2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

Who cares if they are friends, why do they expect fake hugs after losing races, will Merc sell less cars because of that?

No Monaco thread so: (30 minutes of onboards) http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-formu ... id=1079363#
Check 26 minutes mark #-o, imagine last race deciding WDC and Rosberg doing something like that and winning it all.

PlatinumZealot

90% of the Formula 1 media base care if they are friends because it makes more of a story to the season.

They want us, the fans, to remember 2014 like 1988.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Cam

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

hollus

As far as I can tell, from actual data rather than listening to journos that mix changing the gears with changing the gear ratios, nobody has used the allowed gear ratio change yet, not even Toro Rosso.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 52#p515152
Rivals, not enemies.

MercedesAMGSpy

n smikle wrote:90% of the Formula 1 media base care if they are friends because it makes more of a story to the season.

They want us, the fans, to remember 2014 like 1988.
I want to remember 2014 like 1988 because of a different reason. Winning all the races this season would be magical.

zioture
zioture

2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal Pirelli

dren

So a Merc 1-2 again. Looking for Lewis to smash Nico here. I also expect Ferrari to go well, they will mix it up with the Red Bulls. Will FI move up any? Mclaren seems to think they will look better, too.
Honda!

Juzh

This circuit will heavily favour all mercedes powered teams, similar as in bahrain. We'll see whether RB's DF advantage will allow them to muscle it out at the front (behind MB). I don't really know what to expect from ferrari. They've been nowhere in bahrain, but seem to be in a better shape now.

SiLo

Anyone willing to hazard a guess as to the deficit from 1st to 3rd?

I'll go first:

1.2 seconds.
Felipe Baby!

Shrieker

SiLo wrote:Anyone willing to hazard a guess as to the deficit from 1st to 3rd?

I'll go first:

1.2 seconds.
Is that for the race, or quali ? If for the race, mighty optimistic :D
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SiLo

For quali :lol:
Felipe Baby!

ringo

I think Bottas will have something to say about that. Williams will be quick here.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

I think the gap will widen in quali compared to previous races (in percentage terms, if not laptime, because the lap is quite short) - because the 2nd fastest car atm will be at a weakness here, with their engines.

I think we have the prospect for a very good race here. With the tyres being harder than the last 3 years Pirelli has been around, then we could in fact see some tyre problems here similar to what happened in 2010. Let's remember that in Montreal the harder the tyre, the worse your tyre life because with such a low-grip smooth surface, the tyres don't bite into the track as much and start sliding. Look at how the Pirellis have progressively lasted longer year on year in Montreal - as opposed to how the everlast Bridgestones were rallycrossing everywhere on Montreal Friday 4 years ago.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Pierce89

Juzh wrote:This circuit will heavily favour all mercedes powered teams, similar as in bahrain. We'll see whether RB's DF advantage will allow them to muscle it out at the front (behind MB). I don't really know what to expect from ferrari. They've been nowhere in bahrain, but seem to be in a better shape now.
They're also supposed to have a big PU upgrade. Should be handy for the house that Gilles built.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

raymondu999

How "big" a PU upgrade is possible though? If they can somehow justify it as reliability then sure but otherwise it'd be pretty hard.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法