Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
thestig84
thestig84

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Sorry i stand corrected, well spotted.

WhiteBlue

Would it make sense to channel these intakes down to the gearbox level above the diffusor? Ah I see other have asked that question already.

and those could be the corresponding outlets
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 30 Jan 2010, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

tarzoon

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Conni, thank you for standing up and responding to someone being a complete asshole, Goony came on this site and enriched it with information that many of us appreciated, unfortunatly we have a couple assholes around here who probably because of jealousy or whatever pathetic "reasons" they have in their deluded little brains, mistreated and spoke badly of the man for no apparent reason.

As a friend to Goony please convey our apologies to him for the mistreatment he recieved by the minority of assholes on this site. His posts were informative and very appreciated and we regret his loss as a contributer. He added much more to this forum then the assholes which ridiculed him. Give him our best wishes in regard to his career, and our sympathies regarding his termination. Hopefully he can come back and continue to contribute.

Thank you again.
If I remember correctly, there was one post where Goony mentioned Button trying out his seat. This was one week before the announcement.

I can understand the grief, criticism and cynicism towards others, I just don't understand it when they don't prove the other person wrong.
Last edited by tarzoon on 30 Jan 2010, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

conni wrote:No deadzone, it was just bullsh*t from somebody who wanted to make new friends by being a know-it-all.

WHY would you say somthing as hurtfull as that about someone you dont even know?

I do know goony it was him that told me about this site thats why im here and I can tell you for a fact that he isnt a bullsh*ter, ive worked with him for about 5 years on and off at different teams and companies and he is probably one of the most experianced contractors out there and although he called it the dead zone this was just him using teamspeak they have really wierd names for things such as bingo wings these are attached to the side of the nosecone :wtf: and somthing else he called elvis trousers but i cant remember what they were for and so the deadzone is real but officially it wont be called THE DEADZONE infact i doubt it will be called anything as they wont want to draw attention to it

conni
Hi Goony *waves* :)

marcush.
marcush.

ISLAMATRON wrote:
conni wrote:
No deadzone, it was just bullsh*t from somebody who wanted to make new friends by being a know-it-all.
WHY would you say somthing as hurtfull as that about someone you dont even know?

I do know goony it was him that told me about this site thats why im here and I can tell you for a fact that he isnt a bullsh*ter, ive worked with him for about 5 years on and off at different teams and companies and he is probably one of the most experianced contractors out there and although he called it the dead zone this was just him using teamspeak they have really wierd names for things such as bingo wings these are attached to the side of the nosecone :wtf: and somthing else he called elvis trousers but i cant remember what they were for and so the deadzone is real but officially it wont be called THE DEADZONE infact i doubt it will be called anything as they wont want to draw attention to it

conni
Conni, thank you for standing up and responding to someone being a complete asshole, Goony came on this site and enriched it with information that many of us appreciated, unfortunatly we have a couple assholes around here who probably because of jealousy or whatever pathetic "reasons" they have in their deluded little brains, mistreated and spoke badly of the man for no apparent reason.

As a friend to Goony please convey our apologies to him for the mistreatment he recieved by the minority of assholes on this site. His posts were informative and very appreciated and we regret his loss as a contributer. He added much more to this forum then the assholes which ridiculed him. Give him our best wishes in regard to his career, and our sympathies regarding his termination. Hopefully he can come back and continue to contribute.

Thank you again.
+1

One and Only

This thing here could be another opening like BGP01 had last season.

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk." Tom Waits

jac
jac

wesley123 wrote:Seriously, that car is so radical, you almost start to think that they are going to dominate, they surely put everything for it to win both championships, wich they are surely able to, the car is refreshing, the tightest sidepods ever, now they are gonna show what they really can do.
Or maybe not. I'm no Macca fan, but even I have to admit that the car certainly "looks" well developed. Will they mount a consistent championship challenge this year..?? Too early to tell for sure. A fast "looking" car may turn out to be quite the opposite. Case in point, the MP-24 was a real looker when launched last year, and nearly everyone was tipping it for the title back then - but no, never happened.

With that in mind, thus judging the supposed performance of a car based on looks alone is highly unorthodox. I really do hope this car "proves me wrong" & goes on to win races, they deserve it after a horrible year - but there are no guarantees.

wesley123
wesley123

for once, please, IT ISNT A COOLING INLET.

It is the same as the previous mclarens, the thing pointed out is just a splitter to divert the air to the sides of the engine cover

EDIT: Yep, my conclusion might be a bit unorthodox(im a mclaren fan, so what'd you expect? :p), but as was said, they can dominate with this car, or they did it completely wrong(wich i doubt with an team like mclaren).
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ISLAMATRON

Diesel wrote:
conni wrote:No deadzone, it was just bullsh*t from somebody who wanted to make new friends by being a know-it-all.

conni
Hi Goony *waves* :)
HI ASSHOLE *waves*

ISLAMATRON

wesley123 wrote:for once, please, IT ISNT A COOLING INLET.

It is the same as the previous mclarens, the thing pointed out is just a splitter to divert the air to the sides of the engine cover

EDIT: Yep, my conclusion might be a bit unorthodox(im a mclaren fan, so what'd you expect? :p), but as was said, they can dominate with this car, or they did it completely wrong(wich i doubt with an team like mclaren).
Actually it is

ISLAMATRON

One and Only wrote:This thing here could be another opening like BGP01 had last season.

I think it is more likely a removeable panel to access the fuel inlet port.

One and Only

ISLAMATRON wrote:
One and Only wrote:This thing here could be another opening like BGP01 had last season.

Kinda doubt because of it's shape and position.
This is the thing you are talking about:

Richard
Richard

wesley123 wrote:for once, please, IT ISNT A COOLING INLET.

It is the same as the previous mclarens, the thing pointed out is just a splitter to divert the air to the sides of the engine cover.
Previous cars had a pillar in that location so air would pass behind the pillar and round the outside of the engine cover. See below.
One and Only wrote: Image

This year's car has a continuous engine cover, hence air is diverted by that splitter inside the engine cover.

We'll find out in Bahrain if it is ducted or just used to pass through the engine bay.

ISLAMATRON

One and Only wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:

Kinda doubt because of it's shape and position.
This is the thing you are talking about:
Have you taken into account that the fuel tanks are now about twice as large as last years? And that they no longer use the same fuel connectors that they did during pit stop refueling?

One and Only

Why wouldn't they?