2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Dee
Dee

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

shamyakovic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 14:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOOOc8BXsAg ... name=large

I thought this was going to be policed better?
It was.

Perez did a second lap and improved.

Every driver that did not improve got their time deleted.

Redragon

shamyakovic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 14:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOOOc8BXsAg ... name=large

I thought this was going to be policed better?
That's the first run in Q1, he did another one.

LM10
LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 14:41
Just watch the video please. Haha. If you watch it you can compare corner to corner there.

That video uses the FIA telemetry. It's not the old video without the telemetry, it has the telemtery summed up in the car head to head graphic.

Edit: i didnt even know that Marko would back me up.
Ferrari beats Red Bull last corner against Verstappen

Leclerc: "I was struggling with the tires. It was difficult to get them in the window and get the laps together. Only in the last attempt did the tires feel a little better."
"I had my problems. That's why I made a mistake here and there. I was particularly slow in the first sector."

Helmut Marko applauds the red competition: "The Ferrari engine runs like crazy. You can see that in the customer teams."
"Unfortunately, Max lost one and a half tenths in the last corner," regrets sports director Marko. "Even with Perez, the last corner didn't fit."
"Either the front tires were too cold at the beginning of the lap or the rear tires were too warm."
"The falling track temperatures have cost us."
"The RedBull is fundamentally faster everywhere"... and then you quote Marko saying that Verstappen lost one and a half tenth in the last corner - which almost is the gap he lost pole to Charles. So if any, Max would have gotten pole by less than half a tenth. That's with a fundamentally better car everywhere? Also to take into account that Leclerc's lap wasn't without mistakes either. He told himself that his oversteer moment in turn 6 overheated his tyres enough to make him lose out time in the last sector.

I doubt the last corner time loss was fully on Max anyway. I don't really see a mistake from him there. Look at how the Ferrari gains on the RedBull already while breaking into the last corner.

The Ferrari generally was clearly better on breaking, traction out of corners and early acceleration phase, to name the most obvious ones.
Cornering performance was kind of a level playing field with the Ferrari being better in some of them (T4-T7 as a stand out) and the RBR being better in some others.

Juzh

AeroDynamic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 13:51
chrisc90 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 13:46
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hug ... -red-bull/

Interesting read from The-Race. Seems max lost a huge amount of time in the last corner.
Max out qualified in the best car?
Cheap jab but since you've brought it up, you're assuming Leclerc had a perfect lap haha, which he didn't, no one did, not least your idol Hamilton who was slower in Q3 than in Q2 even. Leclerc overshot first corner despite ferrari clearly being better on brakes and leclerc even admitting to having difficulties putting the lap together. You see how one sided your view is when you're blinded by hatred towards a driver and team? But we knew that already ofcourse, which is probably why 95% of this forum doesn't take you seriously.

AeroDynamic

Juzh wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:08
AeroDynamic wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Interesting read from The-Race. Seems max lost a huge amount of time in the last corner.
Cheap jab but since you've brought it up, you're assuming Leclerc had a perfect lap haha, which he didn't, no one did, not least your idol Hamilton who was slower in Q3 than in Q2 even. Leclerc overshot first corner despite ferrari clearly being better on brakes and leclerc even admitting to having difficulties putting the lap together. You see how one sided your view is when you're blinded by hatred towards a driver and team? But we knew that already ofcourse, which is probably why 95% of this forum doesn't take you seriously.
Why is it a cheap jab? I’m asking a question. Can you not answer it without making it personal :?:
There’s no hatred here. Fans projecting their own hatred and ‘jabs’ onto others. Max cannot be beaten by anyone in the universe in a slower car or equal car. we get it.

This post screams of defending Max’s image instead of quantifying the cars.

AD don’t have idols in any driver today. you don’t see me with thousands of posts on driver - fan forums like some here who pretend to be fans of something else.

If anyone is my idol, it’s senna :lol:
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 20 Mar 2022, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

AeroDynamic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:12
Juzh wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

Why is it a cheap jab? I’m asking a question. Can you not answer it without making it personal :?:
There’s no hatred here. Fans projecting their own hatred and ‘jabs’ onto others. Max cannot be beaten by anyone in the universe in a slower car or equal car. we get it.
Sure, sure, go on with these fairy tales hahaha.

chrisc90

AeroDynamic wrote:
Juzh wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

AD don’t have idols, you don’t see me with thousands of posts on driver - fan forums like some here who pretend to be fans of something else.
The link is a fair analysis.

Are all the other drivers out qualified because they are in a equal car?

Why is the RB the best car already? What about Ferrari?

From the link, and likely the data, max probably had tyre deg or made a small error into the last corner. Guess thats the facts. A error cost him pole. Facts. But you cant look back on hindsight.

Lets look forward to the race.

Zynerji

AeroDynamic wrote:
Juzh wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

AD don’t have idols in any driver today. you don’t see me with thousands of posts on driver - fan forums like some here who pretend to be fans of something else.

If anyone is my idol, it’s senna :lol:
F1 drivers are human.
To be human is to err.
No one is perfect.

Time to move along with this line of thought.

This race is about to start what could be an instant ultra-classic season.

Why start it off with such negativity? 🤔

AeroDynamic

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:16
AeroDynamic wrote:
Juzh wrote:

AD don’t have idols, you don’t see me with thousands of posts on driver - fan forums like some here who pretend to be fans of something else.

From the link, and likely the data, max probably had tyre deg or made a small error into the last corner. Guess thats the facts. A error cost him pole. Facts. But you cant look back on hindsight.

I don’t know why you’re bringing up other drivers. The RB was fastest race pace and looking favourite up to qualifying. Marko said in the press that they have Ferrari covered, and it’s just about Mercedes if anyone. They were happy in pre season testing about where they see themselves vs Ferrari.

Peter Windsor analysed the lap times and Max was faster than Charles on long runs everywhere, this was quoted in the RBthread.

So if the RB is not the best car this weekend so far, which one is? This is why the question was asked. But unfortunately some think every comment is a conspiracy to take jabs.

If someone has information that shows which car is best, they should post that data and answer questions instead of turning things into something else. Juzh as expected talked about Hamilton instead of focusing on the cars.

Juzh

AeroDynamic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:26
chrisc90 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

Peter Windsor analysed the lap times and Max was faster than Charles on long runs everywhere, this was quoted in the RBthread.
Same peter windsor who also outright says ferrari and haas are cheating with their wind tunnel usage. Guy is a known fraud. Yes if you look at laptimes verstappen was faster on race sim (real deep analysis i must say), but qualifying is entirely different story. Wouldn't be the first time roles get reversed from saturday to sunday.

AeroDynamic

Juzh wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:30
AeroDynamic wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Same peter windsor who also outright says ferrari and haas are cheating with their wind tunnel usage. Guy is a known fraud. Yes if you look at laptimes verstappen was faster on race sim (real deep analysis i must say), but qualifying is entirely different story. Wouldn't be the first time roles get reversed from saturday to sunday.
So your post is about attacking Peter Windsor instead of challenging data, and information again? Typical from you then these days. The red bull is fast enough, maybe it’s easier to drive than the Ferrari, maybe that’s why leclerc made some mistakes.

Juzh

AeroDynamic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:34
Juzh wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:30
AeroDynamic wrote:

So your post is about attacking Peter Windsor instead of challenging data, and information again? Typical from you then these days. The red bull is fast enough, maybe it’s easier to drive than the Ferrari, maybe that’s why leclerc made some mistakes.
I see you've not read my whole post, stopped at first sentence.

Alexf1
Alexf1

AeroDynamic wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Personal best sector times put Charles 0.05s ahead of Verstappen.

AeroDynamic

Alexf1 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 15:40
AeroDynamic wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Personal best sector times put Charles 0.05s ahead of Verstappen.
Can someone break down which car is easier to drive? If you have a more difficult car, you are struggling to put sectors together. Maybe the RB is best to drive.

Also, how do we quantify how much of the lap time is coming from the driving, and the car? How do we answer this

What I am most curious about heading into race #1 of this season is if we'll see a lot of overtaking as intended with these new cars. That to me is as exciting as any potential new pecking order.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok