MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2013

SectorOne wrote:Yea it looks like he´s breaking physics on corner entry. I had no idea you could even do that sort of thing without crashing :)
Yea the Honda is clearly superior and unless Yamaha pulls something out of their hat it will be a Cinderella story for Marquez.

Rossi is a tricky one.. he´s probably got the best racecraft out of anyone, ever. it´s just ridiculous how he finds openings sometimes.
But his raw pace is gone, they say it´s because he can´t get heat into the tires but it just seems like he´s too slow over a lap these days.

Given the right circumstances he can win but that´s about it. Personally i would have liked to see Cal, he´s been on form lately.
Yeh I think Rossi is a tricky one too.

I do think he has probably lost some of his hunger and because of that his pace, but lets face it, at 34 you don't really want to be throwing yourself at the gravel traps too often. The other front runners, Cal, Pedrosa, MM, Lorenzo have all had multiple offs during quali. Rossi, to my memory has not, I just don't think he is pushing as hard. I also don't think he has the bike dialled in, Spies was nowhere compared to Lorenzo last year, I think it is going to take a while before Rossi is comfortable on that bike.

I desperately want to see him win another championship.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Watching Marquez is interesting, he seems to be bringing a completely different style compared to anyone else. The honda naturally has a tendancy to slide at the rear compared to other bikes, it is the kind of bike where you need to throw it in deep on the brakes, stand it up as early as possible and rely on great traction and power to bolt you out of the corner. Marquez is using the slide of his back wheel to slow him down on corner entry, thus allowing him to brake deeper into the corner, and when he allows the rear wheel to bite itis in a better position to get the power down out of the corner. Dani does this too, but not nearly as much as MM, MM is an extreme.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

My goodness me, what a qualifying session.

Who is the fastest rider, Lorenzo clearly has a bike down on power and a few gadgets, but he was just nipped by Marquez who is riding the better bike admittedly but I don't know if Lorenzo could ride it in manner MM can.

It is amazing to watch the contrasting styles.

Pedrosa has lost his mojo a bit which is a shame.

Shrieker

MotoGP just keeps getting better and better these days. But this tme i can't help but feel this race was the climax of the season and we won't see another battle as exicing as this one. I hope I'm proven wrong tho. M&M, what a racer he is, dislocated shoulder morning of, but still managed to take the fight to Lorenzo. Full props to Jorge though; Rossi should take note. Unfortunately I think he's past it...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Shrieker wrote:MotoGP just keeps getting better and better these days. But this tme i can't help but feel this race was the climax of the season and we won't see another battle as exicing as this one. I hope I'm proven wrong tho. M&M, what a racer he is, dislocated shoulder morning of, but still managed to take the fight to Lorenzo. Full props to Jorge though; Rossi should take note. Unfortunately I think he's past it...
I fear he might be past it too, his doesn't have the pace of the front 3 with exception of that one race in Assen, and the first race at the start of this season.

I desperately want to see him win another championship, but I just don't think he is willing to put it on the line anymore.

Hard to pick out who performed better this weekend, Lorenzo or MM. What MM did was incredible, it was like he wasn't injured at all, but I think I would give the rider of the weekend to Lorenzo. I think he is on a slower bike, but he just manages to stick it right where he needs to. He always is there or there abouts. He is going to have his work cut out with MM though, that's for sure.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I can't believe I missed today's race! Marquez was denied the fifth consecutive win.

And the stuff that riders go through compared to four wheeled drivers is incredible. Drivers rarely get hurt on track, it's always training or playing tennis. But Marquez came back and almost won after dislocating his shoulder.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

mx_tifoso wrote:I can't believe I missed today's race! Marquez was denied the fifth consecutive win.

And the stuff that riders go through compared to four wheeled drivers is incredible. Drivers rarely get hurt on track, it's always training or playing tennis. But Marquez came back and almost won after dislocating his shoulder.
Yeh, there is no comparison between MotoGP and F1 at the moment. It's incredible, every race it top notch. The qualifying this weekend was just out of this world. I think everyone forget just how super fast Lorenzo is too.

Huntresa
Huntresa

JimClarkFan wrote:
mx_tifoso wrote:I can't believe I missed today's race! Marquez was denied the fifth consecutive win.

Yeh, there is no comparison between MotoGP and F1 at the moment. It's incredible, every race it top notch. The qualifying this weekend was just out of this world. I think everyone forget just how super fast Lorenzo is too.
I agree its top notch in terms of action etc, but its still just 1 and a half team fighting for a win, wouldnt we and everyone else like it to be more teams fighting for wins ?

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Huntresa wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:

I agree its top notch in terms of action etc, but its still just 1 and a half team fighting for a win, wouldnt we and everyone else like it to be more teams fighting for wins ?
Of course, and the new rules are aiming towards that, every team will be able to buy a prototype factory bike next season, similar to what Bradl and Tech 3 have. Additionally I seriously expect a step up from Ducati in the next few years, and Suzuki are reported to be coming back in the next year or two as well. Yes it is annoying that there are only 2 teams battling at the front, but the action from that is much more interesting that F1 for my money.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Of course, and the new rules are aiming towards that, every team will be able to buy a prototype factory bike next season, similar to what Bradl and Tech 3 have. Additionally I seriously expect a step up from Ducati in the next few years, and Suzuki are reported to be coming back in the next year or two as well. Yes it is annoying that there are only 2 teams battling at the front, but the action from that is much more interesting that F1 for my money.

I feel its on par with F1 when its tight, but issue is F1 isnt tight every race like Motogp has almost been this year.

SectorOne

Best MotoGP race i have ever seen. Holy crap is all i have to say about the last few laps.

BMW is rumored to come in soon as well, they already have an engine in there which is a good sign.
Think it will be 2015 though.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

aleks_ader

SectorOne wrote:BMW is rumored to come in soon as well, they already have an engine in there which is a good sign.
Source?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

SectorOne

aleksandergreat wrote:
SectorOne wrote:BMW is rumored to come in soon as well, they already have an engine in there which is a good sign.
Source?
I can´t find it atm, i should have saved it.

It was a german article and a recent one, from this year.
There are many old ones from 2012 and even words from BMW saying Yamaha and Honda are killing the sport etc.

But basically it talked about the S1000RR engine they have in MotoGP right now and compared the hp to the big two.
And that them leaving WSBK was the start to setting up a full on MotoGP program in 2015.

It´s all rumors so hardly worth anything but i found it quite interesting to say the least.
I know BMW said they wanted to prove themselves in WSBK first and they have won a few races by now i think.

I´ll see if i can dig it out.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Boom, i just searched BMW MotoGP after i wrote that post and found it,

http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/41 ... W-aus.html
BMW today announced the phasing out of the Superbike World Championship. Meanwhile the stage for an official entry into the MotoGP World Championship will be provided.
The not unexpected withdrawal of BMW from the World Superbike Championship at year-end is probably to be regarded as final confirmation of the exclusive message of SPEEDWEEK.com that heralded the gradual entry of BMW in the MotoGP World Championship before the Sachsenring GP two weeks ago .

The Italian Came Iodaracing team owner Giampiero Sacchi left already hinted that he will receive the latest development stage of the BMW Superbike racing engines in the near future for Danilo Petrucci and Lukas Pesek.
So far, only the penultimate stage of development has always delivered.
Danilo Petrucci landed with such a vehicle on Sunday at Laguna Seca at least 13 Point.
2014, the BMW four-cylinder making 245 hp instead of 232.

BMW: 2014 with 245 hp, then 260 hp
Bayern hope the Suter-BMW in 2014 will reach with these 245-horsepower engines top ten places.
As a next step, BMW wants to miss the four-cylinder S 1000RR 2015 with pneumatic valves for the next performance boost to 260 hp. The corresponding pneumatic technology is sufficiently available from the BMW Formula 1 era.
In Munich want to BMW Motorcycle chief Stephan Schaller and Dr. Christian Landerl, make head series and development, soon the political course for the official MotoGP entry and the start of the construction and development of this 1000 cc prototype engine give 260 hp. The development of the rolling chassis could be the Swiss Suter Racing Technology accept
Earliest in the 2015 season BMW factory could compete in the premier class.
Then Suzuki comes back.
As long as BMW officially hidden behind the Iodaracing team as an engine supplier, as (Hernandez Laverty) makes Aprilia in a similar manner to Power Electronics (Aleix Espargaró de Puniet) Cardion AB Racing moto (Abraham) and Paul Bird Motorsport, Suter applies BMW used as Claiming Rule motorcycle, so könnenpro season twelve instead of five engines per race and 24 instead of 20 liters of fuel.
However, the complete standard ECU (software and hardware) from Magneti Marelli must be used.
The official works teams can pack for four prototype their own software into the Magneti-Marelli hardware.
It Came Iodaracing team looking for 2014 already stronger driving skills staff.
Perhaps even Marco Melandri MotoGP World Championship runner on Gresini Honda in 2005 and so far a total of 20 MotoGP podium finishes (five wins), be persuaded to MotoGP comeback.
As a newcomer, BMW is likely to use as a factory team in 2015 or 2016 and nine instead of five engines.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:Boom, i just searched BMW MotoGP after i wrote that post and found it,

http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/41 ... W-aus.html
BMW today announced the phasing out of the Superbike World Championship. Meanwhile the stage for an official entry into the MotoGP World Championship will be provided.
The not unexpected withdrawal of BMW from the World Superbike Championship at year-end is probably to be regarded as final confirmation of the exclusive message of SPEEDWEEK.com that heralded the gradual entry of BMW in the MotoGP World Championship before the Sachsenring GP two weeks ago .

The Italian Came Iodaracing team owner Giampiero Sacchi left already hinted that he will receive the latest development stage of the BMW Superbike racing engines in the near future for Danilo Petrucci and Lukas Pesek.
So far, only the penultimate stage of development has always delivered.
Danilo Petrucci landed with such a vehicle on Sunday at Laguna Seca at least 13 Point.
2014, the BMW four-cylinder making 245 hp instead of 232.

BMW: 2014 with 245 hp, then 260 hp
Bayern hope the Suter-BMW in 2014 will reach with these 245-horsepower engines top ten places.
As a next step, BMW wants to miss the four-cylinder S 1000RR 2015 with pneumatic valves for the next performance boost to 260 hp. The corresponding pneumatic technology is sufficiently available from the BMW Formula 1 era.
In Munich want to BMW Motorcycle chief Stephan Schaller and Dr. Christian Landerl, make head series and development, soon the political course for the official MotoGP entry and the start of the construction and development of this 1000 cc prototype engine give 260 hp. The development of the rolling chassis could be the Swiss Suter Racing Technology accept
Earliest in the 2015 season BMW factory could compete in the premier class.
Then Suzuki comes back.
As long as BMW officially hidden behind the Iodaracing team as an engine supplier, as (Hernandez Laverty) makes Aprilia in a similar manner to Power Electronics (Aleix Espargaró de Puniet) Cardion AB Racing moto (Abraham) and Paul Bird Motorsport, Suter applies BMW used as Claiming Rule motorcycle, so könnenpro season twelve instead of five engines per race and 24 instead of 20 liters of fuel.
However, the complete standard ECU (software and hardware) from Magneti Marelli must be used.
The official works teams can pack for four prototype their own software into the Magneti-Marelli hardware.
It Came Iodaracing team looking for 2014 already stronger driving skills staff.
Perhaps even Marco Melandri MotoGP World Championship runner on Gresini Honda in 2005 and so far a total of 20 MotoGP podium finishes (five wins), be persuaded to MotoGP comeback.
As a newcomer, BMW is likely to use as a factory team in 2015 or 2016 and nine instead of five engines.
That is good news. The more factory bikes the better imo.