2011 F1 car concepts

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lolzi
lolzi

Re: 2011 cars

Doesn't that just show that McLaren Racing or whatever they're called will not be affected by McLaren Automotive?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

lolzi wrote:Doesn't that just show that McLaren Racing or whatever they're called will not be affected by McLaren Automotive?
Did you not read CHT's post?
More could have been done.
David Purley

Twaddle
Twaddle

There must be a more appropriate place to discuss financials than this. Maybe there's a case for a Formula One Teams subsection.

Now that I'm here though, I thought I might as well point out that
Mclaren is also seeking to raise GBP340m from private investors for 49% stake in the company to fund the automotive project.
In no way implies
Which also mean that the Mclaren Group will have to contribute the other 51% worth of resources and IP to fund this project.

forty-two

nacho wrote:Wouldn't the movable wing make it highly diffucult to runaway, even a slower car could hang behind a faster car with it? Or 2 or more cars could work together passing each other and a poor guy ahead of the road would be quickly caught.
Perhaps the movable wing discussion should be in a thread of it's own, but while it's still here...

While I don't in general "approve" of the idea of a movable wing, nacho's comment is interesting, and something I hadn't thought of.

Perhaps two cars "working together" would add a bit to the "team" element of F1?

Imagine Button and Hamilton slingshotting each other in an attempt to gain on a runaway Vettel? That has the potential to be pretty spectacular, if a little dangerous.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

gridwalker
gridwalker

Yeah, but what a display it would be :D
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

raymondu999

sounds VERY mickey mouse to me. And kind of Ricky-Bobby Talladega Nights ish
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lolzi
lolzi

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
lolzi wrote:Doesn't that just show that McLaren Racing or whatever they're called will not be affected by McLaren Automotive?
Did you not read CHT's post?
My question was meant as a question, not like a childish insult. English is not my native language nor do I have any education in finance, so I didn't understand his post. I thought if I asked, I might get an answer in a language I could understand, but I was obviously wrong.

marcush.
marcush.

the mclaren approach is likely to ease moving human recources towards the new company officially...recourcecap anyone?

CountessBathory
CountessBathory

Taking into account DDD's prohibition and thus not be necessary as much of airflow through the "underbody" and the mandatory rearward shift weight distribution's, do you think they could be factors that might make interesting the introduction of front suspension geometry of the type "single keel" or "V-keel"?

Thanks in advance

Greetings.

earlrue
earlrue

Mandrake wrote:
gridwalker wrote:I guess they will have to simply blow over the diffuser, rather than through the slots that were created using the "hole that is not a hole" loophole that is being closed to ban the DDD.

Unless someone gets creative with their exhaust venting, it is doubtful we will see anything near the complexity of the 2010 EBD.
I wonder, is it forbidden to route the exhaust into the diffusor directly? F1 cars of old days had their exhaust placed in there as well, giving great fireworks under braking and downshifting.

From what I've read so far, the problem always was the changing DF-levels with changing engine load. This season, teams have overcome this with the retarded ignition, does that mean we could see the return of direct diffusor-feeding exhausts?
the RBR7 is going to be a tight as* machine
Adrian will do the magic again, I'm sure
it's all there - pullrod susp, RBR gearbox, top notch EBD and some smart engine mappers etc...

ell66
ell66

should we expect all the cars to have ferrari style rims?

mith

I think that most of teams will try it at some point and if it will bring them benefits, then yes - why not?

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

earlrue wrote:
Mandrake wrote:
gridwalker wrote:I guess they will have to simply blow over the diffuser, rather than through the slots that were created using the "hole that is not a hole" loophole that is being closed to ban the DDD.

Unless someone gets creative with their exhaust venting, it is doubtful we will see anything near the complexity of the 2010 EBD.
I wonder, is it forbidden to route the exhaust into the diffusor directly? F1 cars of old days had their exhaust placed in there as well, giving great fireworks under braking and downshifting.

From what I've read so far, the problem always was the changing DF-levels with changing engine load. This season, teams have overcome this with the retarded ignition, does that mean we could see the return of direct diffusor-feeding exhausts?
the RBR7 is going to be a tight as* machine
Adrian will do the magic again, I'm sure
it's all there - pullrod susp, RBR gearbox, top notch EBD and some smart engine mappers etc...
Because pullrods are so revolutionary and magical... :roll:
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Saribro
Saribro

If you're young enough... :)

lolzi
lolzi

Jersey Tom wrote:Because pullrods are so revolutionary and magical... :roll:
Well, not compared to "engine mappers" at least :lol: will these guys be onboard? Maybe RB7 will be (as far as I know) the world's first F1 3-seater!