German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

andrew wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:
andrew wrote:Austria 2002 was understandfable (not right though) as there was a championship at stake. This year there is not for Ferrari and it is inexcusable.
andrew wrote:As I saud, in 2002 there was a championship at stake. This year Ferrari havn't got a hope. They are too far behind.

your math doesn't add up at all... think before you post something like that please... [-X [-X [-X

No maths needed so [-X [-X [-X to you too.

Ferrarri got lucky in Germany. Vettel fluffed the start and the rest of the usual suspects fluffed qualifying. There is no way that Ferrari will consistantly beat McLaren and Red Bull for the rest of the season. Yes you too should think. [-X
So,basically what you're saying is that Alonso, being 34 points shy of Hamilton has no way of wining the WDC,or even being a contender for the WDC, with 8 races to go :?:
I really hope your math was for the constructors championship, becouse i agree with you that ferrari will fail there big times...
I was thinking about the WDC from the start... perhaps we misunderstood each other?
Last edited by Goran2812 on 28 Jul 2010, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

andrew wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:Okay, I understand your viewpoint, personally I don't agree just yet. I think they've had the pace the last few races. But I also think that McLaren and Red Bull will hit back. We'll see in a couple of races if you are right!

Edit: Oh and regarding that lying, if they are gonna go for team orders they don't really have any other choice but lying publicly since they are breaking the rules, really. So they don't have much of an option on that, suck for the fans that don't realize it though.
I'll start praying or I'll have to pedal backwards!

As for the lying, you're not wrong. It's all the stuff about it being the "team game" and trying to say it was Massa's decision. Just rerally hacked me off. We all heard the radio tranmissions.
Yeah, I agree. But with the show Smedly put on they didn't have much of a choice, did they? I can really see his intent with the way he acted, but in hindsight, I'm just wondering if it did actually hurt Massa more in the end rather than help him.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Goran2812 wrote:So,basically what you're saying is that Alonso, being 34 points shy of Hamilton has no way of wining the WDC,or even being a contender for the WDC, with 8 races to go :?:
I really hope your math was for the constructors championship, becouse i agree with you that ferrari will fail there big times...
I was thinking about the WDC from the start... perhaps we misunderstood each other?
I was actually thinking of both championships. As for the drivers championship, I can't see Ferrari being far enough ahead of McLaren or Red Bull at the next few races at the moment, but time will tell. They have maybe turned a huge corner and can put in Hockenheim style perfomances at most of the reamining tracks. You're right about the constructors though - the gap is pretty big.

andrew
andrew

imightbewrong wrote:Yeah, I agree. But with the show Smedly put on they didn't have much of a choice, did they? I can really see his intent with the way he acted, but in hindsight, I'm just wondering if it did actually hurt Massa more in the end rather than help him.
His message was so clearly stated and obvious he had to have been looking to create a poo-storm. If anything it showed Massa to be too much of a team player and as for Smedley I think it just shows how close he is with Massa that he is willing to put out a message that blatant, rather than saying save fuel or go to engine setting XX or left rear brake is too hot or something that can be easily explained.

Goran2812
Goran2812

andrew wrote: I was actually thinking of both championships. As for the drivers championship, I can't see Ferrari being far enough ahead of McLaren or Red Bull at the next few races at the moment, but time will tell. They have maybe turned a huge corner and can put in Hockenheim style perfomances at most of the reamining tracks. You're right about the constructors though - the gap is pretty big.
we'll just have to wait and see...
hungary will be a diferent game from hockenheim... but they'll be close...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

andrew
andrew

Very true. It'll be all about mechanical grip and good traction out of the corners.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Yea, I read that... my respect has Massa to wait to the 3rd "let him pass" and than make it so obvious to show the world what is really going on.

marcush.
marcush.

Alesi would have pushed the ignore button and battled it out..he did not win championships but was full of passion ...:-)

andrew
andrew

True about Alesi but I don't think he ever had a team mate that was like Alonso. Berger and Prost were probably the only team mates that would be considered as serious competition. I cannot see either of them begging their team to tell their team mate to let them past.

Mr Alcatraz

This situation reminds me of when Bill Clinton admitted he smoked ganja but insisted that didn't inhale :^o :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

marcush.
marcush.

andrew wrote:True about Alesi but I don't think he ever had a team mate that was like Alonso. Berger and Prost were probably the only team mates that would be considered as serious competition. I cannot see either of them begging their team to tell their team mate to let them past.
Berger was gifted one win by Senna ...and he was totally humilated by this ...did not even count this as one of his wins..I´m not sure if he gave up positions in races before to help Senna win the crown..does anyone remember?

WhiteBlue

Mark Webber wrote:They gave Felipe a good opportunity to win the grand prix as well. They gave him the chance to win the race up to the point where he couldn't pull away from Fernando. Obviously they had a decision in the team where the fastest guy in the team wins the race. The fastest guy on that day won the race. I still believe Massa has a chance to win this race here - a real chance to win. If he is fast enough to disappear, he will win the race. That was the opportunity he also had at Hockenheim. His first stint at Hockenheim was incredible, a very good first stint. The second stint obviously just wasn't quite fast enough to avoid the positions being moved around because they wanted the faster guy to win the grand prix.
I hope Mark remembers his words the next time his team mate is faster than he.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Can i ask a favour from someone that has access to the media section of the Mercedes site, what chassis did each driver use???

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Thanks.

That clears that one up!!