Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Monaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo

djos wrote:Lewis is almost level with Schumi, the same cant be said for his attempt on Maldonardo were he is barely halfway along and the turn in early stuf is BS, Maldo is clearly defending which he is entitled to do as he is the driver in front - it's up to Lewis to overtake Maldo safely not crash into him.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynp28-jt8J0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVyJe2f1mjc[/youtube]

djos

Completely irrelevant scenarios Diesel, 1st one Lewis tries to drive around the outside of Mark & the second is Mark trying to take advantage of Lewis about to dive down the inside of Fernando and crashing into Lewis after Lewis changes his mind - the later is a pure racing incident caused by Mark misreading the situation.
"In downforce we trust"

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote:Regarding Hamilton's apology via Twitter:

Is an apology not an admission of guilt or is Hamilton not serious with his apology? :wink:
It is an admission of guilt and he's probably not really serious. I think he's saying what he's told to say. It's Twitter, he doesn't even have to type it himself (or keep an honest face).

PS: He admits to guilt in calling them ridiculous drivers not for the incidents.
So not only is he a bad sport, he is insincere and untrustworthy. What a wonderful role model for some kids to have(!)

I thought he apologised for the hole shamble of driving into his opponents and then bad mouthing them.

Mandrake
Mandrake

The main differences between Maldonado and Schumacher overtaking:

- (MSC) Beginning of the race, very bad tires, communication of bad tires via radio. Due to bad tires --> bad braking which let HAM close up way more under braking ("He comes from further back") and then he possibly saw HAM just in time on the inside. He actually started turning in, realised he was there and gave in, mostly not expecting the move there (being surprised by the poor braking performance)

- (MAL) End of the race, promising position for Maldonado, good tires on both cars. Hamilton cannot close up to MAL under braking as he could with MSC. Maldonado (probably not seeing hamilton in the dead angle of his mirrors) not thinking HAM could actually think to make a pass there.

Either way, had Maldonado given a tiny bit more space, just enough to still make the corner, he would still have to rely on Hamilton not to run into his car. By no means could HAM have come out in front in that corner, not from that far back.

Is this really what we want to see? Dirty driving? Sticking your nose into tiniest gaps and crashing in case the person in front doesn't comply? I certainly don't. I rather watch technically clean overtakings where no party has to decide whether to crash or not!

Richard
Richard

deleted ....

Do not feed not feed the trolls, do keep to topic.

bidong
bidong

richard_leeds wrote:deleted ....

agree. agree. there should have been no penalties for the incidents. racing incident plain and simple. my two cents

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

djos wrote:Completely irrelevant scenarios Diesel, 1st one Lewis tries to drive around the outside of Mark & the second is Mark trying to take advantage of Lewis about to dive down the inside of Fernando and crashing into Lewis after Lewis changes his mind - the later is a pure racing incident caused by Mark misreading the situation.
So in both incidents it's not Webber's fault, suprise suprise.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

andrew wrote:
komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote:Regarding Hamilton's apology via Twitter:

Is an apology not an admission of guilt or is Hamilton not serious with his apology? :wink:
It is an admission of guilt and he's probably not really serious. I think he's saying what he's told to say. It's Twitter, he doesn't even have to type it himself (or keep an honest face).

PS: He admits to guilt in calling them ridiculous drivers not for the incidents.
So not only is he a bad sport, he is insincere and untrustworthy. What a wonderful role model for some kids to have(!)

I thought he apologised for the hole shamble of driving into his opponents and then bad mouthing them.
This makes it quite clear you don't like Hamilton. We shall expect nothing less than bashing of Hamilton from now on. I guess your one of those that believes Hamilton is a 'manufactured' driver?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Diesel - It makes nothing clear at all. Either his apology was sincere which is fair enough or it is just crocodile tears and shows his true character. Simple as that.

I saw a program this morning and part of it was speaking about the actions of footballers and how they are role models for a lot of kids worldwide. This is exactly the same for any major sport, F1 included. A lot of the drivers are role models and behaving like a petulant child and having no form of accountability or honesty is an extremely bad example to set.

However, my opinon of Hamilton has nothing to do with my judgement of his actions in Monaco. Had Vettel behaved in the same way I would have the same opinion. If you can't accept that then that is not my problem.

Regarding Singapore last year, it is a totally different scenario so no reasonable comparision can be made IMHO.

Richard
Richard

Yes he is insincere, using weak words instead of tough actions. The god like drivers of F1 didn't use silly words like "frikkin" or quote old comedy punchlines. The true gods in F1 deliberately crashed into their opponents to gain advantage, and when a crash results in disadvantage they let their fists do the talking.

Putting championship winning sportsmen on a pedestal is fundamentally flawed. The reason they succeed is due to a single minded obsessive drive to succeed. It is coupled with an unshakeable belief in the superiority of their own ability, and that they are better than their competitors. That drive comes before any other consideration, family takes second place.

Personally, I get where Hamilton is coming from, he's human and frustrated. He honestly expresses how he feels, I appreciate that. I'd rather he did that than be some insincere media creation uttering inane platitude .

This is ruthless sport, its not the Truman Show. It's a sport that created great characters such as Senna and Hunt, long may it continue.

Apologies for going off topic and feeding the trolls.
Last edited by Richard on 01 Jun 2011, 16:59, edited 5 times in total.

djos

Diesel wrote:
djos wrote:Completely irrelevant scenarios Diesel, 1st one Lewis tries to drive around the outside of Mark & the second is Mark trying to take advantage of Lewis about to dive down the inside of Fernando and crashing into Lewis after Lewis changes his mind - the later is a pure racing incident caused by Mark misreading the situation.
So in both incidents it's not Webber's fault, suprise suprise.
I said the 2nd was Webbers fault, doesnt stop it from being a racing incident tho.
"In downforce we trust"

Ciro Pabón

There is no excuse for what he did, no matter how many "analysis" they post.

Don't feed the trolls, they're already too fat.
Last edited by Giblet on 02 Jun 2011, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed incendiary part.
Ciro

Mr Alcatraz

richard_leeds wrote:Yes he is insincere, using weak words instead of tough actions. The god like drivers of F1 didn't use silly words like "frikkin" or quote old comedy punchlines. The true gods in F1 deliberately crashed into their opponents to gain advantage, and when a crash results in disadvantage they let their fists do the talking.

Putting championship winning sportsmen on a pedestal is fundamentally flawed. The reason they succeed is due to a single minded obsessive drive to succeed. It is coupled with an unshakeable belief in the superiority of their own ability, and that they are better than their competitors. That drive comes before any other consideration, famiy takes second place.

Personally, I get where Hamilton is coming from, he's human and frustrated. He honestly expresses how he feels, I appreciate that. I'd rather he did that than be some insincere media creation uttering inane platitude .

This is ruthless sport, its not the Truman Show. It's a sport that created great characters such as Senna and Hunt, long may it continue.

Apologies for going off topic and feeding the trolls.
I agree with most of this. I enjoy the racing, but I would be quite satisfied if all pilots just went "Räikkönen" after the race.
I'm pretty sure that puts me in the minority :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

HampusA

I like Montoya who did not even wait till after the race, he just let it all out on the mic to his crew LOL :)

That F*CKIN IDIOT! etc.
The truth will come out...

andartop
andartop

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft