HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

Wrong as well, Timo Glock did a best time of 01:19.338

bill shoe
bill shoe

Fil wrote:Monaco GP2 Thurs Quali

1. 01:21.781
2. 01:21.876
3. 01:21.991
4. 01:22.198

Monaco F1 Thurs Prac 1 & 2 Best Times

T. Glock 01:21.815
N. Karthikeyan 01:22.066
V. Liuzzi 01:22.840

#-o
I'm a fan of HRT and Virgin, but from a technical point of view I have to agree the comparison between GP2 and F1 is significant.

GP2 cars weigh almost 100 lbs more, use the same tires, and have ~200 hp less. I don't know anything about their downforce levels, but GP2 does emphasize styling as a part of bodywork design which can't help.

So I'd think any technical minded F1 fan would be intrigued by the comparison.

Muulka
Muulka

bill shoe wrote:
Fil wrote:Monaco GP2 Thurs Quali

1. 01:21.781
2. 01:21.876
3. 01:21.991
4. 01:22.198

Monaco F1 Thurs Prac 1 & 2 Best Times

T. Glock 01:21.815
N. Karthikeyan 01:22.066
V. Liuzzi 01:22.840

#-o
I'm a fan of HRT and Virgin, but from a technical point of view I have to agree the comparison between GP2 and F1 is significant.

GP2 cars weigh almost 100 lbs more, use the same tires, and have ~200 hp less. I don't know anything about their downforce levels, but GP2 does emphasize styling as a part of bodywork design which can't help.

So I'd think any technical minded F1 fan would be intrigued by the comparison.
They also have full-length ground effect tunnels...

mith

It's also worth mentioning, Monaco isn't your typical downforce track, where F1 car's merits would be more visible ;)

marcush.
marcush.

but you would not expect that a one make series car could post times close to something purpose made ..on the same tyres (but don´t they use only the hardest compound?)..
It surely puts the technology level of HRT and Virgin in a context and reality is sometimes very hard ..lap time is not grown on trees.It can prove very very difficult to find the weak link preventing you from going quicker.Even the big teams seem at a loss to discribe where they lack ..apart from: Downforce... there is more to it ..and the deeper you dig in the more obvious it is that only well balanced systems allow you to extract things thought impossible.

bill shoe
bill shoe

HRT will race due to having P3 times within 107% of the fastest Q1. This is logical and fair, unlike the Indy 500 where a non-qualifier simply bought a qualified car from someone else. Tough weekend for HRT but their race starts are basically earned.

charan0790
charan0790

Any news about the wind tunnel testing from hrt?
what about the blown diffusers?? When are FIA going to clear the situation?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

charan0790 wrote:Any news about the wind tunnel testing from hrt?
what about the blown diffusers?? When are FIA going to clear the situation?
Will be starting Late August/Early September (at the earliest) and they will be using most of the time avalable for the 2012 car would be my guess.

They need to get their design office set up first, whitch id recon they are about 60% completed that now. All they need is the staff to staff it propperly.

They will start to update the F111 in Canada, however dont expect much, probably enough to gap to Virgin (and posibly overtake) and then go from understanding from there onward.

They need to get their infrustructure in place for 2012 to make sure they can gap to Team Lotus would be my guess.

charan0790
charan0790

it would be good news if they start out-qualifying the virgins, and hope the car for 2012 goes under full development cycle. Geoff willis has a good resume, so we can hope something better then this year, although they have been ok this season closing the gap on virgins. comeon some one out there sponsor them!!!!!!

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Jose Carabante has mentioned he doesn't want those stupid messages on his cars now and he is in advanced negotiations with 2 Spanish companies too....

@ ESP, do we think Hispania will have a blown diffuser this year? especially after Colin Kolles was so up in the air about it!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id expect to see Hispania exploit another loophole, the loophole that Cosworth are predicting to be exploited soon.

Could they put a EBD, yes, but will the i doubt it. Could be wrong. This canada upgrade will be their one big one, with a couple of detail ones later. Then they will start to understand what they have and exploit that, whitch is woth up to 1 second alone as we saw with Mercedes last year.

What im expecting is Hispania to gain a couple of tenths from having Sponsorship. The 2 big spanish brands ive heard that are wanting to back Hispania are Telefonica and Repsol, who need the exposure. But what im also expecting is for them to stipulate that if Alguersauri gets the boot at Toro Rosso for him to get a seat at Hispania. Whitch leaves 3 drivers into 2 seats... Doesnt go.

So what id expect is for Liuzzi to take a back seat for the rest of the season and come back again next as i think that Hispania are now wishing they never took the €21m from TATA for Karthekeyn as they are either not getting the TATA money and/or they want a driver that is faster that can extract that little extra from the car now.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

@ ESP - Great knowledge!!!

If Hispania managed to get Repsol and Telefonica sponsorship they would be well funded for a long time.

Also if they had a long term partnership of Liuzzi and Alguersauri, they would have the Technical know how and the up to date speed of Jaimie.

The Canada upgrade, do you know more of what we should expect?

Sebp

ESPImperium wrote:This canada upgrade will be their one big one, with a couple of detail ones later. Then they will start to understand what they have and exploit that, whitch is woth up to 1 second alone as we saw with Mercedes last year.
Is Norbert Haug with HRT now?
ESPImperium wrote:What im expecting is Hispania to gain a couple of tenths from having Sponsorship.
Haha, yeah those repsol stickers are quite aerodynamic!

charan0790
charan0790

if Alguersauri is getting the boot at Toro Rosso...then he is no gud either, referring to the comments about narain... 8)

charan0790
charan0790

this may well be more than a mere financial support, if we think of how the group activity’s scales are wide, despite the growing part of the group in the automotive sector. Karthikeyan’s choice may receive criticism on the grounds of sport. Tata could have transferred the sponsoring towards Chandhok, but links must have been too strong. But financially and technically, this may be a new proof that Kolles can maintain to life the weakest teams – to the detriment of performance, it is true, but Kolles’ method is imposing such a sacrifice. Let’s qualify those who criticized or are criticizing the fact that Karthikeyan has always been a pay driver. At the end of 2003, his World Series Nissan performances granted him a test with Minardi, after which he was proposed a wheel for 2004. Nothing happened afterwards, for Narain could not gather the required funds