Japanese GP 2009 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka

I agree. The results will remain quite random, until they start pushing in Q1.
The only thing that can be said for sure about that free practice is that Ralf doesn't look good (see on page 5).

vasia
vasia

Ralf was also spotted talking to some of the Toyota crew. I wonder if he was looking to get back into F1 :wink:.

PlatinumZealot

Interesting.. if his older brother could try a comeback... then maybe.

My prediction for Nakajima is 5th place or better in qualifying.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

vasia
vasia

I will be stunned if Nakajima qualifies anywhere in the Top 5. The only way I can picture that happen is some freak luck. Dry or wet, there is just too much competition for him to make it into the Top 5.

ISLAMATRON

All he really has to do is get into Q3(which he has done 4 times this year) and then Q3 on fumes... he can get the win if Rosberg will crash for him :wink: , its not like they will take it away next year when they find out.

He qualled 5th at silverstone so its not impossible like Bad-oder getting off the last row.

Not that I see it happening.

sunny1304
sunny1304

whats happen to toro rosso ??

buemi on fire now !! he is setting the fastest times for quite a long time !

WhiteBlue

Webber crashes at degner.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Suzuka sure looks spectacular to drive but I'm also sure it has a heritage of low safety from the time when it was first designed. Some of these fast sweeping stretches seem to have effectively not much run off. It is perhaps also the most dangerous track after Spa has made some big improvements over the years and old tracks like Imola are gone.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

megz

ISLAMATRON wrote: I fail to make the connection, what does KERS have to do with Vettel or Button seeing that neither has it? Or are you claiming that KERS is the only reason Vettel has not been winning the last several races?

Unless Vettel wins the next 3 races He does not deserve to be even mentioned as the possible WDC... Button has 6 wins, 3 times as much as anyone else, He is clearly the hands down WDC this year. Wins are real, points are arbitrary, some years a win is worth 9 points, some years 10, some years a point for 8th place, some years not.... it is all asinine... A WIN has always been a WIM (unless your teammate crashes on purpose to make it happen), and whoever has the most wins should be champion.
When did M become equal to N? 8)

ISLAMATRON

When they changed the points for a win to 10 points from 9.

WhiteBlue

Hi, welcom to qually. Webber's chassis is damaged after his 3. practise shunt. He will need a new chassis and cannot drive in qually.

Fisichella
Nakajima
Grosjean
Liuzzi and
Webber are out in Q1.

Nakajima must be seriously concerned for his seat next year. Williams are released from their Toyota contract and will probably drive a Renault engine next year. Nakajima just cannot heck it compared to Rosberg.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I was just going to say how well the STR are going...and Jaime destroys one!

Good morning WB...coffee and broetchen is it? Tea and toast for me :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

WhiteBlue

Alguersuari has a heavy shunt in Degner and may be hurt. He walks away but could have received some heavy Gs.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 03 Oct 2009, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

zgred

WhiteBlue

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Good morning WB...coffee and broetchen is it? Tea and toast for me :mrgreen:
I had Nürmberger bratwurst and rosebud hibiscus herbal tea. I got up some hours ago for 3rd practise. :P