BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: BrawnGP

Imagine when McLaren converted an MP4-8 for the Lamborghini V12 in 1993, now THAT was a redesign of some measure.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Afterburner

Jenson Button is one of the drivers that has one of the smoothest drivings and Barrichello isn't very agressive too, maybe this is one of the reasons why they opted for Rubens and not for Bruno Senna.

Tyre management this year will be even more important and with such a big difference between compounds rear suspension and weight distribution will be key factors, i may be wrong but ross brawn will point he's few bullets on the rear.

allan
allan

i don't know why it reminds me of the sauber c24... probably the ultra thin sidepods
nice car though

modbaraban
modbaraban

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Diesel wrote:It's a shame because it seems this car might be ruined when they have to rip it to pieces to fit a McMerc engine in there.
You mean how it looks seamless?
Seamless???

Bob Brown

that front wing's development is just riiiiiidiculous!

and for some reason I can't spot any part of that wing that is supposed to be moveable.

also notice the "bumps" on the side of the nosecone.

Germanengineering

I wish Brawn all the luck he is very smart and highly talented. I just wish they picked Senna to drive.
People don't understand that it was maybe my biggest pleasure to drive an F1 car when it's wet. - Alain Prost

freedom_honda

WOW. im deeply impressed by the develop on the car that has been done by the team already. Looks like a great car with heaps of potential! keep the good work up.

Nice selection of colour Brawn. I REALLY like the colour. the white, black and yellow match VERY well. and the white makes it really hard to spot the aero features of the car.

by the way, is that bardgeboard legal?

Afterburner

The top air intake reminds me Ferrari F1 641...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

What's up with the logo? The 'BR' is normal font but the 'AWN GP' is slightly tilted to the right? :wtf:

I'm glad they finally made it through, and I hope 'xpensive' enjoys eating his balaclava. Although I was in the same camp doubting the teams survival, but I never made any wages :D .

Compared to the other bargeboards this season, the BGP001's seems to be legal, although it is taller than most. Hopefully someone else can give more insight.

Here are other bargboards for comparison:
Ferrari
Toyota
McLaren
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

modbaraban wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
Diesel wrote:It's a shame because it seems this car might be ruined when they have to rip it to pieces to fit a McMerc engine in there.
Seamless???

From those first pics it looked pretty seamless, but I asked the question because it seems as though Diesel was incinuating that the McMerc lump was not in back of the BGP001.
pete555 wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
Is it not fitted with the merc engine now?
Someone else got what I was trying to investigate.

modbaraban
modbaraban

ISLAMATRON wrote:Someone else got what I was trying to investigate.
Ditto.

Plus what the hell's with the exhaust system?

jon-mullen

Trying to heat the tires ala the late-season R28? Maybe?
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

bgroovers
bgroovers

modbaraban wrote:
Ditto.

I think the area around and behind the exhaust is chromed not black like all the other teams so it looks like the exhaust pipe on the surface ala ferrari on launch. No Central pillar on the rear wing like RBR!

Chaparral

Very clean compact looking car - Id like to have a look at the rear however there are no shots that I know of - wonder what the reasoning for that is apart from hiding something. Has anyone heard about the supposed Pepsi sponsorship or is that b/s and Pepsi are sponsoring USGPE?? There has supposed to have been seamless development on this car (no running time yet) even with hiccup of Honda quitting - so given expectations were high before Honda pulled the pin I would expect this car of Brawn's to be quick out of the box especially with two experienced drivers.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

bgroovers wrote:
modbaraban wrote:
Ditto.

I think the area around and behind the exhaust is chromed not black like all the other teams so it looks like the exhaust pipe on the surface ala ferrari on launch. No Central pillar on the rear wing like RBR!
and toyota..