Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cmF1

Re: Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

FrukostScones wrote:
Raleigh wrote:Not just a F15-T, if those yellow renders are to be believed then the Haas car is an evolution of the F15-T (shorter nose, new wings, pushrod front suspension etc). Plus of course 2016 Ferrari engine and Grosjean...

And that's just the launch spec.

Could be very interesting if Haas can get up to speed quickly.
and handing Ferrari all tha CFD and Windtunnel time...

Serious cheating in my opinion.

Don't think the paddock wil be delighted by a very strong HAAS...
If it's clearly within the rules it's not cheating though. An EXTREME interpretation of the rules admittedly...
プラスとマイナス

turbof1

I can vouch for that. It's very much against the spirit of the rules, but then again the spirit of the rules is almost non-existent in F1. Ultimately I can't help to admire this kind of clever thinking.
#AeroFrodo

Raleigh
Raleigh

Was indeed very clever, and god knows we could use a challenge to Mercedes (hence FIA not being too upset)

cmF1

If Haas are a Ferrari B team in all but name, it makes you wonder why Hispania/Caterham/Virgin didn't go this route? Any of the existing teams could of turned them into a fairly decent midfield team overnight.
プラスとマイナス

FrukostScones

cmF1 wrote:If Haas are a Ferrari B team in all but name, it makes you wonder why Hispania/Caterham/Virgin didn't go this route? Any of the existing teams could of turned them into a fairly decent midfield team overnight.
U.S.A. U.S.A.

biggest Ferrari Market
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Gridlock

cmF1 wrote:
charly0418 wrote:Perez just said in a Press Conference here in Mexico that this years Haas car is pretty much the 2015 Ferrari. Damn
But that's like me saying this years Force India will have a narrow front wing, low rear wing, and a 1991 Honda V12 in the back. At the end of the day it's all baseless until the car is launched.
You're forgetting a certain German manufacturer's request for 'clarity' on the rules.

Logically the 2016 Haas was always going to be made of bits of the 2015 Ferrari, once you realised (as they did) they could do unlimited wind tunnel hours etc.

It was very gracious of Ferrari to let Shell take the credit for their increasing competitiveness :D

charly0418
charly0418

cmF1 wrote:
charly0418 wrote:Perez just said in a Press Conference here in Mexico that this years Haas car is pretty much the 2015 Ferrari. Damn
But that's like me saying this years Force India will have a narrow front wing, low rear wing, and a 1991 Honda V12 in the back. At the end of the day it's all baseless until the car is launched.
this is the speculation thread :D

ringo

cmF1 wrote:If Haas are a Ferrari B team in all but name, it makes you wonder why Hispania/Caterham/Virgin didn't go this route? Any of the existing teams could of turned them into a fairly decent midfield team overnight.
Budget and Pride
For Sure!!

SteveRacer

Those 3 teams didn't have the cash. They all came into F1 with the assumption serious cost caps were coming. If they could have spent the money to be competitive they surely would have, it wasn't their pride getting in the way.

cmF1

charly0418 wrote:
cmF1 wrote:
this is the speculation thread :D
Touché!! :)
プラスとマイナス

Italiano
Italiano

FrukostScones wrote: Serious cheating in my opinion.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Radley
Radley

and handing Ferrari all tha CFD and Windtunnel time...

Serious cheating in my opinion.

Don't think the paddock wil be delighted by a very strong HAAS...[/quote]
If it's clearly within the rules it's not cheating though. An EXTREME interpretation of the rules admittedly...[/quote]

The FIA won't let Haas use the Haas wind tunnel...

denisjp
denisjp

Formula One teams have always been extreme in rules interpretation. FIA said nothing, so I guess it's within the rules.

wuzak
wuzak

denisjp wrote:Formula One teams have always been extreme in rules interpretation. FIA said nothing, so I guess it's within the rules.
The FIA did investigate, and found nothing wrong.

FrukostScones

BRAWN also were cheating.

but I liked :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.