2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
UnaF1
UnaF1

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Xero wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:18
UnaF1 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:12
Xero wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:05

What part of damaged car are you not understanding? He doesn't have the tools beneath him to do anything proactive.
So, VER missing half of the car actually allowed him to pass RIC
Much faster car, plus Verstappen had pitted for fresh tyres.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned "reactive"

UnaF1
UnaF1

In the first race of the season RIC had the similar damage, and all of us was "aaah, poor guy, that's why he was so slow", butt then he continued doing the same. So, one could ask whether he drives the broken car every race. Anyway, with hindsight, we could've hired Vandoorne as well

billamend
billamend

Bottas with 5-place penalty for Spa could be really important for McLaren

MrGapes

It happens guys… I’m sure we’ll come back stronger, the team has had a great first half, McLaren’s time is coming.

the EDGE
the EDGE

The only good thing to take from today is Lando has maintained his 3rd place in the WDC

And with his 3 closest challengers also out of the race no one has moved any closer to him either

But still a bitter pill to swallow today as another podium was on the cards until until the incident, after his amazing start

I suppose the other take- away is McLaren are in a strong place going into the second half of the season. The car has proved its self everywhere and with the last of the update package due on the car in a months time and talk of further refinement to come after that what a second half season it will be

mwillems

What a shame. Poor old Norris, taken out by Bottas who just didn't break early enough, especially considering his loss of downforce being so close to Lando. Danny's car pushed around and damaged. We never had a chance to win it, but we might have been able to fight for a podium once we got into a good track position.

It is what it is. I still managed to enjoy the race. Particularly when HAM took Alonso and Sainz. Great driving by Alonso too, who reminds me just how great a driver he is.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:59
What a shame. Poor old Norris, taken out by Bottas who just didn't break early enough, especially considering his loss of downforce being so close to Lando. Danny's car pushed around and damaged. We never had a chance to win it, but we might have been able to fight for a podium once we got into a good track position.

It is what it is. I still managed to enjoy the race. Particularly when HAM took Alonso and Sainz. Great driving by Alonso too, who reminds me just how great a driver he is.
Alonso proving once again that he still has it… Great drive from him.

Just a bad weekend… Luckily a full month to reset… I just hope Lando’s PU isn’t compromised after the incident

Morteza

Daniel's car after the incidents
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mwillems

Yeah, onwards and upwards.

Halfway through the season and a great season so far. Formula 1 has been topping up with excitement these past few years since Liberty took over, and Mclaren have been on the rise too in that period.

The summer break can't go quick enough.

-Bandit

mwillems

Morteza wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:18
https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status ... 89345?s=19
It should polish out.

Incidentally I just found footage of one of the posters who was suggesting DR had a poor race and should have been faster.

I wonder how long this will last here.

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

Morteza wrote:
I don't want to spark anything here, but Alonso had more damage in Baku 2018. However, he put that car in P7 back then. A car that was significantly worse compared to what McLaren has this year, both relatively and literally speaking.

Hungary is a tough track to overtake though, and Daniel has had problems with the car all season. The damage probably made it way worse for him in terms of feel.

To be honest, I am just writing this whole year off for Daniel. I hope he delivers in 2022.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:30
Morteza wrote:
I don't want to spark anything here, but Alonso had more damage in Baku 2018. However, he put that car in P7 back then. A car that was significantly worse compared to what McLaren has this year, both relatively and literally speaking.

Hungary is a tough track to overtake though, and Daniel has had problems with the car all season. The damage probably made it way worse for him in terms of feel.

To be honest, I am just writing this whole year off for Daniel. I hope he delivers in 2022.
We all saw how other drivers struggle to make a move with their cars in good condition… Even Lewis with a huge pace advantage struggled at times… Not counting Verstappen that also struggle to overtake at this track.

It was just the wrong track to try and make a comeback.

blastdoman
blastdoman

billamend wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:35
Bottas with 5-place penalty for Spa could be really important for McLaren
Its a --- joke

blastdoman
blastdoman

It can be worse because Vettel may be disqualified for not having the 1 fuel liter after the race. Perfect day!

CjC
CjC

blastdoman wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 20:21
It can be worse because Vettel may be disqualified for not having the 1 fuel liter after the race. Perfect day!
That would promote Sainz into 3rd so Ferrari would jump ahead of Ferrari on point which is far from ideal!
Just a fan's point of view