2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
hollus

Re: 2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

2024 folks. There are other forums for my driver is besterest than yours.
Rivals, not enemies.

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

Seanspeed wrote:
dialtone wrote:
22 May 2024, 02:20
Seanspeed wrote: In no world is Perez an 'absolute joke'.

It's the mark of the greats that they make otherwise good drivers look ordinary/bad.
What about all the other drivers in different cars that also make him look ordinary? Half the grid is greats now?
What on earth are you talking about?

Absolutely none of Perez's previous teammates has ever comprehensively beaten him like Max has. Not even close. Perez was competitive with basically everybody he's been up against in the past.

Talking like Perez is an 'absolute joke' is wild hyperbole and a complete rewriting of history.
I’m not evaluating Perez as a human being nor his entire career.

In the last 1 year he’s been just about the bottom of the grid as far as driver performance goes, you have to consider the car he has, and performances like Suzuka last year or Australia and Imola and Miami this year, not just in the race but the crash out in FP in Imola as well.

What he did in the past isn’t giving him points or laptime this year, this year his performance is very very bad, like legitimately bottom of the grid, not mediocre, because he has a car that had 7 poles in a row this season and won all but 2 races and yet his best result is only 2nd and is not even 2nd in the WDC, last year he collapsed after Miami, and that was a better start of the season than what we are seeing.

0.5s slower than your team mate is just not good, it’s Albon v Sargeant territory.
Last edited by dialtone on 22 May 2024, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

marcel171281
marcel171281

dialtone wrote:
22 May 2024, 17:16
0.5s slower than your team mate is just not good, it’s Albon v Sargeant territory.
Yet Albon was even further behind Verstappen than Perez.

That says a lot about Sargeant btw...

Francis Bacon
Francis Bacon

Silent Storm wrote:
20 May 2024, 21:11
Francis Bacon wrote:
20 May 2024, 21:04
Cs98 wrote:
20 May 2024, 09:25

There would be another excuse, there always is. That's the magic of detracting. Remember now, Perez only became "awful" after being consistently trounced by Verstappen.

But sure, I'd like to see Norris in a RB too, it could work on a personal level, but Norris didn't want to go up against Max when he had the offer. Says enough.
Not quite. You're mischaracterising. Lando isn't afraid of "going up against Max." Rather, he didn't want to join the Red Bull team, which is wholly oriented on Max, vs staying with McLaren, a team he already knows and trusts."
What do you mean by this?
If "going up agaist" is taken to me "competing against," then the assertion that Lando is afraid of competing against Max when he had the offer isn't correct. Lando isn't afraid of competing against Max. He relishes the notion of competing against Max. But he also sees and understands that doing so as a member of Red Bull would not be wise because, almost as a matter of policy, the team is oriented toward Max. What's clear is that Lando feels that his chances of beating Max are better with Mclaren.

ringo

DDopey wrote:
22 May 2024, 10:56
From the results that Perez has achieved for over more than a decade than you can say it is a pretty good driver. But that was also said about, Ricciardo, Albon, Gasly…until they went against Max. It almost looks like it breaks something in them. But that’s just an observation, a lot more variables are in place that could invalidate this observation.
respectfully this is nonsense. Except for Daniel, the rest were wet behind the ears and had no F1 reputation to speak about. All were in the redbull nursery.
For Sure!!

bluechris

Francis Bacon wrote:
23 May 2024, 22:57
Silent Storm wrote:
20 May 2024, 21:11
Francis Bacon wrote:
20 May 2024, 21:04

Not quite. You're mischaracterising. Lando isn't afraid of "going up against Max." Rather, he didn't want to join the Red Bull team, which is wholly oriented on Max, vs staying with McLaren, a team he already knows and trusts."
What do you mean by this?
If "going up agaist" is taken to me "competing against," then the assertion that Lando is afraid of competing against Max when he had the offer isn't correct. Lando isn't afraid of competing against Max. He relishes the notion of competing against Max. But he also sees and understands that doing so as a member of Red Bull would not be wise because, almost as a matter of policy, the team is oriented toward Max. What's clear is that Lando feels that his chances of beating Max are better with Mclaren.
As you say this, i am trying to remember a single pass from Max to Norris where max hasn't pass cruising.
I don't remember any of it so i don't understand your assumption.

vcruvinelr
vcruvinelr

Hey guys. I went to the race and after the event when walking on the track I found this car piece.

Maybe someone can help me to discover from which car is this piece?

bluechris

vcruvinelr wrote:
28 May 2024, 00:16
Hey guys. I went to the race and after the event when walking on the track I found this car piece.

https://i.ibb.co/RgJyDgW/PHOTO-2024-05-27-19-13-12.jpg

I think this are Mercedes water drain plugs in the reserve wheel space in the rear .. see this..... someone did a nice haircut in a curb of something of his Mercedes Bottom lol

vcruvinelr
vcruvinelr

bluechris wrote:
28 May 2024, 14:32
vcruvinelr wrote:

I think this are Mercedes water drain plugs in the reserve wheel space in the rear .. see this..... someone did a nice haircut in a curb of something of his Mercedes Bottom lol

https://ibb.co/6rHYbHb

https://ibb.co/wWQR4QP
Thanks for your reply! During the race there was also Porsche Cup, Formula 2 and Formula 3. Do you think it's related with any Porsche or Formula car?

bluechris

vcruvinelr wrote:
28 May 2024, 20:14
bluechris wrote:
28 May 2024, 14:32
vcruvinelr wrote:

https://ibb.co/6rHYbHb

https://ibb.co/wWQR4QP
Thanks for your reply! During the race there was also Porsche Cup, Formula 2 and Formula 3. Do you think it's related with any Porsche or Formula car?
Nahh i don't think so. It must be something that occurred on a track sunday or anything where Mercedes road cars was on track... There are a ton of racing things that happening on tracks but this is a specific part from a Mercedes car with rear trunk and space for a reserve wheel. Maybe Mercedes put this plug in everything? I am really not good in this info.
Hmmm it can be from the Mercedes AMG-GT Safety Car ...