USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

xpensive wrote:What, do you seriously suggest that Lord Windsor and his friend would make all that noise without having the money already bagged, is that how you do business in NYC? :wink:
:lol:
Of course that is NOT how we do business in NYC. [-X [-X
We just don't do business at all. :o :o

xpensive
xpensive

Perhaps Lord Windsor is supported by some Wall street fat-cat, with his hands deep into the taxpayers' pockets, why he has to be a little secretive about it?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Conceptual
Conceptual

xpensive wrote:Perhaps Lord Windsor is supported by some Wall street fat-cat, with his hands deep into the taxpayers' pockets, why he has to be a little secretive about it?
Question to the World...

In all of this mess, WHERE IS GEORGE SOROS?

It is a question that no one seems to want to answer...

smithmd4
smithmd4

Word on the street is that they're considering an American currently racing in a European junior formula. We don't get coverage of any of that stuff over here, so I have no idea who it would be. Don't even think any of the N-word drivers are even a long shot: they're not. And most of the IndyCar guys I would list as out of the question too. This will be a "from scratch" driver line up.

Also, don't forget the technology we have not only in racing, but aerospace too. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grubman, etc. And there are a ton of IndyCar, sports car (Grand Am/ALMS), & NASCAR people that are looking for work now due to downsized economy. And Charlotte is the banking center of the south, so a lot of money flows through there.

I've also heard that there will be a technical alliance with UNC-Charlotte's new-ish motor sports program. There is also the only 100% wind tunnel in the US located outside Charlotte.

As for the Fiat/Chrysler alliance bearing F1 fruit, I don't see that happening. It's a technical alliance only, not a cash deal. And at the moment Chrysler is the most likely of the "Big 3" to go out of business. No matter how great the marketing value, they don't have the cash to do it.

So the technology is here. The manpower is here. And this is the biggest market for most of the multinational corporations. The biggest challenge is principle people for oversight & turn around for a 2010 launch. Being that this just got announced, there's no way this has been silently being built. This is still on the ground floor and they're only now starting to make the plan a reality.

And please, lay off the redneck jokes. NAS-BORE isn't the only game in town and there are more than just the good ole' boys holding 3 fingers up for Dale Earnhardt. SOme of us actually appreciate the technology as opposed to taking naps.

jddh1

First reported on SpeedTV's website, Windsor talks about an imminent press release on the 24th of this month.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... r-on-usf1/

I was surprised he said that there was interest to build the car for the past 4 years. That is quite shocking to me.
Well, read on and mark the 24th on your calendars.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

smithmd4 wrote:Word on the street is that they're considering an American currently racing in a European junior formula. We don't get coverage of any of that stuff over here, so I have no idea who it would be. Don't even think any of the N-word drivers are even a long shot: they're not. And most of the IndyCar guys I would list as out of the question too. This will be a "from scratch" driver line up.
How about this bloke: - http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/7584/

F1LOCO
F1LOCO

With no wins, no poles, and only 2 fast laps, I certainly hope not. Bar none, Summerton needs to be in the USF1 mix, if they are looking to be viable more than a couple years. The second seat, I think, is a tougher one, but I am guessing someone with F1 experience to help develop the car. I hear Sato and Button are still looking these days.... :?

Belatti
Belatti

It wont work.
Last edited by Belatti on 16 Feb 2009, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban
modbaraban

Anthony Davidson.

boss
boss

I've also heard that there will be a technical alliance with UNC-Charlotte's new-ish motor sports program.
I can guarantee that this rumor would have come from people at UNCC, not USF1. I doubt the guys at USF1 have any illusions about getting any research from a university.

donskar
donskar

There have been several suggestions that Ferrari could be involved with USF1 through the Chrysler-Fiat alliance. Please remember that there is NO alliance yet. It can not be formalized until the US government approves Chrysler's restructuring plan. And given that dependency, the proposed alliance can not be a part of the restructuring plan. Sort of a vicious circle, eh?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual
Conceptual

Cosworth still has a frozen engine, and is American.

I am all about this. I may even move to NC just to be able to drive by the shop...lol

Ciro Pabón

Diario Sport, a spanish magazine, claims USF1 is going to hire american drivers.

They quote Joan Villadelprat, ex Benetton and Ligier engineer, head of Epsilon Euskadi team, saying that their testing and "wind tunneling" could be based in Bilbao. My translation from spanish:
“Everything is true, but it is also true that right now nothing is defined, we have had talks only. I know Ken (NOTE: Anderson, Ligier engineer, one of the USF1 promoters, owner of the usf1.com domain, according to whois.com) for many years and it was him who contacted me. They have thought they should have a base in Europe and they consider that Spain, where almost all winter test is done, would be an ideal place. Here we have idoneous installations, and, by sheer luck, our wind tunnel coincides fully with the new FIA regulations. However, in first place, you must see if the team is born and if it does we could talk about establishing their base at Epsilon Euskadi".
If they're going to run in 2010, then why the clock at their website ticks toward February 24, 1 pm?

For mx_tifosi, javier, belatti and the other spanish speakers: http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... io_PK=1269
Ciro

MattF1
MattF1

Ciro Pabón wrote:
If they're going to run in 2010, then why the clock at their website ticks toward February 24, 1 pm?
That's the date for the official launch of USF1

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21179.html

Ciro Pabón

Thanks, Matt.
Ciro