2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

f1rules wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:23
seem norris is running the new stronger fw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9l3nAJXkAARmo5.jpg
This looks super aggressive on the southwash side.. and the team seem to be doing well in Practice.
Any confirmation on Engine..??
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Xero

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:52
This looks super aggressive on the southwash side.. and the team seem to be doing well in Practice.
Any confirmation on Engine..??
Only Ricciardo has the new engine, the other 3 on previously used ones.

michl420
michl420

On the qualy simulation lap norris was constant in all sectors faster than sainz. So the difference is not downforce related on the first look.

mwillems

I'm starting to wonder if the performance here is related to upgrades, or the fact that our tyre warm up issue is masked on a 50 degree track.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

RonDennis
RonDennis

Sainz was running a lot of experimental parts.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 18:21
Sainz was running a lot of experimental parts.
I wonder if they’re targeting Silverstone for another major-ish upgrade. They could also take the engine upgrade for Lando as well, Carlos could take the engine upgrade in Germany.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

I know it’s only practice and the times aren’t meaningful... But is nice to see Mclaren edging the rest of the midfield by 7+ tenths :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Yesterday was definitely positive, but Renault were most likely keeping their powder dry. I hope we still have enough to keep them honest and really fight for best of the rest. Won’t be easy, but 2 cars in the top 10 would be great. A dream scenario would be getting to Q3 on the mediums.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

Ground Effect wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 09:30
Yesterday was definitely positive, but Renault were most likely keeping their powder dry. I hope we still have enough to keep them honest and really fight for best of the rest. Won’t be easy, but 2 cars in the top 10 would be great. A dream scenario would be getting to Q3 on the mediums.
I don't think they will risk doing Q2 laps on mediums until they pull ahead of the midfield by a significant margin. Even Ferrari and Red Bull have proven to be vulnerable on harder tyres during Q2. But I agree with your first point. Renault were probably evaluating their new parts yesterday and may show their real pace only today. I hope McLaren still have more performance in the store to keep Renault or anyone from the midfield at bay.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Nivedanm wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 09:56
Ground Effect wrote:
I don't think they will risk doing Q2 laps on mediums until they pull ahead of the midfield by a significant margin. Even Ferrari and Red Bull have proven to be vulnerable on harder tyres during Q2. But I agree with your first point. Renault were probably evaluating their new parts yesterday and may show their real pace only today. I hope McLaren still have more performance in the store to keep Renault or anyone from the midfield at bay.
I think the softs are such a disaster for racing that it's possible that we might see a larger number than usual using the mediums in Q2 to try and avoid them all together during the race. That happened last year in Barcelona, most of the top 10 qualified from Q2 using the mediums. I know Fernando used the softs, cause McLaren couldn't get the mediums working quickly enough. Apart from him, I can't remember anyone else in the top 10 qualifying on the softs.

_cerber1

f1rules
f1rules

sainz with old front suspension im pretty sure

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

Ground Effect wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 10:46
Nivedanm wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 09:56
Ground Effect wrote:
I think the softs are such a disaster for racing that it's possible that we might see a larger number than usual using the mediums in Q2 to try and avoid them all together during the race. That happened last year in Barcelona, most of the top 10 qualified from Q2 using the mediums. I know Fernando used the softs, cause McLaren couldn't get the mediums working quickly enough. Apart from him, I can't remember anyone else in the top 10 qualifying on the softs.
Good observation. Considering the rapid degradation of softs, teams may want to start on harder compounds, yes.

f1rules
f1rules

AMUS

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Still in it, so it seems...