Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

To me that's just the same model Red Bull presented with different sidepods and engine cover so they don't get as much criticism as RBR got last week.

wowgr8
wowgr8

They did a fantastic job blending in details of their real car with the generic showcar. The only part of the car that looks completely authentic is the engine cover bodywork and sidepods. Nose, front wing, tunnel openings, floor, rear wing, beam wing are generic

frosty125
frosty125

Owen.C93 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:00
I wouldn't fully agree with saying it's a low nose. Maybe a middle ground.

https://i.imgur.com/D3iNBgu.png
This is a render right? I can't see how they can make that rear suspension a reality.

DChemTech
DChemTech

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:09
They did a fantastic job blending in details of their real car with the generic showcar. The only part of the car that looks completely authentic is the engine cover bodywork and sidepods. Nose, front wing, tunnel openings, floor, rear wing, beam wing are generic
And that part was leaked already anyway ;)
Still, gives an inkling of where they are going with their philosophy, and whether or not that's the right way, I think the sidepods look nice.

OO7
OO7

DiogoBrand wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:08
To me that's just the same model Red Bull presented with different sidepods and engine cover so they don't get as much criticism as RBR got last week.
The nose cone section is also different:

F1NAC

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:09
They even bothered to put DRS actuator yet no DRS flap hinges :lol:

Holm86

So they did like Haas, showed the real car, but in the infant development stage

AeroDynamic

AeroDynamic

Zynerji

I love it! 🥰🥰🥰

It would be sooooo great to see AT actually challenge RBR at the front..

AeroDynamic

Giando

I'll bring this up...

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-al ... a/8163076/

Giorgio Piola writes: "È interessante rilevare, quindi, come il calore prodotto nelle pance sfoghi forse nel diffusore, mentre quello generato delle masse radianti poste sopra al motore Honda fuoriesce dalla coda del cofano motore che si protende fin sopra alle sospensioni posteriori: anche in questo caso l’aria calda dovrebbe influenzare la beam wing e migliorare l’estrazione dal grande diffusore posteriore."

"It's interesting to see, then, how the heath generated inside the sidepods flows maybe into the diffuser, while the hot air coming out from the radiators placed above the Honda PU exits from the upper tail hole on the back above the rear suspension: in this case the hot air should engage the beam wing and enhance air extraction from under the diffuser"...

IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE BY THE RULES ???
It seems to me it is not only illegal, but eventually also illogical since it could disrupt/destroy the flow under the car in a critical area...

What do you think?

Blackout

jjn9128 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:12
Blackout wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:01
And extremely high driveshaft and rear bottom wishbones :!: They are very close to the top ones...
The drive shaft to gearbox location is fixed within +/- 10mm from the bottom of the car (250-260mm).
Likewise the wishbones cannot join the upright lower than 40mm below the wheel centre axis.
Already knew this... thanks to you :P
So this is legal, but it would be a little nightmare mechanically indeed...
2021 RB also had an extreme geometry, but this is different

Blackout

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:33
Blackout wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:01
And extremely high driveshaft and rear bottom wishbones :!: They are very close to the top ones...
I think the 3D artist messed up that part of the model. If not, that is a serious structural disaster waiting to happen!

I have seen conecept cars and the like with two wish-bones above the centre of the wheel, but not a real car. It loads the upper A-arm in compression and the lower one in tension and Vice-versa. So You can imagine the amount of shear and overall force concentration in the wheel upright would be crazy. haha.

The correct wish-bones are shown here I think**:

https://youtu.be/c2jEcjLsk-s?t=139
Indeed. Thanks.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Holm86 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:37
So they did like Haas, showed the real car, but in the infant development stage
It feels to me that they were trying to show the real car, but didn’t finish it on time for the launch and therefore just renders of it.