2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Congratulations to Charles for a well deserved victory, the man was absolutely on it since FP1. Finally broke free from the home-race curse.

Fight at the front is getting interesting with RedBull not looking completely out of reach as it was last year.

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:11
Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:45
Realistically, achieving multiple wins this season as a goal is met and WCC fight is on, it was a massive task after 2023 yet here we are...
but also in the WDC there is only a 31 point gap and there are still plenty of races to go and a three team battle looming, I see no reason not to have a shot at both titles
Both Ferrari and McLaren must push as hard as possible this season no matter what, but RB is absolutely in control of both Championships and those are theirs to lose.

The only thing Ferrari should now do is make a push for Q pace and take every risk to win until the end of the season, they have nothing to lose
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:10
bananapeel23 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:54
WCC fight is officially on now. COME ON!

I dare say Ferrari wins it if the relative pace stays at a status quo. Perez is going to get eaten by McLaren and Ferrari, and unless Verstappen finishes only P1 and P2, that gap is going to be shrinking every weekend.

Even the WDC isn't finished yet.

Also I'm not going to lie. I almost shed a tear.
WCC is absolutely RB's to lose, until they mathematically actually lose. On the other hand, they will absolutely not allow themselves to lose WDC and Max will make sure to stamp his authority in Canada.

Perez is having a bit of a bad luck streak, but he brought this DNF on himself today. He might have another results breakdown again, like last year, until this race I really didn't expect him to. Still, they way things are now, history teaches us that Ferrari and McLaren will take so much points off each other and RB will have just enough to close down the WCC as well
Depending on how long the Perez cold streak lasts the WCC is not a hopeless dream.
The WDC, although "close" i think Verstappen is still likely to win more races and to finish better on those he doesn't win.
Ferrari would need to find an extra gear for Charles to have a chance.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

yooogurt wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:14
Vanja #66 wrote:
and Max will make sure to stamp his authority in Canada.
Wait, but there are curbs and bumps in Canada, I think we'll get even closer to RB in the standings, but after that it will probably be "Max Strikes Back".
Long way to go, and the development of all 3 might be the differing factor.

Vanja #66

Emag wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:18
Congratulations to Charles for a well deserved victory, the man was absolutely on it since FP1. Finally broke free from the home-race curse.

Fight at the front is getting interesting with RedBull not looking completely out of reach as it was last year.
Cheers, lets have loads of these fights this year :D

#BlessYouLaddie

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Wait, but there are curbs and bumps in Canada, I think we'll get even closer to RB in the standings, but after that it will probably be "Max Strikes Back".
I'm sure every person at the factory in Milton Keynes will work overtime next 15 days to make sure they are the best again Canada

#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:25
yooogurt wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
I'm sure every person at the factory in Milton Keynes will work overtime next 15 days to make sure they are the best again Canada
They really like to coming back strong.. that Suzuka performance after the poor race in Singapore was quite the statement

F1NAC

Let's not get carried away. They still have the best car and as Vanja say it is their WCC and WDC to lose. Great weekend execution by the team. It was great to hear Leclerc and Bozzi joking around. Sounding much better than Xavi

yooogurt

it's more of that epic "he won in spa he wins in monza" from Crofty.
FORZA FERRARI!

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Canada can be quite bumpy to but it's been resurfaced

Verstappen didnt win by a big margin there in 2022 and 2023

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:20
Both Ferrari and McLaren must push as hard as possible this season no matter what, but RB is absolutely in control of both Championships and those are theirs to lose.

The only thing Ferrari should now do is make a push for Q pace and take every risk to win until the end of the season, they have nothing to lose
The most interesting question is what to do with the updates? To force them to get more of a small advantage? Or still count on larger ones with bigger gains but with a longer wait?
FORZA FERRARI!

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

ahh I was so worried about safety car, as that could give more room for Ferrari to F-up. like Leclerc was really lucky, first the red flag, 2nd when that stroll crashed into barrier and punctured himself, he could have ended up middle of the track or the Tyre would have fallen off the middle of the track causing a safety car, but it didn't. yea I say luck was on Charles side today.

also there could have been crash between max and Russell, you never know with those two haha..

F1ern
F1ern

Will Ferrari bring a new rearwing for the 3rd time in a row to Canada?

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to Michael Schmidt from AMuS, Ferrari would no longer be interested in Newey.

(translated with google)
Last edited by KimiRai on 26 May 2024, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

Vanja #66

F1NAC wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:31
It was great to hear Leclerc and Bozzi joking around. Sounding much better than Xavi
Yeah, GP and Max got a competition now :mrgreen:

I have no doubt Vasseur saw some fire burning in Bozzi's eyes and got a detailed list of clear improvements to be made over how Xavi was running things from him. To say you can make an improvement with a "kid" that has no prior Race Eng experience must mean you see something very rare.

yooogurt wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:36
The most interesting question is what to do with the updates? To force them to get more of a small advantage? Or still count on larger ones with bigger gains but with a longer wait?
Next upgrade package is already in the pipeline and can probably be rushed by one race, at least for one car. However, Austria is a Sprint weekend and Filming Day 2 as preparation is already spent. So in my view, better not to risk anything there, unless there is a smaller thing to bring, like a change to front wing flaps etc

KimiRai wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:52
According to Michael Schmidt from AMuS, Ferrari would no longer be interested in Newey.
Right, just like they aren't interested in winning. The things these people write and say...

#BlessYouLaddie