2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

GPR-A wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:17
TAG wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:13
dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 13:49

I'd have a problem paying him for not completing 25% of a race.
Part of the payments teams get is for TV camera time, so if a drive does pull out of a race because he's frustrated, it costs the team money.
Team has said, they are already trialing 2018 parts, so it would still be beneficial to bolt things and keep testing. It would be fun, to pit for a couple of minute or so, change parts and then send again. Who will stop that?
Trust me, if the team wasn't OK with it. He wouldn't do it.

BTW, "the team" and Honda aren't 1 and the same in this instance.
Last edited by diffuser on 24 Oct 2017, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

dren

diffuser wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:51
GPR-A wrote:
TAG wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:13

Part of the payments teams get is for TV camera time, so if a drive does pull out of a race because he's frustrated, it costs the team money.
Team has said, they are already trialing 2018 parts, so it would still be beneficial to bolt things and keep testing. It would be fun, to pit for a couple of minute or so, change parts and then send again. Who will stop that?
I don't trust you, especially when F1 drivers continuously do things against team orders or FIA rules.
Honda!

diffuser

dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:58
diffuser wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:51
GPR-A wrote:
I don't trust you, especially when F1 drivers continuously do things against team orders or FIA rules.

You don't have to trust me ....

They extended HIS contract..... tells me they're happy with him. They're not so so happy with everyone else.

Joseki
Joseki

The team was happy with Alonso and unhappy with Honda. Some here believe they should have been happy with Honda and unhappy with Alonso.

Someone is going to suffer for the fourth year next year (and it's not going to be me).

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

dren

I couldn't care less for Alonso, doesn't mean he isn't quick in the car. He is Mclaren's best option of available drivers, so it makes sense to retain him.
Honda!

santos
santos

dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 17:36
I couldn't care less for Alonso, doesn't mean he isn't quick in the car. He is Mclaren's best option of available drivers, so it makes sense to retain him.
I belive that is good for both. If Alonso wanted to stay in F1, then Mclaren was the only place available. And Mclaren, at the moment it's not very atractive to another top driver. More then making sense... it was the only way.

makecry
makecry

etusch wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 09:13
makecry wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 04:52
etusch wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:14
Ok if Hasegawa I believe :)
Well Hasegawa said after Spa too that they decided to box Fernando but it didnt stop a lot of idiots from saying he "parked" it.
I remember that Hasegawa said they didn't find anything wrong with engine
This is what he said,

Honda F1 engine chief Yusuke Hasegawa said : "He radioed in with what he thought was a problem with the car, and although there was nothing showing in the data, we decided to stop the car as a precaution."

What does it mean? Honda decided to stop the car. They asked Fernando to box and stop. Alonso didnt just drive into the pits and park it.

McHonda
McHonda

Hasegawa also admitted in Monza that they had to change something in the same engine that they couldn't find any obvious fault in Belgium after it happened again in FP in Monza a week later when they used the engine again .

FF1: "About Alonso's abandonment at Spa, do you think it was deliberate on his part or was there some kind of problem really? Yusuke Hasegawa: " Although the engine showed no obvious signs of problems in Spa's telemetry , it is true that in the Monza frees there was a setback with the same propeller that required intervention on our part."
https://www.formulaf1.es/61564/entrevis ... ano-viene/

McHonda
McHonda

So, again. we have no evidence, none at all, that he's retiring the car on purpose.

The worst thing he did/does is cry 'Engine' at any and all sudden problem but I think I can forgive that as 90% of the time it turns out to be true.

loner

honda is a lost case its over hasegawa said they will surpass Renault before the end of 2017 did you guys not see Verstappen start from 16 and almost got a podium while ALO start 8 and like an old man coughing couldn't advance over a Force India before the powerunit like the last 36 months just broke down.
perhaps they will come good after 2021 i respect their efforts but i disrespect lies and fake promises.
para bellum.

etusch

makecry wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 19:04
etusch wrote:
makecry wrote:

Well Hasegawa said after Spa too that they decided to box Fernando but it didnt stop a lot of idiots from saying he "parked" it.
This is what he said,

Honda F1 engine chief Yusuke Hasegawa said : "He radioed in with what he thought was a problem with the car, and although there was nothing showing in the data, we decided to stop the car as a precaution."

What does it mean? Honda decided to stop the car. They asked Fernando to box and stop. Alonso didnt just drive into the pits and park it.
There is nothing showing in data, there is nothing found later check. Say who wanted to pull the car from race saying engine problem. When you shut your eyes nothing disappear

etusch

loner wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 21:25
honda is a lost case its over hasegawa said they will surpass Renault before the end of 2017 did you guys not see Verstappen start from 16 and almost got a podium while ALO start 8 and like an old man coughing couldn't advance over a Force India before the powerunit like the last 36 months just broke down.
perhaps they will come good after 2021 i respect their efforts but i disrespect lies and fake promises.
Yes Renault engine is better than Merc engine too. Because Verstappen started from 16 and passed Bottas too. this is benefit of engine.

makecry
makecry

etusch wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 22:27
makecry wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 19:04
etusch wrote:

This is what he said,

There is nothing showing in data, there is nothing found later check. Say who wanted to pull the car from race saying engine problem. When you shut your eyes nothing disappear
It doesn't matter. It's a classic case of wanting to see what you want to see.

They could easily have said "Fernando, we see nothing wrong with the car. Please continue". Like they have said before.

Instead of that they decided to retire the car.

Alonso didnt drive into the pits on his own accord. He felt something was wrong so he told the engineers and the engineers asked him to box.

loner

etusch wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 22:30
loner wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 21:25
Yes Renault engine is better than Merc engine too. Because Verstappen started from 16 and passed Bottas too. this is benefit of engine.
yeah i used to live on on cloud 9 my self :lol: keep defending the mighty honda :mrgreen:
if you think the RedBull strong performance is solely due to the chassis good luck with that.
para bellum.

adrianjordan

dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 13:49
diffuser wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 05:30
makecry wrote:

I don't have a problem with Alonzo parking it when he's running 15th and has no chance of moving forward and has put in 75% of the race.
I'd have a problem paying him for not completing 25% of a race.
But no problem with the Honda PU not completing even that much of several races??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️