HRT F111 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

Nice point, you got any ideas on driver line up for next year?

raymondu999

Drivers should be discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9911

Let's keep this to the car :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

OK. Will do...

Are we expecting anything different for the F112.

MIKEY_!

Simplifying things will help them. Periscope exhausts and low nose. They may not need to change the car it all looks reasonable (I'm not going on many photos here) any particular area of the car that is poor, not just saying 'lacks DF or is to heavy' what bits are inefficient?

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

I'm sorry but this argument that KERS is only worth 3 tenths is incorrect. KERS is circuit and package dependent.On longer ciruits its worth up to half a second. Its also one of the few components still open to development in terms of size and packaging.
Secondly expecting a tail end team to make massive gains in aero is unreasonable. The top teams will only expect a 15% gain with a new car and they've got money squared. What makes the difference is aero is a factor of mech grip + engine power. The fact that KERS is a guranteed performance gain in addition to what aero gains a team finds. I think Williams are offering their unit for €500k.

Intego

cbbcisace wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:With HRT being so far behind in terms of pace, they shouldn't go for KERS. The money they spend for upgrading aero will be better value
With Team Lotus have KERS they are going to move further up the field, not so sure about Marussia Virgin having KERS for 2012?
Nope! -> AMS German -> Google translation

I think HRT will use backmar-KERS! :mrgreen:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

sefarad
sefarad

F 112 concept ?? Or just advertising imagination ?

Upper exhausts, better aero package, it could be :?

Regards

beelsebob
beelsebob

sefarad wrote:F 112 concept ?? Or just advertising imagination ?

Upper exhausts, better aero package, it could be :?

Regards
Surely HRT aren't that ahead with their design for next year yet... I thought they just drew in 3 days before the last test day.

volarchico
volarchico

The nose doesn't seem low enough...

Ries
Ries

The sidepods and the nose kind of remind me of the launch spec Force India VJM02!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

^^^ Was thinking the same thing, but more for the nose box.

Hispania are quite far on with their design for 2012, but their design has had Geoff Willis preside over its inception till arround 6 weeks ago, and will presumably have Jorg Zander will/is presiding over the project at present. However the project is belived to be ran by one of their race engineers and so comes to a stop for 5-6 days in every 2 week period as he cannot oversee what is going on from a race weekend.

I think Hispania will show a better car next year, but it will still be where it is at present. However we will see what happens in the closed season with Hispania and their up and down fortune and their constantly flaky ownership.

However the rumor that Hyundi are thinking about F1 and looking at a decent budget makes me think, could Hispania be the team they take over as a blank canvas???

N12ck

I think it is!
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

But why would they buy FI's 2009 car?
Budding F1 Engineer

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Probably bought the immage and not the car, with a little photoshop as well, you have your ad.

Javert

N12ck wrote:But why would they buy FI's 2009 car?
Because is faster than them probably