2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
tomazy
tomazy

Re: 2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

Williams again with the fastest pit stop.

godlameroso

ME4ME wrote:
godlameroso wrote:I don't like how salty Riccardo is being, he still drove a hell of a race, and he shouldn't take it out on the team like that. Yeah they cost themselves the win, but they also built the car that has the potential to win. It's a team sport they win and lose together.
Logically you might be right. But honestly Ricciardo has been faultless all season. He got screwed by Pirelli in China, by Kvyat in Russia, by strategy and Pirelli in Spain, and now by a massive blunder by Red Bull in Monaco. He is rightfully gutted. I really feel for him.. :(
Trust me I'm gutted too, nothing is worse than tasting victory only to have it snatched through no fault of your own. Hamilton had practically the same thing happen to him last year. He also took it a bit better. I'm glad he's human and wears his heart on his sleeve, but he can bounce back, he has the car to do it with now, he'll have other chances. In any case he's still doing a lot better than Ferrari, who are falling behind.

*If anything this should be even more motivation for him, because if they put it all together, use the right tires and get ahead they can stay ahead. I don't think Monaco was a one off, Red Bull are on the cusp of being contenders. They have good chances in Canada, Baku, Hungary, Singapore, Malaysia, U.S. and Abu-Dhabi.
Last edited by godlameroso on 29 May 2016, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Phil

Hamilton fan here; absolutely gutted for Ricciardo. What a stunning performance he showed today. Likewise, so did Hamilton.

About Dan calling out his team; i didnt feel he did that. He was asked a question and answered it. No reason to mask it. Mistakes happen, as did last year when Mercedes pitted Hamilton. I feel Dan would have deserved the win on the pace he had, but equally Hamilton drove masterful to keep him behind,even if this is Monaco.

About Rosberg and the brakes - if those were a problem, Hamilton should have had the same issues given he was limited by Rosbergs pace for quite some time.

Verstappen... not surprised. Actually, more surprised that he had the crash alone. I was expecting him to crash during an overtake... the guys at Redbull didt seem impressed (Marko) judging by their faces during the crash.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

siskue2005

Toto said Lewis had the same "issues" with the brakes. He just got a handle on getting them up to temp.

The_table

Verstappen had some nice overtakes.

jurinius
jurinius

GrayGreat wrote: ...
First of all, Hamilton would not have moved aside for Rosberg even if the team asked, so it was enough favour for Lewis that Rosberg moved aside because Hamilton was unable to pass that 'slow' Mercedes of Rosberg.

Second, Lewis did a great Race, but have to feel for Riccardo. It is easy to criticize him, but what Redbull did to him was the same as what Mercedes did to Lewis last year. Its okay that you like Lewis and you are happy for him, but saying that Riccardo is wrong, is not right IMO. We are not in his position so we should not be dictating how he should behave or not. And what does 'ginger' even mean?
First of all, Rosberg did the same thing he used to, struggling but staying in front. Even if he decided to move aside, he has more to loose than Hamilton being stubborn. He want the championship he should be correct on race otherwise the season will finish with Kimi as WDC.

Second, Lewis had the pace and he managed to finish the job today. The fastest lap confirm right settings and good tyre conservation. Ric was good but he and the team were on the edge so they fail in action.
Last edited by jurinius on 29 May 2016, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

justmoi
justmoi

f1316 wrote:
justmoi wrote: Wasn't even trying to be sarcastic, or offensive. Just the reality of their situation.

As for being in a stronger position with their package this year, i guess we could say the same for the top teams
I mean they're stronger relative to the pace; they got second in the race last year but we're still a fair amount off the pace. I think they're much closer this year - Q3 in both of the last races have seen them go backwards and I don't think is representative - so even if Red Bull have jumped ahead (and I don't think that'll be the case come Canada) it's still better to have a smaller gap to the leaders.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Nor do I think you fundamentally disagree with what I'm saying. They've produced a heck of an impressive car this year. It's incredibly fast. But whether car or team they just seem yet again short of where they want to be

gray41

Honey Badger angry.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

f1316
f1316

justmoi wrote:
f1316 wrote:
justmoi wrote: Wasn't even trying to be sarcastic, or offensive. Just the reality of their situation.

As for being in a stronger position with their package this year, i guess we could say the same for the top teams
I mean they're stronger relative to the pace; they got second in the race last year but we're still a fair amount off the pace. I think they're much closer this year - Q3 in both of the last races have seen them go backwards and I don't think is representative - so even if Red Bull have jumped ahead (and I don't think that'll be the case come Canada) it's still better to have a smaller gap to the leaders.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Nor do I think you fundamentally disagree with what I'm saying. They've produced a heck of an impressive car this year. It's incredibly fast. But whether car or team they just seem yet again short of where they want to be
No, indeed, I agree with that assessment.

I do think that 45 points is not as much as it sounds though (like 15 points or so in the old system) so if they could get on top of their issues shortly they'll still have a shot of a championship run. I think it's quite unlikely but still possible - particularly if, as rumour has it, the turbo issue preventing them running full power at the end of the straights is fixed there - and worth noting that Vettel has actually closed down the gap to Nico by 20 points in the last two races (due to nico's issues of course).

justmoi
justmoi

Virtual safety car is turning out to be a brilliant idea. I've lost track with all that was going on during the race but after the first safety car I don't think we saw the SC again with all the crashes all. Thereby avoiding the lottery and delays.

I'm going to watch the race again now

Racer X

FORCE INDIA '!!!!!!!

Sergio Drove really well and faster then anyone for many laps thanks to this he was able to get 3rd. Well done Checo for Force India.

BUT BACK TO THE REAL CONTROVERSIAL performance of Monaco today. The Redbull Pit team they lost the race for Ricciardo RedBull had the win.

Lewis Hamilton ran a great race he didn't do anything wrong.

But let's be honest RedBull lost this race on their own'. I hate that he lost because it wasn't lost in the track.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

wickedz50
wickedz50

siskue2005 wrote:Toto said Lewis had the same "issues" with the brakes. He just got a handle on getting them up to temp.
Toto...my friend all marketing gimmicks, Ros had a mclaren engine fitted today and that too the 2015 one.... :wtf:

justmoi
justmoi

f1316 wrote:
justmoi wrote:
f1316 wrote:
No, indeed, I agree with that assessment.

I do think that 45 points is not as much as it sounds though (like 15 points or so in the old system) so if they could get on top of their issues shortly they'll still have a shot of a championship run. I think it's quite unlikely but still possible - particularly if, as rumour has it, the turbo issue preventing them running full power at the end of the straights is fixed there - and worth noting that Vettel has actually closed down the gap to Nico by 20 points in the last two races (due to nico's issues of course).
Possible. But unlikely

wickedz50
wickedz50

justmoi wrote:Virtual safety car is turning out to be a brilliant idea. I've lost track with all that was going on during the race but after the first safety car I don't think we saw the SC again with all the crashes all. Thereby avoiding the lottery and delays.

I'm going to watch the race again now
Yea thats how Lewis was robbed of his win last year..c'on man u must be kidding...
Wonder if the bookies r fixing F1 these days...

justmoi
justmoi

Team radio ban has done nothing for the racing and in fact has been a step back. Taking away from some of the viewing. I know not a total ban