USGP Michelin Tires

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

I got my fingers crossed that this situation gets worse. F1 today is a pathetic parade ! Finally some blind puppets are seeing how rat infested this sport has become. But i see little chance of there being any major repercushions from this wednesday meeting....they are in damage control and wont roll the dice.

Pour more fuel on this fire boys for otherwise the rats will never leave. I cant wait to see F1 without the other 9 teams.......It will still be called F1 dont worry, (Ferrari 1) and there will be team orders too but they will pretend there isnt.

No one can overtake shoie and jean toad (even though he will not be in a car) will be their number 2 etc etc and barrichello will end up being the 20th in the team order scale, and barri will still talk up his chances of winning the title !!!

I'm a d#$%head !! BUT atleast i'm a realistic D#$^head

Burn baby Burnnnnn

Viva la revolution. For the future is the revolution. Everybody will support the rebels.

manchild
manchild

Smeerak
Smeerak

Well the verdict is in.

Michelin did not find any flaws in those tires, infact they admitted the entire tire was not designed to meet the requirements of the track i.e. engineering design error.

So in my opinion, which remains the same. The michelin runners should have just slowed down in that corner or used pitlane. They should have still raced for points. We all know the Minardis and maybe even the Jordan's would probably still have been lapped eventually. And if not, well, there were still two points scorring positions open, points which could determine the championship.

It is too bad, but this is also a result of having over 50% of teams using a single tire.

The teams running Michelin should take their complaints to the Michelin engineers and not the FIA..

FYI: I created this thread to discuss the topic of Michelin Tires and the USGP -- let's try to keep it on track and not have this turn into a "burn the FIA session" plenty of those going on in ALL sorts of other forums and it's precisely why I choose to read this forum, it doesn't contain grabage.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'm sure most all of us have read Paul Stoddard's opinion of what happened at Indy. The general consus is that he describes the events correctly. But, Paul definetely has many agendas, and he's just as much a political animal as Mosley. But I also read an interview by a team principle who (in my opinion) isn't as political, or has as much to gain by any of this crap.
Peter Sauber gave his opinion in this article. http://emagazine.credit-suisse.com/arti ... 59&lang=en
He pretty well confirms the sequence of events, but with a little less anger against Max in his heart.

I have always been an F1 fan, and have closely followed it since the late 60's. Since I live in Canada, I get a huge dose of the US NA$CAR culture. That doesn't make me an expert, but I do believe I have an understanding of the pulse of US race fans. Say what you will about NA$CAR fans, but they are the fan base F1 is trying to lure over. I have chatted with many since the Indy debacle, and almost unanimously, they just cannot comprehend what happened. In their eyes, it was much more than a joke or a farce, it was just plain unthinkable.
For the dedicated F1 or road race fan, they will be wary of attending any F1 races in the near future, the personal cost of attending a race weekend only to watch an expensive tire test is unacceptable. For many NA$CAR fans, they point their fingers at F1, hoot and holler, and say.. "look at those pussies, what a bunch of quitters and losers". But for the prospective fans, many of whom have had a staple diet of NA$CAR yet are curious and willing to watch F1, we lost them. I have spent years in race chat rooms, steadily promoting the virtues of road racing and F1. But trust me, those potential converts are lost to F1, it may take a complete new generation of fans before F1 wins acceptance in the USA.
The bottom line? When you promise a race to US fans, deliver a race. Excuses and political debate are unacceptable for them.

West
West

You've probably read the verdicts by now, namely at http://www.f1-live.com and http://www.grandprix.com

I don't understand how Michelin is guilty of acts that aren't of competitive nature when they build their tires to last just the race distance. Isn't that competitive?

At least Michelin will pay back everybody's tickets. Still stupid how the WSMC finds them guilty of other things...
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

manchild
manchild

Now it is even clearer that this whole thing is about Ferrari and money. Still wondering why is Ferrari laptop the first prize for FIA survey participants?. What a bunch of hypocrites, I truly hope that this goes all the way and ends in revealing what kind of arrangements Ferrari and FIA had all this time! If FIA accepts only those championship situations when Ferrari is winning, without a competition, with team orders and forgiveness of every sin committed by Shuey and Co. than why are they insisting on any competition at all? Why not just proclaim Ferrari and Shuey for eternal champions and get over with it.

Just as I had clear out “Ferrari hating” now I have to clear out FIA hating – I don’t hate or blame FIA as an institution but Mossley and his assistants for what are they doing to world motorsport. FIA has to be main institution but not in a way that its decisions depend solely on Mossley’s transatlantic morning mood and amount of cash he apparently receives from Ferrari. This way FIA really resembles on third Reich with Max as Fuhrer… bet his daddy would be proud of him! FIA isn’t private company so that one person – its owner can use its resources whatever he likes. This is a confrontation of one man in FIA and Ferrari with rest of the motorsport world and that is why it should end in defeat of that corrupted individuals.

It all started stinking on a fraud when Shuey wasn’t sanctioned for his moves in 1994 and 1995 which culminated with that silly disqualification instead of life ban after he attempted to kill JV. All US fans know that such deliberate hitting of another car in everyday traffic is considered as attempt of murder. Fortunately there was Maxes FIA to cover it all up which led us to 5 years of Shuey titles that are now questionable as never before. I say that there is a conspiracy between Mossley and Ferrari that has been going on for decade and now becomes revealed trough their actions and statements!

This whole thing is so much “not their problem” that they are threatening Red Bull by blackmailing them to participate in French GP if they want to see Ferrari’s engines in 2006. I think that six cars on the grid is minimum, and therefore now Ferrari tries to get to more teams so that they could score points in Magny-Cours. That is such an outrageous spitting on Enzo’s grave and Ferrari’s heritage that it makes me puke. Ferrari was never before (1996) such sleazy hypocrite bunch as it is now.

I hope that teams will boycott French GP unless FIA drops the charges by tomorrow because that will prevent Max and Ferrari in their plans to run rest of the championship without competition. No one else will host another GP if French GP fails and that seams to be necessary to get rid of those “gentlemen” from Formula 1!
Last edited by manchild on 29 Jun 2005, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Dag
Dag

hating

Concetrate on technics instead to hate, deserve hate for more important things

West
West

It's hard to concentrate on the technical side of the tires, since the whole thing blew up in everybody's face. Everybody should know already that the tires were suited "unsafe" for the circuit and almost all the alternatives were unacceptable from all sides. I still don't like the idea of the chicane; I don't like the idea of slowing turn 13 or using the pit lane.

There's no real testing done for the USGP and the idea that's floating around is that Firestone may have sent data to Bridestone warning about the track resurfacing.

I was wondering why RBR wasn't listed in the teams' response to the WMSC decision.

manchild
manchild

West wrote:...I was wondering why RBR wasn't listed in the teams' response to the WMSC decision.
Yeah, me too...

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=24995

manchild
manchild

Have you heard that “Übermensch” and “the boy from Brazil” didn’t sign joint statement signed by all other F1 drivers? Yes it is true, they have completely different views that origin from “ein team, ein driver, ein FIA” agenda...

Let me be precipitately antifascist by saying “No Pasaran” to all of those supporting this wolfpack whose intention is to rule the F1 by destroying everyone else. Things have never been clearer and if they want a war they’ll have it!

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=24996

http://www.mclaren.co.uk/mediaroom/pres ... ements.pdf

See you in France!

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Now I know what Schumacher had in mind when he commented their situation in 2005 by saying “don’t write us off”…

West
West

Well there is one good thing to all of this.

I just started taking an upper division writing class, in which we are supposed to do a term paper and oral presentation on what the teacher calls a "problem." At first I was going to do evolution of F1 nose cone aerodynamics, but since there really is no "problem" here, I decided to do a presentation on F1 politics. So i need ur suggestions:

Should I write something one:

1) FIA running a Nazi show
2) Ferrari's allegated ties to the FIA
3) The politics on F1

Of course one may be represented to the other, but I need suggestions.

To keep on track on the subject, my car needs new tires; my dad wants Bridgestones but I want Michelins :shock:

very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

1) FIA running a Nazi show
2) Ferrari's allegated ties to the FIA
3) The politics on F1
:? Doesnt matter which one you select buddy......they will all lead to one another !! :shock:

Catchya on the highway

West
West

Now I'm thinking about another topic: who's to blame for Indianapolis, which obviously there will be a lot of sources to be found.

1) Michelin
2) The FIA
3) The Teams
4) Ferrari
5) IMS

We don't need a discussion here about who's to blame but I put this question, to fellow engineers (and whoever else), if this makes for a good term paper or presentation. This class is supposed to be an engineering writing class.