Aston Martin AMR23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Aston Martin AMR23

-wkst- wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:40
organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:52
-wkst- wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:51

And I am 100% sure, you are talking BS, as usual.
What do you mean by that?
Just remember his "update-list" phantasy post on 25.10.2023. He has no clue regarding AMR.
That some information is incorrect is par for the course when trying to dig out things from behind the scenes. I suggest you look through ashwin's post history further than 25.10 before deciding for good that they post " 100% BS [...] as usual" . Particularly the AMR23 speculation thread.

Besides, if you don't agree that something is correct it would be better to simply correct the record as well as you can and move on rather than try to undermine everything that the other poster contributes and alienate them from the forum, in my opinion. We should welcome contribution not gatekeep it behind a 100% accuracy rate that is unattainable even for the very well-connected

DivebombDerek
DivebombDerek

They have been plagued with drag problems all year, pretty desperate to bring a whole new rear wing for one race. Can imagine the engineers have been pulling their hair out always being near the bottom of the speed trap.

Giogio
Giogio

organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:46
Ashwinv16 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:23
I am 90% sure the front wing and Rear wing is brand new.
I'm aware you might have a good source of information for this given your past insights.. and I would agree that the front flaps look unfamiliar to me.

The rear-wing configuration on the other hand seems to be something that has been seen before. Looks like Stroll has his Miami wing without gurney flap and Alonso has his Miami wing

From @AMF1News on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_nTy3AXoAA ... &name=orig
But what are the differents in the race? I think the downforce is the same, it isn't? Indeed the DRS' efficiency of Alonso is not minor than DRS' efficiency of Stroll?

issey
issey

Giogio wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 22:43
organic wrote:
Ashwinv16 wrote:
I'm aware you might have a good source of information for this given your past insights.. and I would agree that the front flaps look unfamiliar to me.

The rear-wing configuration on the other hand seems to be something that has been seen before. Looks like Stroll has his Miami wing without gurney flap and Alonso has his Miami wing

But what are the differents in the race? I think the downforce is the same, it isn't? Indeed the DRS' efficiency of Alonso is not minor than DRS' efficiency of Stroll?
They only used one rear wing in the race

diffuser

Giogio wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 22:43
organic wrote:
Ashwinv16 wrote:

Where the top flap meets the upright looks new. You can see it here on the far right. It's VERY open now.

Ashwinv16

[media][/media]
-wkst- wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:51
Ashwinv16 wrote:
And I am 100% sure, you are talking BS, as usual. RW was used in former races.

Talk from Fabrega could be that they change the top flap of the FW back to pre Vegas spec (top flap was updated there).
Okay I am not blind

But did mention this wing coming to Mexico
Mexico
  • Circuit specific brakes ducts (2023 part)

• new front wing and nose (Bahrain spec with legality fix, not sure) (2024 ready part)

• new (maybe?) front suspension arrangement (2024 experimental part)

• rear wing upgrade with disconnected top flap (McLaren style) (2024 ready part)

• Final set-up parts for Austin Upgrade

It was supposed to be for Mexico considering it's a high drag like a variation that they ran in Monaco but also High downforce if the vortex interactions are right, could make big gains in medium and high speed corners. Image

I guess after Austin going bad, they just decided to go back and just do things one buy one. Front suspension and and front wing will be abandon the concept they were going for after Austin to a more high downforce high drag package.
Halo not as bad as we thought

Sevach
Sevach

Something like a rear wing is likely to carry over, so it's not "dumb" or "why are they spending money on this car now?".
Last edited by Sevach on 24 Nov 2023, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
Just remember his "update-list" phantasy post on 25.10.2023. He has no clue regarding AMR.
Well if you go back in time he guessed correctly the waterslide sidepods back in January

-wkst-
-wkst-

organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:49
-wkst- wrote:
organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:52

What do you mean by that?
That some information is incorrect is par for the course when trying to dig out things from behind the scenes. I suggest you look through ashwin's post history further than 25.10 before deciding for good that they post " 100% BS [...] as usual" . Particularly the AMR23 speculation thread.

Besides, if you don't agree that something is correct it would be better to simply correct the record as well as you can and move on rather than try to undermine everything that the other poster contributes and alienate them from the forum, in my opinion. We should welcome contribution not gatekeep it behind a 100% accuracy rate that is unattainable even for the very well-connected
Maybe a sort of overreaction from my side, as I am tired of the huge amount of internet heros, who announced updates for GP X (which most of the time never came). I am very cautious who to believe and I still wait for a confirmation redarding the RW today (not to mention his "90% sure new FW).

organic

-wkst- wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 09:02
I am very cautious who to believe and I still wait for a confirmation redarding the RW today (not to mention his "90% sure new FW).
Fair enough. For me the images are confirmation enough. I feel you are being too harsh considering how much correct info Ashwin has had about very prominent things such as the sidepod concept of AMR23 as early as January..

Comparing the images we have of the new wing to old wing, I think it's entirely new not just endplate corner. The main plane leading edge geometry looks unlike anything else they've run

organic

organic

diffuser

Drugovich ran the kickless sidepods, with the whole new side floor etc in FP1.

More evidence that they're going that way next year is that again they ran rakes ...

diffuser

From the back, the new beam wings don't look that much different...

From the front, we can see how much narrower they are .....especially the top 1.

Vanja #66

diffuser wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 14:50
More evidence that they're going that way next year is that again they ran rakes ...
Their initial design was reliable for consistent outwash, but also generated too much drag. Possibly also generated detached flow on outboard side in yaw (which isn't catastrophic, but still a nuisance). Yes, the rear wing was a bigger problem, but you always need to improve everywhere. RB is ahead of everyone with this design, but they also didn't make too many changes in that area this year, they focused more on inlets. So it likely depends on the floor interaction, while raising lower inlet lip is a "free" benefit with any design.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie