Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

mika vs michael wrote:Ross Brawn finally coming back?
I heard that too. But it seems it was straight away denied, so who know where the truth lies..

Anyway, reportedly Marco M is also leaving the F1 team and will return to north america, to his former duties, and Arrivabene ,a close friend of Mr.E and important member of the marlboro corporation in europe will take charge of the team in the coming days.
it could very well be that Ferrari wants to emulate Mecedes succes by dividing the responsabilities between several people who will each take charge of one aspect of management: tehcnical on one side, PR the other side with politics and so on...

but what is more intriguing is that Aldo Costa is also rumored to come back to maranello... knowing how his relationship with the team ended in 2011, it don't really see that happening. Even if ferrari would probably give him loads of money to come back, i don't think merc' will allow him to leave so quickly.

what strikes me these last days is how many new satff is coming to maranello, the large number of changes being made is very important, if all of this is confirmed , i really don't think it's a good idea to hire so many people in such a small time frame. a real period of unrest at Ferrari... :?:

alexx_88
alexx_88

I think there has been a huge political battle between LdM and Marchionne with the final victim being Mattiacci. Unless the hiring of the rumored 60 people in the technical staff has been decided by the new team principal, it all seems like a colossal organizational blunder at Ferrari. Succeeding in Formula 1 requires a highly-organized, highly-efficient team and, considering that Ferrari are just desperately throwing money at the problem, I don't see them getting back to winning anytime soon.

Even if the new TP gets installed in the next few weeks and, through a miracle, manages to get all the key staff in place over the winter, it will still take those department heads close to a year to get their internal teams right. This being Ferrari, by the time they do all that and be ready to create a decent 2017 car, they'll probably be fired for lack of results and the cycle will repeat.

MOWOG

Your view and mine are pretty much the same, Alex. I think Marchionne is much too personally involved in the running of the team and has a secondary agenda which is involved with driving up the price of Fiat/Chryser stock and increasing his personal net worth.

Anyone who has been around life's race track a lap or two knows that changes ALWAYS mean going backward before you can go forward. The more changes you make, the more you delay the benefits. There is an air of desperation surrounding Ferrari at the moment. It is hard for people to make good decision when someone is squeezing their testicles. :wtf:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Kiril Varbanov

Maurizio Arrivabene is expected to be announced by Ferrari this or next week. It seems that Pat Fry has smaller chances of leading a project. It is expected that Vettel will bring a lot of insight as well. Closing the gap to Mercedes will require money, which the Marlboro man is expected to assure.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

frosty125
frosty125

Sounds like a good choice for the commercial side but not for the technical or racing side. I think Ferrari need to go the way of Mercedes and McLaren. A chairman, a commercial director and a racing director.

Kiril Varbanov

Yeah, that came faster than I was told. Anyway, I'll be curious to understand what's going to happen to Mattiaci. Some say he had interviews with Aston Martin... The poor handling and thus large financial outcome of Alonso's departure did not help...

WaikeCU

Does the announcement of Maurizio Arrivabene cause further restructuring inside Ferrari? With that I mean from top to bottom? For instance is Kimi's seat in danger with this announcement?

Sombrero
Sombrero

Comincia male per Sebastian Vettel : He discusses with Domenicali, he signs with Mattiacci and he has already a new boss with Arrivabene...

Last edited by Sombrero on 24 Nov 2014, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

SidSidney
SidSidney

MOWOG wrote:Your view and mine are pretty much the same, Alex. I think Marchionne is much too personally involved in the running of the team and has a secondary agenda which is involved with driving up the price of Fiat/Chryser stock and increasing his personal net worth.
Marchionne is an excellent manager and hardly an egoist. He's brought both Fiat and Chrysler to another level. He's also on the board of PMI, Marlboro's parent company, and probably knows Arrivabene from that connection.

Frankly Ferrari is a toy for him - any business turning over $300M-$400M a year barely registers on the daily business agenda for a manager at that level; Fiat turns over $86 billion annually, and has a balance sheet of another $86B. Yes, it is highly visible, at least to some people, but it's a bauble, and won't move the needle for Fiat stock.

I would expect him to appoint a guy he trusts and then step out of the way and let him get on with it.
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Don't really understand how you can sack a manager when they have not even been there one season.

CBeck113
CBeck113

As far as I remember he was appointed as an interim manager, which means he's done when the time has run out...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Unc1eM0nty

Yeah I think he was always a stop gap until they could find the right person or people, he was a sales man with no racing pedigree after all, Montezemolo just needed someone he could trust.

I'm surprised they don't have a position for him elsewhere in the company, he had been successful in his previous roles.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

He seemed very competent and self assured.

If what you say is true then sacked is not really the right choice of words.

Richard
Richard

I always thought Mattiaci would be a short term stop gap or bridge between Alonso and the post Alonso team. What surprises me is that he's left completely, you'd expect the wonder kid bringing the cash from the USA would have been destined for the main board to support the forthcoming flotation. Who better to sell shares on Wall Street than the person who sold cars to the people buying the shares?