2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Great job by the team, they didn't give in to the great pace demonstrated yesterday and kept pushing. Sainz' recovery is better than I expected, it felt like his struggles carried over to FP3, but he got it together at the right time for a great Q3 lap.

Ultimately, Ferrari was the best car overall today in the end, but we were right to expect great leaps from RB and McLaren by Q3. It was nowhere near Leclerc's to lose, but there was a bit of a margin over McLaren, no doubt.

Team did really good so far, both drivers, the wall, engineer in the factory and the team in the garage. This is the level they need to keep up in order to challenge for the title in 2026, if they get a good thing going with the PU

Points are awarded tomorrow and they need to keep the A game up until that chequered flag :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

franbatista123

The optimist scenario is that the next upgrades work nicely and in that case I have no doubt we'll see a unexpected title fight. The more standard/realistic scenario I think is Ferrari P1 constructors and Verstappen P1.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

What a lap from Charles loved it
Carlos should be P2

yooogurt

In end of fp3 there was an issue with my engine and we had to do a swap in the last minute, but fortunately there wasn't any consequences. (c) Charles
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

Charles vs 2 McLaren tomorrow, it will not be a straight forward race. Unfortunately, Sainz seems to have a near certain penalty which hands some power to the Mclaren boys.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Hopefully in this particular scenario stewards remain as inconsistent as ever and just gloss over the incident. I'd like us to benefit from it for once lol

deadhead

yooogurt wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:07
In end of fp3 there was an issue with my engine and we had to do a swap in the last minute, but fortunately there wasn't any consequences. (c) Charles
They probably swapped it for the one he used at Imola, which was brand new I think

yooogurt

deadhead wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:28
They probably swapped it for the one he used at Imola, which was brand new I think
They said they were going to use the one they changed in Monaco, so it's got some kind of error again.
FORZA FERRARI!

killua
killua

yooogurt wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:32
deadhead wrote:
They said they were going to use the one they changed in Monaco, so it's got some kind of error again.
Are we going to use the 4th set of PU in Canada? :shock:

bananapeel23

killua wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:57
yooogurt wrote:
deadhead wrote:
It's far from certain the PU is actually broken. It could be anything, really. They probably just removed it because they were concerned that it would break and they didn't have time to do inspect the engine properly. At worst it becomes to go-to practice engine I imagine. Engines very rarely break at Monaco, given how little time they actually spend on the throttle.

scuderiabrandon

bananapeel23 wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:00
killua wrote:
yooogurt wrote:

It's far from certain the PU is actually broken. It could be anything, really. They probably just removed it because they were concerned that it would break and they didn't have time to do inspect the engine properly. At worst it becomes to go-to practice engine I imagine. Engines very rarely break at Monaco, given how little time they actually spend on the throttle.
When there is a slight concern, the process of actually checking is quite lengthy. They usually need to be taken back to the factory, and then they need to make sure there isn't any inherit design flaws. If a part has been identified as the problem, they'll check whether other parts from the same batch are showing signs of the same issue. They have to backtrack very single stage of the production line to make sure there wasn't any human error involved.

killua
killua

bananapeel23 wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:00
killua wrote:
yooogurt wrote:

Yeah, but is there any news of PU2? They said they would inspect it in the factory. With 16 races remaining, I’m afraid we are going to get engine penalties in the last couple races.

f1Follower
f1Follower

scuderiabrandon wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:20
Charles vs 2 McLaren tomorrow, it will not be a straight forward race. Unfortunately, Sainz seems to have a near certain penalty which hands some power to the Mclaren boys.
I don't think so Sainz impeded. He moved out of the racing line. The corner in Monaco is so narrow that you have to get to racing line and back out which he did. They will get telemetry of the impeded car as well before they give any judgement and you can see that it was not impeded

Xwang
Xwang

I wonder why other teams RB, mercedes, McLaren do not have these kind of issues. It seems that Ferrari reliability is always border line and ready to bite when there is some competitivity

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Xwang wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:28
I wonder why other teams RB, mercedes, McLaren do not have these kind of issues. It seems that Ferrari reliability is always border line and ready to bite when there is some competitivity
merc has had issue, did you forget Lewis in Australia?