About the F1 Resource Restriction Agreement

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pup
Pup

Re: About the F1 Resource Restriction Agreement

I really have no desire to argue about this with anyone, but...
Renault COO Carlos Tavares wrote:"We are frustrated by the lack of recognition we get for beating the likes of Ferrari and Mercedes."
Those comments made public a minor little tiff between Renault and Red Bull. Prost hemmed and hawed about it in his interview a month later but plainly agreed. So Ghosn came in a month later and, like a good CEO do, pragmatically put it all to bed. But your COO doesn't take public swipes at your main partner if he's happy. Newey gets all the credit for RB's success, maybe Vettel a bit, too; and I suppose Horner gets his share. But no one gives Renault credit for any of it, and so I don't blame them for having their knickers in a wad, given what they've spent.

Look, I don't care whether Renault is happy with what they spend. The point, the only point relevant to this thread, is that they spend it.
Last edited by Pup on 14 Dec 2013, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

GitanesBlondes

Pup wrote:I really have no desire to argue about this with anyone, but you are wrong.
Renault COO Carlos Tavares wrote:"We are frustrated by the lack of recognition we get for beating the likes of Ferrari and Mercedes."
Those comments made public a minor little tiff between Renault and Red Bull. Prost hemmed and hawed about it in his interview a month later but plainly agreed. So Ghosn came in a month later and, like a good CEO do, put it all to bed.

Look, I don't care whether Renault is happy with what they spend. The point, the only point, is that they spend it.
You would do well to include the other part of his quote in which he said...
Tavares wrote:“But part of that problem at least must lie with our global marketing team. It is clear that we must create a bigger buzz around what we do. We are world champions, we are able to sell our engines to the teams because of that, but we do not get enough recognition beyond that.”
Nice selective cherry-picking Pup to try and support your position when it's clear you're wrong on this.

Many years ago, a wise teacher I had told me when you see the word 'but' you should disregard the prior statement completely.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Pup
Pup

Did you just vote down my post?

We have a minor disagreement over a minor off-topic point on a subject on which we basically agree.

So if you did, I think you're blowing things out of proportion just a tad.

And I think you're nitpicking like crazy.

Pup
Pup

GitanesBlondes wrote:
Tavares wrote:“But part of that problem at least must lie with our global marketing team. It is clear that we must create a bigger buzz around what we do. We are world champions, we are able to sell our engines to the teams because of that, but we do not get enough recognition beyond that.”
Nice selective cherry-picking Pup to try and support your position when it's clear you're wrong on this.

Many years ago, a wise teacher I had told me when you see the word 'but' you should disregard the prior statement completely.
That's not cherry picking. I said they were unhappy with their exposure, which they were. Whether they blamed themselves or others wasn't the question.

GitanesBlondes

Pup wrote:Did you just vote down my post?

We have a minor disagreement over a minor off-topic point on a subject on which we basically agree.

So if you did, I think you're blowing things out of proportion just a tad.

And I think you're nitpicking like crazy.
I feel it is important to contain the entire quote because of the implications of the other part of what he said.

With that said, I've also upvoted posts of yours previously, and even after the downvote I would continue to do so. I felt in this topic it was a little disingenous the way you only used part of the quoted material. In any event, unlike most people I can stand behind it. ;)
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Pup
Pup

No worries.

strad

but I've shown you that engine expenditures are still as high as ever.
For sure Pup, because they don't fall under the RRA.
""""AthoughF1 teams work under a Resource Restriction Agreement that limits spending in certain areas, there are some exceptions which explain how RBR increased it's costs. One area not covered by the RRA is the Kinetic energy recovery system technology.
Horner said that whilst Red Bull Racing have been adhering to the rules of the RRA, the RRA is limited in it's scope of activities that are restricted. Significant areas of expenditure, e.g., costs of engines, KERS and drivers are out of scope."""
Autoweek Sept2
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss