2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dani5549
dani5549

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Autobahn303 wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:54
Charles long run wasn't good. Drove straight in Sainte Devoute, missed the apex in Nouvelle three times, lots of traffic and the car looked like i didn't have much grip.

Tyre temperature relatet?

Carlos did his low 15s in free air.
Pushed a lot harder in the push laps earlier on those mediums, Sainz time's one mediums were far off from Leclerc so that was probably the cause

yooogurt

FORZA FERRARI!

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

dani5549 wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:08
Autobahn303 wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:54
Charles long run wasn't good. Drove straight in Sainte Devoute, missed the apex in Nouvelle three times, lots of traffic and the car looked like i didn't have much grip.

Tyre temperature relatet?

Carlos did his low 15s in free air.
Pushed a lot harder in the push laps earlier on those mediums, Sainz time's one mediums were far off from Leclerc so that was probably the cause
Oh, i see

Thank you for clarifying.

Vanja #66

Leclerc may not have been in higher PU mode to Hamilton, Alonso, McLarens or Sainz, but Max was running lower PU to all of them on his fastest lap. Easy 3-4 tenths lost overall. Combined with 3-4 tenths they'll make up over night, puts him as the slight favourite for pole in my view. This is the same we've seen in Melbourne and Imola and they'll again recover tonight. Perhaps Max is not a massive favourite, but it will take a big effort from Leclerc tomorrow. Or a big setup mistake from RB. And that's without counting in Mercedes' strong form and believing McLaren won't improve, which would be silly. Everyone's close and anything can happen.

The really positive thing is tyre warm up doesn't seem to be an issue, Leclerc struggled with traffic on Softs rather than the tyre itself and feels like he can improve some more until Q. His focus on Q pace and effort on track is very commendable. Sainz needs to pick up the pace, not having him at the top will leave the team vulnerable to strategy games from others in the race. It's a really strange situation with him
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dani5549
dani5549

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:37
Leclerc may not have been in higher PU mode to Hamilton, Alonso, McLarens or Sainz, but Max was running lower PU to all of them on his fastest lap. Easy 3-4 tenths lost overall. Combined with 3-4 tenths they'll make up over night, puts him as the slight favourite for pole in my view. This is the same we've seen in Melbourne and Imola and they'll again recover tonight. Perhaps Max is not a massive favourite, but it will take a big effort from Leclerc tomorrow. Or a big setup mistake from RB. And that's without counting in Mercedes' strong form and believing McLaren won't improve, which would be silly. Everyone's close and anything can happen.

https://i.ibb.co/H4f2NT3/mon-fp2-24.jpg

The really positive thing is tyre warm up doesn't seem to be an issue, Leclerc struggled with traffic on Softs rather than the tyre itself and feels like he can improve some more until Q. His focus on Q pace and effort on track is very commendable. Sainz needs to pick up the pace, not having him at the top will leave the team vulnerable to strategy games from others in the race. It's a really strange situation with him
Without Buemi in the simulator overnight, who knows how much they can gain. Maybe a change of mind for Ferrari with focusing solely on quali will make it better for Charles. We know how fast he can be around a quali lap on Monaco even with a worse car, got pole in 2021

bluechris

I think Leclerc and Sainz tested different setups and all the team will collaborate during the night which is the best way to go.
We saw Leclerc having a bit of overuse of the tyre's that is not only because he pushed but imo was from setup.
It's wishful thinking from my side? maybe, but FP3 if weather is good will show the way that the team will proceed.

organic

He did red flag that 2021 Q3 session which prevented others behind who were going quicker..

Anyway I think you can't assume RB will gain 3-4 tenths from setup overnight.

To me it seems like Lec will have 1-2 tenths advantage and probably won't have to risk a lot

Xyz22
Xyz22

killua wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:36
Xyz22 wrote:
24 May 2024, 18:55
Spoutnik wrote:
24 May 2024, 18:49
Unfortunately Carlos is far off the pace atm
This is strange. Carlos has always been super strong in Monaco.

Maybe he is taking things a bit easier this WE.
Carlos has got some pretty good results here in Monaco, but pace wise he is not that strong compared to Charles. 2021 he was 0.3s slower than Charles in quali, 2022 the gap was 0.2s (would be .7s/.8s if lec could finish his second push lap) , and last year with a car suiting his driving style he was still 0.15s off the pace.
That's because Leclerc is very quick in Monaco.
Sainz has overperformed his teammates every year in Monaco.

dani5549
dani5549

organic wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:53
He did red flag that 2021 Q3 session which prevented others behind who were going quicker..

Anyway I think you can't assume RB will gain 3-4 tenths from setup overnight.

To me it seems like Lec will have 1-2 tenths advantage and probably won't have to risk a lot
Max said their problems in Monaco are not setup related but a car design problem around here so who knows..

dia6olo
dia6olo

Error free lap in the dry in Q3 and I don't see anyone troubling a Leclerc pole.
He has also shown before he's got a couple of extra gears when it comes to Monaco.
He was not only showing solid pace, he was doing it without troubling the barriers which is more than can be said for pretty much all the others.

bluechris

I am cautious optimistic here and everything need to be correct for the weekend :)

Cs98
Cs98

Leclerc looks set for another prime shot at victory here. He is the clear favourite for pole tomorrow. Won't give him the win just yet knowing his record around here, but this is another golden opportunity to finally get this one in the bag. You never know how many you'll have. Break the curse Charles.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Silent Storm wrote:
22 May 2024, 14:35
Charles seems to be confident about pole and win in Monaco...
There were good enough reasons for him to be confident before turning the wheel... This is Ferrari's weekend and it would be great for the sport to have a different winner!
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Xyz22
Xyz22

Many things can still happen and the Team has to be on top of everything. Reliability issues, impeding penalties, etc.

Last year for example Leclerc missed on third place due to a penalty. In 2022 they --- up the strategy and in 2021 they didn't fix the car properly.

Winning this race will require absolute precision from everyone.

yooogurt

plz no rain
FORZA FERRARI!