheel and which put him in 8th position! I dont know what the hell ur talking about but Massa's interrupted lap was good for 2nd. Thats a difference of 6(!) places out of 10 possible. Alonso was maybe setting his best lap, but still it was a slow one. Before Alonso, Massa was improving the pole time in about 0.3sec, and when he finished his lap he was slow by 0.2sec. So if Ferrari proved he didnt do any mistakes and that nothing was wrong with the car it must have been Alonso who impeded him.

This is nothing unusual and drivers got penalised all season for that. This time the Ferrari name is involved giving them childs a reason to cry for.

Just imagine what would happen Schumacher did the same thing to Alonso....

manchild
manchild

I'm crying because of the future of F1 since it is becoming something I'm not enjoying anymore but only getting upset and since it is so I might as well stop following F1. I really mean it. Schumacher's era had same effect on F1 as black plague on European population in the middleages. When I think back about his first F1 seasons and the admiration I had for his performance I feel even worse. :(
Last edited by manchild on 09 Sep 2006, 21:07, edited 2 times in total.

pRo

FLC wrote:Alonso was maybe setting his best lap, but still it was a slow one.
Have you ever seen any driver being punished for driving his personal fastest? Ever? Even in any other series than F1? Ever?

Thought so.

As long as there are several cars on track, someone will always be slower and someone will always be faster. Sometimes the faster car will be behind a slower one. That's no reason to punish the slower car, if he's trying his best. Unless the faster car is red of course. :?

boban-mk

Alonso didn't want to block Massa, but also didn't wanted to lose posiblity to drive another lap, so he was in a hurry and if he let Massa in front he will probably see checked flag. Hi missed flag for two seconds only. That move wasn't on purpose, but it was a blocking by FIA rulles and that it is.

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

It feels unfair. Alonso drove the best he could, he wasn't slow by any means. Even by letting Massa past he would slow him down...
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

boban-mk wrote:That move wasn't on purpose, but it was a blocking by FIA rulles and that it is.
There was no "move". :wink:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

Tp
Tp

Was the incident actually shown on TV? Because I'm not sure how people can argue that the Stewards have made the wrong decision when they've seen it and we haven't.

boban-mk

You can fly, but if you are slower than the one behind and you are in out lap, you need to let him pass you.
It is not a big deal, so Alonso should wory about his car, not that is on 10 position.

wazojugs

the closing races to this years championship is becoming a farce. it looks like they are trying to make it easy for schumi to win the title so he can retire as champ.

Alonso was pushing to get another lap which he made by 2 secs, the reason he was slower is that he had more fuel in the car due to the puncture.

this lastest ruling top the mass damper result