[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979
fouad1979

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Just 10 laps so far this afternoon sure setup work or more news parts he is lapping now

BrunoH
BrunoH

hope they are not after some ´´issue´´ they found

fouad1979
fouad1979

Great news guys andreas just said this in interview It's great to see this momentum. We tried a new front wing in the morning and the car is doing what we expect, so it's great to see this correlation.In terms of the program and test points, I'm happy we could tick off a lot of boxes on our job list,” added Seidl. "Without this reliability we couldn't go through the run plan every day. We focus on ourselves, not lap times. We continuously bring new parts for the car as well with deliveries from the factory back home.

Xero

BrunoH wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 16:40
hope they are not after some ´´issue´´ they found
No issues, just doing their own thing, as are Ferrari and Red Bull. No need to chase lap times yet.

Lucky
Lucky

Lucky
Lucky

_cerber1

161+137+125=423*4,655=1969 km. =D>

charliesmithhd

An interesting second stint on the c1 tyres, looks quite competitive

bauc

Solid first week, I would say best in this era ..... I kinda like the way Mclaren approached this test, they kept their head down, they kept calm and without any glory runs.....

Over all I fell positive
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Trap speeds... Notice Norris’s speed (309Kph) versus Sainz on Wednesday (329Kph)... The team really running to a Delta and not pushing so far in testing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elldizzle
elldizzle

This is far more telling to me than any low fuel glory runs.Race day is where it all counts and this was some good, consistent times on the hardest tyre.

Wouter

Andreas Seidl interview.

The Power of Dreams!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Andreas Seidl comments on RP AT and the coming budget cap

McLaren is moving steadily, box by box, but other medium-sized grille teams have made a major leap this winter supported by their partners or engine manufacturer. It's no secret that Pérez and Stroll's Racing Point RP20 is a clone of the Mercedes W10 that won the World Cup last year, just like the Alpha Tauri AT01inherits almost all the aerodynamics of the Red Bull RB15 plus gearbox and suspensions. Suddenly, they find a car that a few months ago was able to win races that comes to them, also perfectly tuned. Although they are cars that will hardly evolve during the season, in the first races they will be one step ahead of McLaren or Renault. However, that is not what worries Andreas Seidl, head of the British team.

Asked by AS, the German engineer is clear: with a budget ceiling approaching, he does not even want to hear about teams that can share resources. "For this year I do not worry, we focus on ourselves and it is important that we take another step as a team in terms of performance and reliability. There are clear rules and I understand that everything that is happening is legal and the rules allow it. that makes no sense to complain. What is much more important to McLaren is that, thinking in 2021 and later, we must ensure that cooperation between two teams does not go against the rules by exchanging resources. ", interfering in a "balanced pitch". "In 2020, it is important that the rules are followed. There are limitations for wind tunnel tests or 'CFD' and I understand that they are already making sure that no team transfers their work to another, that would clearly go against the rules," the boss adds in a meeting with media.

"That would go clearly against the rules and I understand that the FIA ​​and F1 are aware," says Seidl, who broadens his position: "It is important for us because when the budget ceiling is put in place, it is in effect a limitation for everyone. There are certain sections where you cannot cooperate with another team. " And is that aerodynamics, for example, must be original of each team. Apart from the chassis, the leader of the Carlos Sainz team also remembers: "As an independent team that does not manufacture its own engines, it is that, as the rules contain, there is parity in the engines between the factory team and the client team" . Racing Point wants to lead the second F1 squad, something that does not fit McLaren's future plan: "which is what McLaren has been in the past. We do not want to follow others. It is clear that in this competition one must look at what others like Mercedes do, but you have to create ambition in the team, without arrogance, to get to do something different at some point. "

Full article

https://as.com/motor/2020/02/22/formula ... 67721.html
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Does the FIA do any research? Racing Point claims that they designed their own car, so there should be differences between the two cars. There should also be concept models and so on. I highly doubt Racing Point made a perfect copy of the Mercedes in just six months without any exchange between the two.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
22 Feb 2020, 13:14
Does the FIA do any research? Racing Point claims that they designed their own car, so there should be differences between the two cars. There should also be concept models and so on. I highly doubt Racing Point made a perfect copy of the Mercedes in just six months without any exchange between the two.
Racing Point had 2 or 3 big updates in 2019, nothing seemed to work as expected on their car. I’m sure they realised they were in big trouble for 2020, the last year of current rules. They must have known there was no way they could catch up. Enter Lawrence Stroll, who must have put a call through to Toto. McLaren has a lot to contend with, on and of the track.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.