2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

F1NAC wrote:
25 May 2024, 20:51
killua wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:57
yooogurt wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:32

They said they were going to use the one they changed in Monaco, so it's got some kind of error again.
Are we going to use the 4th set of PU in Canada? :shock:
No. They fitted him again with Miami PU but there were problema again with this same engine so the refitted with the one he used from Imola onwards
according to the AmuS article about it, the PU from Miami will only return for Canada. The problem here was with engine #3, so they went back to the one from Bahrain.

Power isn't as important in Monaco, of course, but it could still partly explain why Leclerc lost ground compared to the sessions before, I guess.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

search wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:21
according to the AmuS article about it, the PU from Miami will only return for Canada. The problem here was with engine #3, so they went back to the one from Bahrain.

Power isn't as important in Monaco, of course, but it could still partly explain why Leclerc lost ground compared to the sessions before, I guess.
what? even imola one had issues? oh Deer... [-o< how come sainz never have these issue? is it that charles more aggressive? I remember seeing that tech video from f1 tv, they showed how leclerc was agressive on the downshift compared to sainz.

yooogurt

search wrote:
Well that was rly bad news.
FORZA FERRARI!

wowgr8
wowgr8

No engine issues, strategy issues or crashes is that asking for too much?

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Fakepivot wrote:
26 May 2024, 10:20
search wrote:

what? even imola one had issues? oh Deer... [-o< how come sainz never have these issue? is it that charles more aggressive? I remember seeing that tech video from f1 tv, they showed how leclerc was agressive on the downshift compared to sainz.
Peter Windsor claims that Ferrari reckon that Leclerc was half a second slower than expected because of the issue in Q3 (something loose near the pedals). Was this confirmed by anyone else ?

bananapeel23

Sphere3758 wrote:
26 May 2024, 11:19
Fakepivot wrote:
search wrote:

Peter Windsor claims that Ferrari reckon that Leclerc was half a second slower than expected because of the issue in Q3 (something loose near the pedals). Was this confirmed by anyone else ?

I can’t really say anything for certain, but I feel like the pedal issue being worth 4-5 tenths is REALLY pushing it. That would mean Sainz was 8 tenths off the pace and that the SF24 is significantly faster than even the W10, despite weighing some 50kg more, with most of that difference being unsprung weight, not to mention the suspension simplification in the current regs.

It isn’t impossible, but I find it highly unlikely to be true.

I’m guessing it was something small like a screw or even like a shoelace in the footwell that might’ve cost Leclerc a tenth or something due to discomfort. But 4-5 seems highly unrealistic with a car that was good enough for pole on the first Q3 lap, let alone the 2nd.

I guess it would be consistent with the incredible pace in FP2 if it was 4-5 tenths, but FP2 was almost surely down to engine mode or just the Leclerc factor, along with just how consistently easy the SF24 seems to be to set up.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Sphere3758 wrote:
Fakepivot wrote:
search wrote:

Listens to he's onboard at around 55:15

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Sphere3758 wrote:
Fakepivot wrote:
search wrote:

I call BS on this one.
Windsor has no sources inside Ferrari. Duchessa and Donadoni would be screaming from the rooftops if this was true.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

considering its a small track the gap Charles had over Oscar is still big. Gotto appreciate that ..

wickedz50
wickedz50

Carlos gets 2nd life, to start P3 on restart,

edu2703
edu2703

With the red flag, I believe Leclerc and Sainz will switch to hard tires and go to the end.

Also good news for Sainz which will restart on P3.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Quick question guys, can Charles restart on H if allowed and can he take this race all through the end?
I am sure if tyre changes are allowed someone or all will make this change, this is going to be interesting.

Xwang
Xwang

edu2703 wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:23
With the red flag, I believe Leclerc and Sainz will switch to hard tires and go to the end.

I hope they do that at least for one car, because I really think that mclaren (and all the one that started with yellow) will do the same.

The question is, does the tyres last the whole gp or will they explode or cliff out at the end?

edu2703
edu2703

Xwang wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:26
edu2703 wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:23

I hope they do that at least for one car, because I really think that mclaren (and all the one that started with yellow) will do the same.

The question is, does the tyres last the whole gp or will they explode or cliff out at the end?
Yes. Monaco has very low tire degradation. You can do the entire race even on medium tires.

LM10
LM10

All Medium runners will switch to Hards and Leclerc will cruise backing up everyone. No need to push.