Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
donskar
donskar

Re: Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

One thing I'll be looking for from now on: Hamilton, Alonso, and others may take more chances passing Vettel. They have little to lose; he much more.

Renault: Heidfeld and Petrov will begin their battle for the "other" seat next to Kubica.

Ferrari: the changes COULD (and IMHO should) include dropping Massa (back to Sauber?) There are a few hungry, young drivers (or their agents) who might be dreaming of his seat.

Kolles: what will he REALLY gain by protesting the retarded ignition engine maps? As usual in F1, the real action is off stage. Abd the outcome may be delayed.

Looking forward to a good race. Will it be live on SPEED?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Fil

volarchico wrote:Anyone know the distance from Turn 19 to Turn 1? Seems like an absurdly short distance for DRS. Why even have an activation zone here?
Melbourne pit straight = approx 750m.
Monaco pit straight = approx 450m.

If it didn't work in Melbourne, it won't work in Monaco.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ringo

It's just a qualifying gimmick then.

It also will still bunch the cars up even if they can't overtake. It makes the race look more "action packed".
For Sure!!

Caito
Caito

Maybe it provides excitemente if two cars are kept together
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Byronrhys

I think its good to put one though, even if it doesn't work/ They are trying something different and it shouldn't hurt, the most that can happen is we end up with the same race if we didn't use it.

andartop
andartop

Might still have an impact on the outcome: with a long enough activation zone the car behind would overtake and then either disappear into the distance or the other guy could try to do the same in the following lap (if he could stay close enough).
Here, it may result in the driver in front having a hard time to open up a safety gap, thus pushing harder, thus hurting his tires and having to pit earlier or crash out.
Watch out for epic battles between Alonso & Petrov and Schumi & the Torro Rossos! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

andartop
andartop

donskar wrote:One thing I'll be looking for from now on: Hamilton, Alonso, and others may take more chances passing Vettel. They have little to lose; he much more.
Sorry Don, but I couldn't stop laughing when I read that one. I know what you mean, but so far at least I don't think Alonso or many others really had many chances to overtake Vettel in the race and chose to play it safe..
Made my day mate! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

pluisje

Nice tweet from Renault about life in the paddock:
We have no internet connection yet, and the mobile network is powered by string and polystyrene cups. Only the string is gold plated meaning the vocal vibrations don't get to the other end
source

:D

spadeflush

Why are the practice sessions in Monaco held on a Thursday instead of Friday?
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

pluisje

spadeflush wrote:Why are the practice sessions in Monaco held on a Thursday instead of Friday?
That way they can open the roads to the public on Friday.

Sebp

spadeflush wrote:Why are the practice sessions in Monaco held on a Thursday instead of Friday?
I think alot of business talk takes place on Monaco-Fridays. Sponsor deals are signed and so on...

spadeflush

Thank you...both of u make sense.:)
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

This is one race where i feel force india will do wonderfully well and may have a look into Q3 with sutil for a change out performing di resta

atanatizante

I saw Rosberg`s DRS working!

Is this allowed (only) maybe in qualifying?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

bomz_za
bomz_za

Is anyone using super soft rubber in Practice 1?