2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Horner and Max at the FIA Gala Press Conference at 1:19.40 min.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Max and Hornerat the FIA Gala. I don't know what time.

The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

Ryar wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 16:36
Kingshark wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 09:00
Great analysis which shows just how insanely good Verstappen’s 2021 season actually was, even better than any of us suspected:

https://f1-analysis.com/2021/12/14/2021 ... -rankings/
Nice one mate. Coming from a rather difficult start to F1 and consistently peaking from 2018, no wonder Max put together the best season of his racing career. So many doubters have been silenced, hopefully forever. His performance in Zandvoort stands as his best, under such immense pressure of expectations. It was heart breaking to see the lap of the year not coming to fruision in Saudi. Mercedes found strange level of performance since Turkey, making Max work harder than ever in the season. I had a sinking feeling seeing such anamalous sway of power where his Red Bull stood no chance when an attack came from Mercedes in these past GPs, coupled with some poor starts. But it was a sweet end for such a fabuolous season of performance. With the weight of expectations of a championship off, hope he should be a far bigger power in the equation of championship battles of future.
I think those poor starts (they also happened at test starts) where due to the choices made on the engine settings. Everything to sustain higher speed each lap, at cost of start. We have seen the same from Honda in previous years. And I agree it is very strange Mercedes found so much speed as to be dominant again. How much of that was due to the wing main plane that FIA said not do anything against after the stationary test was passed I don’t know.

PlatinumZealot

Kingshark wrote:
Great analysis which shows just how insanely good Verstappen’s 2021 season actually was, even better than any of us suspected:

Statistically it's a rubbish analysis for clear reasons. It's comparing every driver against their teammate basically. The slower your teammate is to you the higher you score.

F1_metrics has a way better model. Its done by guy with PhD in statistical and physical modelling. Go check it out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Overdrive written all over it! Neither merc nor RedBull use passive differentials.
Might such be a cheat, do ya wonder?

Wouter

This was recorded monday after the race in Abu Dhabi. You can choose your own subtitles.

In an exclusive interview at Ziggo Sport, Olav Mol speaks with Max Verstappen about the past Formula 1 season.
His highs and lows about the 2021 season. But of course also about his fantastic final race in Abu Dhabi.
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

Sieper wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 14:27
Ryar wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

Nice one mate. Coming from a rather difficult start to F1 and consistently peaking from 2018, no wonder Max put together the best season of his racing career. So many doubters have been silenced, hopefully forever. His performance in Zandvoort stands as his best, under such immense pressure of expectations. It was heart breaking to see the lap of the year not coming to fruision in Saudi. Mercedes found strange level of performance since Turkey, making Max work harder than ever in the season. I had a sinking feeling seeing such anamalous sway of power where his Red Bull stood no chance when an attack came from Mercedes in these past GPs, coupled with some poor starts. But it was a sweet end for such a fabuolous season of performance. With the weight of expectations of a championship off, hope he should be a far bigger power in the equation of championship battles of future.
I think those poor starts (they also happened at test starts) where due to the choices made on the engine settings. Everything to sustain higher speed each lap, at cost of start.
You have no way of knowing this for certain, and dare I say it had very little to do with honda. It could be a bunch of different reasons why starts have gotten worse later in the season, but it could also be that hamilton's starts have gotten phenomenal. I think it was a bit of both that made it look so bad.

Ryar

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... e/6891628/
Verstappen tops F1 team bosses' poll for first time

Max Verstappen has topped the annual Formula 1 team principals’ top 10 drivers ranking – knocking Lewis Hamilton off the top spot.

Hakuna Matata!

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Juzh wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 11:34
Sieper wrote:
Ryar wrote:
I think those poor starts (they also happened at test starts) where due to the choices made on the engine settings. Everything to sustain higher speed each lap, at cost of start.
You have no way of knowing this for certain, and dare I say it had very little to do with honda. It could be a bunch of different reasons why starts have gotten worse later in the season, but it could also be that hamilton's starts have gotten phenomenal. I think it was a bit of both that made it look so bad.
With Perez fighting for podiums, Redbull didn’t got worse. Hamilton and Mercedes just got better, which already started in Silverstone.

Juzh

NL_Fer wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 12:08
Juzh wrote:
Sieper wrote:

With Perez fighting for podiums, Redbull didn’t got worse. Hamilton and Mercedes just got better, which already started in Silverstone.
I was talking about race starts.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Juzh wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 12:15
NL_Fer wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 12:08
Juzh wrote:

I was talking about race starts.
I am sorry, i didn’t catch that Immediately.

But yeah it was interesting to see Hamilton’s great start on hards in Jeddah.

Verstappen needed to do a practice start in the pitlane, before their run to the starting grid. Still it was a bad start. I guess Redbull never considered an early start on hards with heavy fuel.

Mercedes must have better preparation routines for the start settings, or better simulation software to figure out the best settings. Don’t know how the rules are about special mappings to keep the revs stable, once the clutch is released.

Big Tea

Slo Poke wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 10:19
Overdrive written all over it! Neither merc nor RedBull use passive differentials.
Would this contravene any rule? I don't think gearing, other than the number of gears is regulated (Is it?)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Big Tea wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 14:13
Slo Poke wrote:
Would this contravene any rule? I don't think gearing, other than the number of gears is regulated (Is it?)
Hi, Big Tea:
Let me put it this way. As far as I’m aware 2021 cars are permitted eight forward gears and one reverse. With that being the case any overdrive configuration would be classed as a ninth gear surely, in my book, at least.
As soon as I saw the merc car nearly jump into warp speed Brazil I literally forgot there was a race in progress due to keeping my eye on car forty-four. I then thought about what I know is at work in their differential and how a ninth gear could/might be incorporated in it and it isn’t impossible.
At that point, or a few days later, I drafted out an e-mail and sent it in to RedBull. From this point I’m hypothesising somewhat but something was tested at Jeddah but not raced. Now let’s face it, the merc engine/Pu has been maxed out all season, save for the skip to capacitor usage at Silverstone and since so where the flippin’ ‘eck did warp speed come from. It don’t grow on trees!

Big Tea

Slo Poke wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 15:17
Big Tea wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 14:13
Slo Poke wrote:
Hi, Big Tea:
Let me put it this way. As far as I’m aware 2021 cars are permitted eight forward gears and one reverse. With that being the case any overdrive configuration would be classed as a ninth gear surely, in my book, at least.
As soon as I saw the merc car nearly jump into warp speed Brazil I literally forgot there was a race in progress due to keeping my eye on car forty-four. I then thought about what I know is at work in their differential and how a ninth gear could/might be incorporated in it and it isn’t impossible.
At that point, or a few days later, I drafted out an e-mail and sent it in to RedBull. From this point I’m hypothesising somewhat but something was tested at Jeddah but not raced. Now let’s face it, the merc engine/Pu has been maxed out all season, save for the skip to capacitor usage at Silverstone and since so where the flippin’ ‘eck did warp speed come from. It don’t grow on trees!

But Hamilton only recorded the 5th highest speed in Abu Dhabi, why would it be geared lower than others if it was an unregulated 'extra'. You could watch an onboard lap and keep an eye and ear on RPM I suppose it would be evident if there were more 'drops' than numbers on the display
https://f1i.com/wp-content/uploads/2020 ... rap.v1.jpg
Last edited by Big Tea on 18 Dec 2021, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.